Comfort is found in words and actions: Bdubs

Bdubs yawns, the HEP meeting had gone on a bit longer than expected and he's losing energy fast. Blinking a few times he shakes his head and forces himself to pay attention. They're almost to the end of the meeting.

Stifling another yawn Bdubs looks up at Scar. As he's looking up something warm is draped around his shoulder. Slightly startled Bdubs makes a shrieking noise in the back of his throat. The now identified blanket is drawn close to his body as he lays his head down on the table. The others look over for a moment before continuing, just a little bit quieter than before.

It's been agreed on that if Bdubs is falling asleep during a meeting someone will take notes for him.

As he wakes up Bdubs takes a moment to orient himself. He's been moved from the HEP base into the town hall. It's a nice gesture. His tail thumps against the bed softly as he stands up. Feeling his wings rub against his side he looks outside, it's dark.

"Howdy," Joe grins as he sits down on the bed, he pulls Bdubs down next to him, "What's bugging you?"

Bdubs wraps his arms around himself, "It's just I always fall asleep when it's inconvenient for someone else."

"That's not true," Joe protests, "You were awake for most of that meeting, Cub told me that they went over. It's not your fault."

Bdubs puffs out a breath, "I guess, it gets so lonely during the night. Doc and Etho are awake sometimes, so is Jev, but it's just the little things. There are no chat shenanigans and I don't have the option to talk with anyone."

"I get it," Joe sighs.

Bdubs tail flicks slightly as he looks up, "I can tell when someone has slept."

"I'm guessing you don't react well?"

"It's complicated, it's like I try to push them into bed. I can't stand it, and the longer they haven't slept the more I can't bear being near them."

"Phantom rules?" Joe asks and at his nod, he continues, "Tell the others to sleep, if you tell them that it makes you uncomfortable they'll stop."

"I know they will, but... I don't want to boss them around."

"They won't think that."

Bdubs shrugs, "With the mini-game war coming up I don't know how I'm supposed to do this. I can't keep up."

"That's ok, after what he did to you... Baby steps, you don't need to throw yourself headfirst into everything."

Smiling softly Bdubs nods, "It's such a weird transformation, The tail I get, it's useful at times. Same with my eyes, I can see in the dark. The fangs are, ok, they really just make me stutter a bit. What I don't understand is why give me wings at night."

Joe nods interested in what Bdubs is rambling on about.

"I know I can transform fully into a phantom but it's just confusing. I still haven't figured out how I'm supposed to fly in the full phantom form. I can kinda glide but it doesn't last long."

"Have you tried the Elytra forty degrees trick?"

"Yeah, that with some wing flapping works the best if I'm trying."

"Do you want to try to fly?" Joe asks grinning.

Bdubs nods and carefully stands up before fully transforming into a; slightly reminiscent of a stingray, Phantom.