New Season

It's been a few months since the last season of hermitcraft ended, and with the meteor's promise to stay away until the next season. The hermits have had a much needed break. They were able to do different projects. Work on redstone, learn new skills, play in hardcore worlds, interact with some new friends. Adjust to the changes in a far less stressful environment.

All in all it was a good break, and some parts of the transformations have gotten a little better. Grian's talking without needing to mimic the words he says, The wood on Cleo's body is becoming softer and more flesh-like.

Sometimes they just get some much needed time to rest and recover. Ren regained his lost limbs; watcher magic is amazing like that sometimes, it took him a few weeks to recover form that. TFC's been able to focus on making things again, Beef's branching out and working with others again. Iskall makes a modded world, as does Etho.

All in all it's pretty good. A new normal is coming together pretty well.

But of course the new season must start at some point.

_______

The hermits are trying something new this season. They're going in blind without looking at the seed. They decide to settle in a sort of starter villege at first. Then scatter off in all different directions to get started.

_______

Joe starts off in his true form, a towering entity with far too many arms, and eyes. Sticking near the spawn he makes supply chests. He creates a little pavilion, storing furnaces, crafting tables and other necessities.

A bed has been set up for the hermits should they need a place to crash before their starting homes have been constructed.

Xisuma immediately heads down into the mines. His claws click as he scratches through the stone into a large cave. He and Ex get to work immediately. It doesn't take them too long to get to the nether. Tail wagging he grins at the start of his house. It's large but a lot of the time hermitcraft is go big. As they build Xisuma only has to grab Ex's ankle a few times to keep him from floating off. Sure Ex is getting much better at controlling his transformation, but not everything always works as planned.

_______

Of course some Hermits haven't been on survival worlds recently and decide that the best course of action is to go feral.

Namely Tango. This man, who should absolutely avoid dying at all costs, throws himself into danger, constantly. Unnecessarily stressing out the people he's mining with. Low hearts while mining, then darting out into the caves. Getting stuck in powdered snow, he came pretty close to dying there and he had to pop into the nether to warm back up.

He's a phoenix so he's making a nether themed base, it's fitting. He spends hours collecting enough honeycomb to make a bee farm then sets up and builds next to Impulse.

_______

Scrambling up the side of his boulder Zed grins at his base. It's a small boulder but it's nice. And now that he has a home, he can start challenges.

Like making a high dive, to bedrock.

The sheep hybrid calls two of his best friends over and then clambors up the scaffolding. He dies the first time he jumps, because Tango and Impulse blocked the hole. He makes it a few tries later. As he grins up towards the others he feels an odd pang of confusion. "Oh, hi void, Hey IMPY-" Once the high dive challenge is done the three head back to Tango's base.

_______

"Oh hey Jev," Beef nods as he places his front hooves on a rock to stretch, "What's up?"

"You want to go caving?" Jevin offers.