2

Arriving at the venue. Owen parked at the front door. "Number?" I grinned. Exchanging numbers with Owen, I grinned "I look forward to catching up with you" "and you too April. would you like me to open the door?" "no thanks, I'm sure I can pull a handle" Owen smirked "have fun and give them hell" "that's the plan".
Opening the car door, I stepped out and closed the door. Tapping the car gently, Owen drove off and I walked up the steps to the doors.
Opening the door, I entered. 'argh this place is full of stuck up rich pricks and bitches. Just looking at them, I know I am not going to get along with them.
"Ma'am?" Turning to look at my left, a waiter stood near the door.
"Name?" "April" "Gomez?" "That is correct" "you are on the list. you may go ahead to the ball room" 'I believe I am already in it, dick head'.
I looked straight at the bar 'yep that's where I am heading'.
"Hi my name is Haley" "April" "which family are you from?" "Gomez" "oh you are Reilly's sister?" "yep" "you do not talk much huh?" "No" "well okay then" walking away and straight up to the bar, I took a seat.
"Ma'am, would you like a champagne?" "No I would like a beer" "the women here.." "I said a beer not a champagne" "yes ma'am" "April" the barman nodded.
"Your beer" "thank you" sipping on my beer, I heard a girl gasp like a guy had grabbed her breast with out permission. "Oh my god you drink beer?" Looking to my right, a blonde prissy looking girl stood beside me in a dark blue sequin dress "I am holding it.." "oh that's okay then, us women.." "if you didn't cut me off I would've finished with, so yes I am" the girl looked me up and down. "You are not a woman" "I have breasts and a.." "excuse me. Byron a beer" "women do not drink beer" "hmm stuck up girls dont. Champagne is just as bad as vodka with raspberry" hearing the girl gasp again, I shook my head and took a sip.
"You are making lots of friends in this place" looking at the bar man, I shrugged "I don't need plastics and pricks in my life. I live with three of them, that's enough" argh I am ready to call Owen already and I haven't even finished my first beer.
"So why are you here?" "I was forced to take my sister's place because miss princess gets away with everything. I want nothing to do with this" "I can see that".
Sculling my drink, I put it on the bar "another please barman" "well atleast you have manners" "are you just like these people?" "I didn't mean it in a bad way. Just watch. everyone in the place forgets their manners unless it has something to do with money".
"Excuse me" "what can I get for you ma'am?" "Madam and three champagnes" "of course. Coming right up" I internally grinned. Yep full of stuck up people.
"Who are you young lady?" "April" "it is rude not to look at someone while talking. Did your parents not teach you manners?" "I can say the same to you. Just because the barman is not actually part of this ball, it doesn't mean you should treat him with disrespect. You didnt say please" "he is to respect his elders" "here madam" "good. And young lady the bar is not for women" "I think she meant thanks for the drinks, have a good night" hearing the lady stomp her foot, I internally grinned.
"Do you know who that was?" "Nope, I don't know anyone here. I'm just a replacement like always" "Meredith Coleman" I shrugged "can I please get that beer?" "Oh sorry I forgot" "it's fine".
"Your name is Byron?" "Yes it is" I nodded as he handed me the beer.
Sitting at the bar for a couple of hours, I got grabbed on the shoulder and turned around. A man stood in front of me wearing a black tux with a white shirt. Looking at his face id say he is about twenty five, stands about six foot, a slight stubble on his face with dark brown eyes and messy hair. "You are supposed to be my date" I raised my eyebrows "really?" "Are you Reilly Gomez?" "No I am April Gomez. I hope you are as disappointed as I am to be here" "where is your sister?" I shrugged then took a sip of my beer "who knows. while she is out getting to live her life, I am stuck here with rich plastic women and pricks who think they are better than everyone else. So what should I do but drink and drown out the rest of the people in the room" the man put his hand under my chin gripping my jaw as he looked into my eyes. "my date does not drink beer and she does not speak to me that way" "well I'm not her. I told you Reilly is not here" removing his hand from my face, I looked at him with anger "you do not respect women do you?" "Women have a place in life and it is not to be above a man" I shrugged "well it wasn't that great meeting you. have a good night" the man grabbed my arm pulling me across the floor to another room and slammed the door as he slammed me against the wall. "You will behave and act like a proper women. I will not be disrespected" removing my shoes, he kept his eyes on me as I spoke "my night is over" walking out, I slammed the door and walked to the bar grabbing my beer. "cheers byron have a good night" he smirked "you too April". Leaving the ball, I grabbed out my phone.
"Calling so soon" "I sure am, are you free?" "Yes. am I picking you up from the same place I dropped you off?" "No I will be walking down the road" "see you soon".
Continuing to walk away from the venue, I heard a voice.
"REILLY" turning around, the arrogant piece of shit walked towards me. "I am not Reilly. I am her shadow. you see while I have to be here she is probably out having fun with her stuck up bitches. This life is not for me and you will not change my mind. I need to go" "then why come?" "Because i was forced to. I spent all day with my stuck up mother getting a dress, these fucking annoying nails, my hair done and a face full of fucking disgusting pig fat products to deal with plastic women and arrogant pricks. If you want a woman to listen to you, find my sister. she is the family princess. This is not me" "you have a lot of balls you know that" "yep" walking away he spoke again. "You have no interest in the high life?" "No I just want to live my life. I don't even know who the hell you are" "Brenton Mancini" I shrugged "that's great. Well Brenton Mancini, I might see you with my precious sister one day. I'm sure she will fulfill your needs" "no I think I have my sights set on you" "I am nothing like those people. have a good night" walking away and up the road, the car I had waited for, pulled up in front of me and I got in. "it's not even eleven o'clock" "pfft I was ready to leave after a sip of my beer" "beer?" "I am not drinking champagne" Owen smirked "we will get along well" "so what do you do in your spare time Owen?" "I don't get much but when I do, I play soccer and drink" I grinned "now that's a good life" Owen chuckled "where am I taking you?" "I guess home to get an earful but there's a good side to that" "whats the good side?" "I can get out of this awful fucking dress, remove this makeup off my face and be comfortable" "you already have your shoes off" "yep".
"how did it go with mister arrogant?" "oh well I found out his name" "and that is?" "Brenton Mancini" Owens eyes went wide "do you know who he is?" "Nope And i really don't care" "in the eyes of the women he is the number one bachelor" "maybe because he is fucking arrogant" Owen smirked "that good huh?" "He grabbed my arm and basically dragged me across the ballroom to a room and slammed me against the wall" "oh I can see that didn't sit well" "nope. I told him I'm sure I will see him with my princess sister one day" Owen laughed "the opposite to you huh?" "Yes and she loves the attention where as I hate it" "well I'm glad I didn't have to drive her then" "no just all the rest" "don't remind me" Owen pulled up out the front and I got out. "thanks Owen I will see you soon" "I hope so" I grinned then closed the door.