46

Adam.

"Adam" hearing my name I ran up to the back porch "hey April how was your day?" "Good. Do you want to go get the furniture for your house tomorrow. With me being away I haven't had the chance" "what about the property?" "Brett is working again now, he can handle it for a day. I'm free tomorrow and can do it then" "okay thats fine" "good. I will come get you in the morning. After tomorrow you can have your own place" "am I still working here?" "Not tomorrow but after that, yes you can until the resort opens. I'm sure Brett would appreciate the help" I nodded "alright what time?" "Eight. one furniture shop opens at eight thirty. May as well start early so we have all day to get it done plus shopping. As of next week your pay will be transferred directly to your account" I nodded "okay well I am done for today anyway I am going to rest" "sure bye" "bye".
There's something going on but I am not going to question her. I am thankful she has done everything for me and has been kind enough to take me furniture shopping tomorrow. I know she has the truck so I'm sure she will use that.
Heading back to the bungalow. I grabbed the suit case she bought me and started packing all the clothes she bought for me.
I need to do something for her, for all that she has done for me. To pull me off the streets, save my life, give me not one but two roofs over my head, one temporary. Oh and not to mention the food, clothes and car. What the hell can I do for her?

"April" "morning ready to go?" "Yes I am" April nodded.
Getting in her truck as expected we headed straight into town.
"Large furniture first?" "Yes it can go to the back of the truck" "still not much of a talker in the morning huh?" "Nothing's changed" I nodded.
Reaching a furniture store it wasn't just some cheap furniture store she took me zalis the most expensive out of the lot. "April this is not necessary" "it's happening".
Getting out we both walked inside. "You tell me what you like and I will get it" I shook my head but looked around. Definitely nothing light in color, it only shows dust like every other color but stands out more. Finding a lounge set, table, chairs, coffee table and much more. April did as she said and paid for the lot. I felt bad in this moment. "The staff will load them on to the truck" "this is way too much for those weeks of work" "actually it worked out to be fine. We still have to get you a fridge and freezer as well as everything else like cutlery, linen.." "but that's not what we discussed" "that's the way it is" there is no point arguing with her.

Getting absolutely everything and way too much, april drove to my new house. I have yet to step a foot into it but I will today. To stay.

April.

"Brenton?" "April where are you?" "Adams new place setting up his house" "Im not lecturing you but that's not resting" "it needs to be done" "All in one day?" "Yes" "hmm send me the address and let me help" "okay I will do that".
Hanging up the phone I sent Brenton Adams address then continued to help Adam set up his bed. "Am I that bad of a house guest?" "No. I have time off and it's a good chance to get it all done" "that's all there is to it?" "Yeah".

"Hey guys" "hey" "have you done all the setting up today?" "Yes shopping and now putting everything it's place.. obviously the fridge and freezer were first as we had to put the food away" "step back and relax let me help" I nodded.
I am honestly exhausted and tired but I need to get this done for My own peace of mind.

Setting up the kitchen, I took all the empty boxes back to the truck then grabbed out the bags of linen taking them inside. Folding All the linen I put the tea towels in the kitchen then all the rest in the linen cupboard.
When the guys came out Brenton shook his head "I said relax" "I have been" "ah-huh" "looks like it's all set up Adam. You just need to make your bed. Here's your pillows and blankets, everything else in the cupboards. Do you want to drive your car back to mine?" "Yeah I will do that" I nodded.
"Alright I will meet you two at my estate, I need to take the truck back and.." "relax" I internally grinned at Brenton "what he said" the guys laughed.

Entering the house Brenton wasn't far behind.
"You pushed yourself way too hard. when he goes I am making you dinner then taking you to bed" I looked at him wide eyed "I didn't mean it like that" I chuckled "I can make my own dinner" "nope" Brenton gently grabbed my shoulders and turned me around gently pushing me out of the kitchen to the stool on the other side of the bench. "theres a seat. use it" sitting down I shook my head "you have been stressed and there are things you aren't saying" "lots" "then you will" looking at Brenton he challenged my look making me internally grin "will I?" "Talk, scream, whatever it may be".
Sitting in silence the back door opened and in walked Adam "thanks for everything April, it means the world to me. You have helped me tremendously" "I'm glad I could help" "can I have a hug before I go?" "Of course" giving Adam a short hug I pulled back "enjoy your new home and car" "I'm sure I will. See you tomorrow" I nodded.
Seeing Adam leave it was one less thing off my shoulders.
"Okay speak" "about?" "Well you have been more tense than usual" "than usual? am I really that bad?" "No but you have this resting bitch face and you are more tense there's a reason for it all. You should let it out".
Hearing the front door I shook my head 'for fuck sake I need to put a stop to this' seeing it was my dad I relaxed a little. "Hey dad" "hey you two. This place is quiet?" "Good. How have you been?" "Since I have seen you, pretty busy. They organised another ball" "nope" Brenton chuckled "they are looking for you Brenton. supposedly Medlocks daughter will be there and is a suitable..." "Are you Medlocks daughter?" "Nope" "then she isn't suitable" dad smirked "I only came here to warn you to keep a low profile" "oh I have been. I was just about to tell April the important news" "important news, what news?" "I sold my house" "what?" "The public eye know where I live, I can't go back there. I have sent a company to collect everything while I have been staying either here or at a hotel" my eyes went wide "shit that's definitely news" "you both could make an appearance" "nope" "no way" dad laughed "are you going dad?" "They are expecting me too but no" "why didnt you go to the one I went to?" "You weren't even there long" "three hours" "what?" I chuckled "I was there for three hours sitting at the bar drinking and speaking with Byron" "the barman?" "Yep" dad shook his head "I didn't go because it was meant for the younger ones" "then why was Meredith Coleman there and a lot of other older people?" "Because they don't listen and love the spot light" rolling my eyes Brenton laughed "I expected that reaction. Dallas would you like some food" "oh if it's not too much trouble. So April why is this place so empty. You said it was a good thing" "it is. Its empty because no has just rocked up unannounced like always and it's good because I need a break" "I can leave.." "no not you dad" "or Brenton by the looks of it" "Brenton helped Adam and I set up his new house" "when is Adam moving out?" "He has gone" "already" "yes" "that was quick if you only set up his house" "yeah. It had been well overdue. He was only supposed to stay for ten weeks but as I was away it was extended. I will go out and clean up the bungalow tomorrow" "no get Chelsea to do it. You are paying her anyway" "shit with everything going on I forgot to call her" "relax will you" "yes boss" Brenton smirked "keeping her in line?" "Not likely this one holds the reins" I internally grinned "we compromised" "April maltri compromise, I never thought I'd see the day" "never had the chance to compromise when I was younger" "hmm that is true".