63

Brenton.

I don't know about their nerves but mine are surely soaring at the moment.
"Please welcome Evelyn Mancini, April maltri and Brenton Mancini" walking out just before we entered, mom handed me the box and I put it in my pocket. Taking a deep breath as we walked in, mom and April both sat down and I followed suit.
"Hello Peter it's lovely to see you" "and you too Evelyn, it's been a long time" "way too long" she always plays the part well.
"All of us here have been excited waiting for an interview and we are ecstatic to see Brenton and to meet his partner April maltri" I grinned "it's great to see you peter and yes I am very happy to introduce you to April she has been a shining light in my life" "April we haven't heard from you before, can you tell us why that is. I have heard you have been in a few articles prior to this" "that is correct I have. I have tried to stay out of the spot light and just concentrate on ventures as well as helping charities throughout the city" "I have heard you have done a lot for charities, why is that?" "I like to help anyone I can, that needs it. I'd like to see everyone happy. Unfortunately their are A lot of greedy people out there but money isnt everything. Love is." "She has even helped me with rose plates. This young woman is incredible in every way and has a very big heart, I am thankful she came into our lives" I internally grinned.
"Evelyn I heard there was an uproar at the annual ball yesterday can you fill me in on that?" "You know peter, in that place there are a lot of secrets. One that came to light yesterday was of Meredith Coleman having a daughter with another man" "I heard you were the one that told everyone" "yes I did because of this young woman. she taught me honesty is best. We have been so wrapped up in our lives instead of seeing the real picture and as they say the truth always comes out in the end" I could see peter was very pleased with that answer by his genuine smile "it seems April is exactly as you described, professional, well mannered, caring and kind" "and loving especially towards those she is close to and thankfully my only son" "I am very lucky to have her as my partner" "I can see that. What about you Brenton rumor has it, you were dating Reilly Gomez?" "That's exactly what it was. I had taken Reilly out for the day at her mother's request but it was nothing more to it. I have always had my eyes set on April but due to her line of work and her traveling it took me quite sometime". "April do you not worry what others might think about you. Your partner took another woman out and your mother is in jail for invasion of privacy as well as Irene and kristene Baxter" "no I am not worried peter, I am my own person. I knew of that day, it was before Brenton and I started dating. I also know he is a very honest man and he explained the situation. As for my mother she can be very persistent and will not stop unless she gets her way. My mother and the baxters are spending time in jail due to them planting hidden cameras in my home, invading my privacy. I believe justice was served" "wow it was your own premises, that is definitely a shock. Can you tell me how they did that?" "Of course. I had met Kristene at a cafe and she acted like she needed a job. of course being the person I am, I like to help people and gave her one in my estate. I never thought I would be betrayed and it only came to my attention when Kristene tried to accuse brenton of drugging the soup he made me while I was unwell and he had the suspicion of cameras being in my home. Detectors came out the next day and well the rest is history" "it seems you both help each other a lot" "it's how a relationship should be. Both pulling their weight helping each other out. Just like Emre and myself" I grinned "you know peter, this beautiful woman beside me who I love more than anything reminds me so much of my wonderful mother and I really hope we have the lasting lifetime of love and care for each other like my parents" "so you are officially off the market?" "Very much so, April is the only woman I need, well besides my mother" mom and April both grinned. I could see a glint in mom eyes.
"How did you two meet?" "I attended the annual ball. at first it was because my sister was too busy at a spa resort with her friends but I didn't mind and looking back I am so glad I went, as I met Brenton. although at the time It wasnt so blissful. I was dealing with women who looked down upon me. When I left Brenton chased after me" "a Cinderella story" all of us laughed "you could say that" "looks like you two are made for each other" "we believe so".
"Peter this woman here is exceptional I couldn't let her get away. As I said it took some time as April was building up her business but I finally got her in my grasp and I'm always at my highest when around her. Not only is she gorgeous from her long brown hair to her feet she is intelligent, strong minded, caring, sweet, loving and I couldn't ask for a better person to spend my life with" pulling out the box I knelt down in front of her "and this is why I am kneeling down in front of the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on asking her to marry me" April's eyes went wide "April Rosetta maltri will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" I could see the tears of happiness start to show on her face as she kept her eyes on mine "yes. Yes I will marry you" April wrapped her arms around me and pressed her lips on mine. Pulling away I grabbed the ring out of the box and held her left hand, slowly sliding the ring on her wedding finger "I love you" she grinned as the tears pooled her eyes "I love you".
"Well there you have it folks April maltri and Brenton Mancini are now engaged. What a wonderful couple we have here and look at the happiness from Evelyn" keeping my eyes on April, she had the most stunning smile on her face.
"We will be back after the break".

April

Stunned, amazed, happy, excited. A mix of emotions just ripped through me this all felt surreal.
Hearing peter say after the break he walked around the desk.
"I am so happy for you both and of course you too Evelyn" standing, I grinned "thank you Peter" "thank you" "oh I am thrilled I have an amazing Soon to be daughter in law" I couldn't help but grin at Evelyn but I am so going to kill her, she knew he was actually going to propose. no wonder she didn't hand me the ring. I can't believe he did that on live television.
"We best move out of here. the break doesn't last forever" "it was lovely meeting you peter" "and you too April. I'm looking forward to the wedding" I nodded with a grin. Brenton shook his hand as men do and we all walked out.
"Evelyn you have some explaining to do" she Chuckled "that was not the original plan but this one here changed them. He didn't want a temporary fix he wanted the real deal. Eek I'm so excited" I laughed then looked at Brenton as he held me close and kissed my head "there is no temporary I am never letting this one go".
"Brenton I am so glad I caught you" "ahh what are you doing here?" "I seen you on television and I.." "justine just leave you are making a fool of yourself. As you can see Brenton just proposed to my amazing beautiful smart daughter in law" "but.." "there is no buts. April is the woman I am marrying and nothing will ever change that" Justine's face changed instantly to a soft smile, her eyes showing happiness "you really love her?" "More than anything" Justine grinned "I am really happy for you both. I will never break a happy relationship. Take care all of you" "and you too justine".
"Well that's not what I expected" "she can't be too bad after all" "oh no, keep that caring side to yourself around people like that" I chuckled