60

"Meredith Coleman has had a little secret and I wish to share it with you all" "Evelyn" mom only looked at Meredith with a look of hatred "you see while she was pretending to be the doting wife, she was sleeping with some one else. that being Renee's father. He wanted her child and here she is" hearing gasps all around the room Meredith and Frank put their heads down. "It's true isn't it?" "You can't believe this, she has gone insane" "it's true" "yes it's true she has mentioned it to us" hearing everyone start yelling over the top of each other, I looked at my mother as she walked to the bar, sculled a bourbon and walked out.
"She loved April" dad walked off while I just stood here stunned at everything that has happened. "Brenton, I know this is bad timing but I'd love to spend some time with you" "I have a partner Justine and she is the most incredible woman I know" "but I thought.." "whatever it was, I'm sure it was wrong now I need to go" "surely I can change your mind" "no" walking away from Justine and out of the hall, I stood at the steps just looking out over the car park. My mind was in shambles.

"What are you doing here?" "Oakley I need to see her" "you hurt her. I told her to go with her heart and look where this ended up" "please I really need to see her Oakley I.. " shaking my head I looked back at Oakley "I love her and I'm not willing to let her go" Oakley stepped back with his head down looking between the house and me. With a slight nod he opened the gates and I drove in.
I had no idea what was in store for me but I will take anything she throws at me.
Entering the house two familiar voices were in the lounge. To my surprise my partner and my mother.
Entering the room they both stopped talking. "Brenton" "mom" "you have a lot of explaining to do" "can I speak with April alone please" mom nodded but I could see the hurt in her eyes.
When she left the room I moved to kneel in front of her. Raising her chin I looked straight into her dark green eyes. They looked empty and it's not something I ever wanted to see. "April i.." "I want you to leave" "no don't. just let me explain please" "what is there to explain Brenton you had another woman on your arm for two entire hours, if I had've done that, not that I fucking would, how would you feel huh. It would make you feel worthless. Maybe I was wrong about you" "no stop I was trying to get the Medlocks on board with the resort but they kept moving off track. Yes I didn't remove her arm and it made me cringe with her hands on me but I was trying to do what I needed for us April. If I had of removed her arm, it wouldn't of helped. I understand why you feel the way you do about the situation I was an idiot. Not even the resort is worth losing you over. I love you April and no one else. I have no interest in any other woman. I finally got you after a five years, we took our time to get to know each other and i never want to let you go. Look I don't even know what to say. I made you feel that way when all I want is for you to be happy and bubbly maybe even a little fire cracker like I know you are. I swear I will do anything I can to make up for me being an idiot" April looked at me with a straight face but I knew her mind was ticking over. "You can move back" "April?" "I said move back" moving back I kept my eyes on her as she stood up "and you can go shower you smell like a fucking prostitute" April walked off leaving me unsure of her response. When mom walked in, she had a smirk on her face "good start she didn't kick you out but I would follow her request. all she can smell is Justine's perfume" "shit" mom nodded "you have a lot of work to do Brenton and If you lose her you will be dealing with me".

"You lost your shit at that Hall" "I did what needed to be done. To bring that woman down now I am going to have a bourbon with April" I grinned "who knew you drank bourbon?" "I did" Jesus Christ god help me. Time for a shower.

April.

I took in what he said. Okay maybe he was doing it for the resort but we don't need their help. While he spoke, all I could smell was her disgusting perfume and it repulsed me that she had her hands on him. I know with the rich it only takes one little thing for them to say no but I don't care. I will grow my resort just like I did with ventures, without their help.
"April so are we having a bourbon?" I smirked "who knew huh" Evelyn chuckled "you remind me of myself" "scary" Evelyn grinned "maybe. I need to tell you something" "of course" "I knocked Meredith off her podium" "how did you do that?" "I told the party about her old affair" "oh shit" Evelyn chuckled "she needed to come down from there. Oh I know what this phone call is going to be about one minute" "that's fine".
"Yes i did..no it was about time..I don't care I hate being there anyway. I can't stand them I only went because I knew Brenton and April were going..when I get there I am currently having a drink with April..hard like always.." I looked at Evelyn unsure of her conversation and she grinned "yes and that won't change..okay well I will see you when I get home and have a drink or something you seem tense..okay bye" I chuckled as soon as Evelyn hung up the phone "he is a fan of you" "past that ego he seems like a good man" "he is" "how did you two meet?" "At highschool" "highschool sweethearts" "oh no we didn't actually start dating until I was twenty two. Very similar to you actually. I had to attend a ball and I didn't want to be there but instead of walking away, I gave him a chance. I sat at the same bar and drank while he was talking. I made conversation with him and from there we spoke away from the ball and look where we are now" "I'm glad you said similar because that last part surely didn't happen" "oh he was fuming" I smirked "about what exactly?" "That you left. He mentioned you were not like the rest and just left him standing there. From there you are all he wanted" I nodded "my thoughts were completely different but I guess things changed" "took you five years to speak with him" "I was busy" Evelyn chuckled "I'm sure that was the reason" I nodded.
"Would you like something to eat?" "What's on the menu?" "A platter" "then I'd love some. I can give you a hand" "don't be silly. Sit" "the same words I said to you" "possibly".
"You have changed?" "Yes I needed a shower" I never looked up just started chopping ingredients "would you like a hand" "no thanks".
Everything was silent until Evelyn spoke up "that resort of yours. Any date you are wanting it to be open by?" "No simon has already started the work. I don't mind how long it takes, I know he is good at his job" "usually people have a time frame" "I understand that but he is an old friend and it's not like I am struggling for money. With a bit of luck four months. I need to do all the research for the resort items and then order them in plus hire people. I don't want to rush, I have learnt my lesson of taking on too much at one time" "good spread the load out too" "I will".

Spending another hour with Brenton and Evelyn, Evelyn left and I cleaned everything up. "Do not worry about it April I can do it" "it's fine I made the mess. Once this is done I will go get some sleep" "it's going to take time I know that and I am really sorry" "I know".
Getting everything done Brenton never said another word.
"Are you going to bed?" "When you do" I nodded "well I am going to lock everything and turn the lights off and head up to the room" "okay".

Laying down in bed I set my alarm then closed my eyes. What a shit fucking night but it was good to spend time with Evelyn. Blocking my thoughts I kept my eyes closed just waiting for sleep to take over.