Comfort is founded words and actions: Jevin

This chapter involves a newish concept, Jevin can split like a slime. This was mentioned in Side Effects as well.

......

Jevin softly bounces on his heels as he tries to figure out just where the rest of him has gone. He can tell that there was a teen Jevin that had formed and another eight year old.

They look like they're together, but he can't figure out just where they are. Slight panic leaks through the bond as he desperately looks for the others.

It's a rare occurrence that Jevin splits and even rarer that they unwillingly separate. This split has happened from an unfortunate PVP session with False. Normal Jevin had panicked at a stray creeper and split into two. Which False had accidently hit one causing two mini Jevin's to appear. Somehow in the resulting chaos one of the Mini Jevin's fell into a nether portal, and in his blind panic had ended up in the shopping district.

Since all three of the Jevin's are in a blind panic they can't find each other. The separated Jevin pulls on his hoodie strings as he looks for someone, anyone. Even the Wels clone; Hels or something, would be better than this.

Quivering slightly, Jevin bounces off of something that immediately puts the box he's holding down, "Jevin, are you ok?"

"I uh, I-I can't find them," Jevin stutters as his form slips a little.

Joe sits on the ground and lets the mini Jevin hug him, "Are you looking for the rest of yourself?"

Jevin nods, his lisp more pronounced in his panic, "We got separated, I can't find them."

"Ok, let's wait here for a minute," Joe suggests, "That way you can calm down a bit and then we can go looking."

Giggling softly the mini Jevin looks up, "It'll be an adventure."

"It sure will be," Joe grins as he stands up, "Where to first?"

"Uh, we split at Falses base so we can check there first," Jevin mumbles as he fiddles with his hoodie some more.

"Good thinking buddy," Joe says as he takes the Mini Jevin's hand and they walk towards the nether portal.

Kicking at the ground Jevin glares, "It's all so annoying."

Joe looks down at the mini jevin and carefully sits down on the side of the ice lined nether tunnel, "What's up?"

"It's the splitting in general, it's fun when I want it, I can do more than one thing at once but when it's unexpected it just gets in the way."

"Hey, it's not your fault it's like this."

"I hate it," Jevin stomps.

Mildly taking a back Joe hugs the mini Jevin, "Ok talk to me."

"Whenever I'm like this I'm still me, I'm just short and I act like a child. I still know how to do things but sometimes I just can't help but act like a kid."

Gently nodding Joe asks a simple question, "Do you want advice from me or do you just want me to listen?"

Freezing for a minute, Jevin sits down, "Listen for now."

Joe nods.

"I can be doing what I'm supposed to be doing when I'm like this and then I'll get distracted and run off. Then it takes even longer than it normally would. When we're like this it's like we're all over the place."

"I have a question, do you feel like we treat you like a kid?"

"Sometimes," Jevin mumbles, "It's normally when we act like kids that you guys treat us like kids. That's fair, I guess," As his rant continues he starts stuttering as he finishes he leans against Joe as they continue walking.

They spend a few hours wandering the server looking for the other Jevin's, by the time they are found the sun is setting. The small tower that served as a starter base, is once again used as a house. After the Jevin's fuse back into the normal Jevin he turns to Joe and thanks him for helping him find himself.