1

Shaking my head in disapproval at my parents they looked at me with sadness. "We are really sorry April it's the way it needs to be" "it doesn't need to be like this, what about Reilly? she was supposed to be the one.." "it's the way it is. Reilly has other plans" "what if I have plans?" "You are only twenty one" "I hate you both" walking away and back to my boring old room, I closed my door locking it. 'i don't want to go to this stupid ball, I don't want to be his date. I don't even know the person all I have heard is he is arrogant. Why me? I'm happy not having to deal with any of this. I just want to live my life. I just want to be free and be me, but no of course Reilly gets her way like usual.

"April" "Brit" "what are we doing tomorrow?" "I have to go somewhere" "somewhere?" "Yeah my parents are forcing me to go to the stupid ball" "wait the one Reilly was going to go to?" "Yes now she has plans. I am being forced to go" "that's unfair" "I agree. I do not want any part in this family and its.." "it's your family" "no family wouldnt force their child to go to a ball and entertain a man she doesn't even know. I wish we had gone through with that plan" "I can come rescue you" "really?" "No. You know I can't. But I would if I could" "I am hating this" "what time is the ball?" "Seven" "you will be fine" 'i don't feel fine' "well I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow" "it would be better if we could hang out but fill me in on how it goes" "okay I will. I better go Brit" "bye April" "bye".

Laying on my queen size bed, I stared at the white ceiling. So this is my life. Living in the shadows of my amazing beautiful sister, doing her dirty work while she can do whatever she likes, enjoying her life. It's always been this way, she has always been the person they put first, the one they look out for and care for the most.

"April, come on, you need to get up" "what for?" "Do not ask questions just get up, get dressed and get In the car" groaning, I threw the blankets back and got up.
Getting dressed, I fixed my hair and walked out.
"Hurry up April you need to get ready for this evening" internally groaning I walked to the car and got in slamming the door.
"You will be on your best behavior tonight" not saying a word I put my Belt on then crossed my arms.
This is going to be a long day. I can already see it. Dress, shoes, makeup, hair and I want none of it.

"April more enthusiasm" "this is not my ball. I hate these things. You don't care about my plans it's always Reilly" "best behavior" rolling my eyes I followed my mother into the shop.
"Marielle" "hello Georgie" "the ball is on tonight are you finding a dress for Reilly?" "No April will be attending" "hmm" georgie looked me up and down with judgement making me roll my eyes "I think I have the perfect dress for you April follow me" like I have a choice.
"Try this on" "be careful. Do not mess it up, do not rip it, do not.." walking into the change room I closed the door just ignoring my mother. This is definitely not my style. V neck, long silver sequined dress. I don't even wear dresses. Removing my clothes I put the dress on doing up the zip at the back. Looking in the mirror I looked at my self curling my lip up, I am not one bit interested in doing this. "Well?" Opening the door georgie smiled "that dress is perfect. What do you think Marielle?" "It suits you well. We also need shoes" "I will find the perfect ones to go with it. You can remove the dress" "please do before.." closing the door I could hear my mother but I don't care what she has to say. Removing the dress I put it back on the hanger then put my clothes back on and walked out. "The dress?" "Is on the hanger" mom let out a groan of disappointment but walked in grabbing the dress. "I said.. it looks beautiful on you" "these will be perfect. You look to be an eight" I nodded "yes she is" "then I believe we are done. Come to the counter I will get the payment ready". Following my mother to the counter I put my hands in my back pockets of my jeans just standing there waiting while those two spoke.
"April we really need to be going. We have so much to do. Thank you georgie" "you are welcome".

"That was easier than I thought. Now nails, hair and Definitely makeup" internally groaning I followed my mom to the car.
"Cheer up you get to.." "I want no part in this crap" "watch your mouth" "I can't unless I pucker my lips and look down cross-eyed. Oh well theres a thought" "ENOUGH APRIL" "send Reilly she loves being the center of attention" "she is busy" "and I was too but no you don't care about that. As a matter of fact don't talk to me" "I am your mother" "yeah you care heaps" "I care about our family" "well I must not be a part of it" "your attitude.." "is the way I feel, you'd know if you cared" "argh I'm not talking about this" "good".
Spending all day getting my nails, hair and makeup done I felt disgusting. I look like a fucking stuck up bitch.
"April what are you doing?" "What's it look like I am doing. I am dreading this stupid ball, sitting on my bed" "get up and get dressed" argh "Dallas get in here" "what is it now?" "Your daughter" rolling my eyes I waited for dad to enter "what is your problem Marielle she is all done Barr her dress and shoes how long do you think it takes to get dressed" "she needs to leave in twenty minutes. She has had attitude all day and is ruining her makeup" "how the hell am I ruining my make up. Not that I fucking want it on. It's stupid I feel like some plastic bimbo" "enough. Get dressed and do not embarrass this family" "send Reilly" "we have been through this" "oh that's right miss important can do whatever she likes. get out of my room" "this is my house" "GET OUT" walking to the door I looked at my mother with disgust and slammed the door In her face.

Putting the dress and shoes on I didn't even bother looking at myself. I hate looking this way. It's not for me.
Hearing a gentle knock on my bedroom door I opened it to see a man around my age. "Ahh hi" "hi I'm Owen I am here to take you to the ball" "you are not my date?" "No ma'am" "April" he had welcoming smile. "Are you ready to go April?" "No" he smirked but quickly covered it. "But I will get in the car" he nodded.
Walking out I looked at my mother with hatred but never said a word as I followed owen to the car. "I will open it" "but.." "no I am capable" "of course" getting in the car owen did the same.
"You are not like the last few I have had to collect" "well lucky you aren't dealing with my stuck up sister then. She was supposed to be going but I'm getting forced" "I can see you aren't too happy about the situation" "can I call you as an escape?" Owen let a small laugh slip "do you really think it will be that bad?" "Well so far I have been judged for my body, had to get nails, my hair done and my make up. None of those interest me so I'm sure this place won't either" "what about your date?" "Argh well, all I have heard is he is arrogant" "right up your alley" I chuckled at the sarcasm in Owens voice. "Do you drive for stuck up rich people all the time?" "Yes it's my job, I do not enjoy it but it's good money" "I'd rather shovel horse crap" Owen laughed "oh the people there are going to love you" "just as much I love them, I'm sure. We should swap details before we get there" "for?" "Well by the looks of it. You seem like the least stuck up person around. I need that in my life" Owen had a genuine grin on his face as he looked at me in the rear vision mirror "then I will gladly swap details with you" I grinned.