48

Brenton.

Entering the work place I noticed Lucas was working this morning. "morning Brenton" "morning I am going to start the ride" "everything all good?" "Yeah".
Exiting the office, I walked to the ride taking my time. I knew I was early but there is no way I was staying in that office with Lucas. I know why April has closed the gates and got Adam to move out. I heard part of her conversation with Oakley before I spoke up. I had heard everything she had said about me too and it brought a smile to my face. She may not be able to tell me directly yet but she shows it.
She has trust issues I get that and with her past I don't blame her. Starting the machine I grabbed out my phone.
- good morning gorgeous. I hope you slept well or are still sleeping
April - I slept very well. Don't work too hard. I'd like to take you somewhere this afternoon if you are feeling up to it
- I won't. Can I ask where?
April - I'd like to introduce you to someone
- I will see you then. Please rest as much as you can
April - planning to.
Putting my phone back in my pocket to my surprise tommy was standing a few feet away.
"Tommy is there something you need?" "A little distant this morning. My guess it has something to do with Lucas being here" "maybe" "she said he could work here" "I already know that, we have spoke about it" "there's a problem?" "No I just do not need to be associating with him" tommy nodded as a small grin showed on his face "I can see you really care about her" "I do and I plan to make sure she is one hundred percent happy" "I never thought I'd see it but I have to say I'm not disappointed. You aren't the guy she originally spoke about" "we have discussed that too. I was an ass but I did it intentionally. I wanted to see her reaction. I have never wanted someone who would bow to me. She definitely didn't disappoint. And damn is she gorgeous" tommy Chuckled "she definitely is but I don't see her like you do. Only a good mate for life. I'm curious though" I looked at tommy curiously "about?" He smirked "if you two are together or not?" "No we are just taking our time, getting to know each other. I know her past isn't the greatest and mine was completely different to hers. I don't want to rush anything" "fair explanation. Is she doing okay though? I have noticed a change in her" "she just needs rest. I believe she has locked the gates" tommy nodded "she does that every so often but when she comes back, she comes back full of beans" I chuckled "typical april huh?" "Yep" I nodded.
"I better get to my ride but I will see you later" "sure".

Getting through the day the only thing on my mind was who April is introducing me to. hasn't she introduced me to everyone?.
When it hit five o'clock I shut off the machine and basically ran out of the park. Skipping the office I left straight out the gates.

"Zeth" "you may enter" I grinned "thanks".
Pulling up out the back, I got out and locked my car then walked around the front. Seeing April come out she had a set of keys in her hand.
"Hey how was your day?" "Relaxing and yours?" "Busy but the time passed quickly" April nodded "are you ready to go?" "Who are we meeting?" April shook her head "you are about to find out" I nodded.
There was something about what she said and the way she said it, it made me uneasy. Getting in her car, she never spoke a word until we arrived at our destination. The cemetery?.
Getting out to my surprise, April grabbed my hand and I couldn't help but smile. She did that herself, two times in two days she has made the first move.
Walking through the cemetery April stopped "if you turn to your left you will see the person I want you to meet" looking to my left at the grave stone there read the name Zane Michaels. She brought me here to meet someone that meant the world to her. Pulling her close, her back against my chest I spoke "he'd be very proud of you, you know" April never said anything just looked at his grave. After a few minutes she spoke. "he would be and I think it's only right that I ask him something while you are here" April took a deep breath while i was just curious as to what she was going to say "Zane I will always have you in my heart and you know that. We had always had a close connection but today I brought someone special with me. Shit I didnt think I ever would. I have never come to see you with anyone else but today I think it's right. I know you can't answer me and sometimes I really wish you could, to guide me and ground me like you used to. Today I came to ask if you think it's right if I let this one in. To have as my partner" I was stunned, shocked even, but so fucking happy. Feeling the wind pick up, it was strange but April never moved "I think he agrees. What do you think Brenton?" turning April around I cupped her face gently "I think it's only right I ask you. Zane obviously agrees" seeing a small grin on April's face I could see it in her eyes it meant a lot to her. In this moment she showed me she hasn't forgot about him but she is wanting to live her life with me. "April will you be my partner?" She nodded with a gentle smile. Leaning in I connected my lips with hers ever so softly parting slightly and entwining my tongue with hers. I swear I will hold this woman for life, making sure she is the happiest woman she can be. Pulling away from her lips, I wrapped my arms around her as she did me. Kissing her head I looked at Zane's grave with a grin on my face "Is there anything you want to say to Zane?" April only nodded then let go and walked closer to his grave kneeling down. She never spoke a word but I'm sure she was thinking it. Seeing her fix the vase she then stood up.
"I am ready to go" I nodded and pulled her close "I still owe you a date" April grinned as she looked at me "you do. I also have something to tell you" "okay..." "Tomorrow I will be in at the office" "what but.." "I will stay clear of him. I have a possible new worker coming in for an interview, you know for that ride at the back of the park" I grinned "If this person is suitable. You will need to train him" "him?" "Yes his name is Ethan" "okay then I will be prepared".
"There is also something else I would like to discuss with you" "anything" "well you are homeless right?" I chuckled "you could say that" "then I would like you to come live with me" "you do not want me buying another house?" "You can if you want but I'm sure the right side of my bed would feel lonely" I grinned "then we best not let that happen. How about we go back home, have some food and get some sleep" "that sounds like a good idea".
Getting in the car April drove straight back to her or should I say our house and parked her car in the garage. Exiting the car and the garage April locked it then walked inside with me right behind her.
"The interview is at eight in the morning so I will be leaving at the same time as you" "same car?" "That can not happen. We both need our cars for tomorrow at different times" "makes sense".
April walked straight into the kitchen making me shake my head "I can cook" "I know I have ate your food before but I have already prepared dinner" "oh" April grinned "slow cooker. How hungry are you?" "For your food, starving" April let a small laugh slip. Hearing a phone ring I knew instantly it was April's. April shook her head and put her phone on the bench.
"Not answering it?" "Nope it's out of hours, if they want to talk, I will be at work tomorrow" "fair enough". April passed me a bowl of lamb shank stew then moved to the table. Doing the same I sat down and started eating. I swear this woman is the best cook. All her food taste flavorsome making me want more. Like I want more of her