Tangled

The ball of yarn falls harmlessly out of the basket. It rolls away under a table. Spotting it Cub trots after it to investigate.

Using his paws Cub bats the yarn out from under the table. Fully intending to bring it back to the hermit who dropped it.

That doesn't happen.

The hermit is gone, having gone back to their base, the swirls in the nether portal indicating their departure. Cub blinks at the nether portal. Biting down on the ball of yarn he brings it onto the table and drops it.

Looking at it he chuffs and swats it gently with a paw.

It's all downhill from there.

Pouncing on it he shakes it around and it starts to unravel. A few hours later one of the other hermits walks in.

"Oh."

Cub locks eyes with Tango and mewls.

Snorting Tango brings out his communicator and takes a few photos of Cub all tangled in the string, "How'd you even do that."

Chuffing Cub rubs his head on Tango's ankle.

"Ok ok, I'll get you out," He laughs.

Slowly and carefully Tango unravels the yarn from Cub.

As soon as he's free from the yarn Cub pops back into human form, "I don't know why I did that..."

Tango nods, "Don't worry about it, it's probably just instinct and stuff."

Shrugging Cub nods, "Probably, yeah."