51

April.

"Here she is" "hey christian how are you?" "I'm good. What's the reason for the visit?" "I needed somewhere to put my food" "did you bring me some?" I grinned "sure did. here" "you are the best" "I know. How have things been going?" "Always the same in this place. I have spoken to a few real estates though and this place will be on the market soon" "wow that was very soon" "yeah" "where am I supposed to go to drink now?" "You have more alcohol at yours than I have here" I chuckled "close but it's needed when everyone rocks up uninvited" "oh something has happened. Fill me in" "I locked my gates to get a bit of privacy and Matt cracked it" "it's your house and life you can do what you want" "agreed. He had the audacity to tell me I am full of shit and im just pushing everyone away because Brenton is basically making me" "now that's just crap, you are allowed to have a private life and time to yourself. What's Brenton got to do with it?" I shrugged "no idea. I guess it was timing really. Brenton has been around a lot more and I have needed time to think" "that could be the reason" "yeah Brit knows what I am like though. she said I did the same last year as well" "you did. You life is always hectic, I can understand why you need a break" "just time and privacy but I'd never push anyone away. You guys have been my life and support" "I know that" I grinned.
"So you and lover boy" I chuckled "Brenton has been great christian" "I can see you two have a connection. As long as he is treating you right that's all that matters" "he is" "good".
Eating the rest of our meals when the door opened up I looked to see who it was. Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me.
"April" "Kris" "hey man can I get a bourbon please" "sure". Kris sat downright beside me "I want to apologise" "oh yeah what for?" "April" looking at christian he glared at me "argh okay speak" "I want to apologise for everything. Although I wasn't driving, I was still one of the guys on the car and yeah we were all fucked off our heads. We weren't thinking straight. He was a really good person and died way to soon" I was going to say something but christian put a shot in front of me basically telling me to shut up and listen.
"It destroyed me you know. I did try to pull him out. His seatbelt was jammed and then the car went up. The other guys pulled me back and I watched it explode in front of my eyes. I know it destroyed you. I know you loved him and to tell you the truth I have had many nightmares because of that night. The other guys don't know but I had to see a councillor. I never touched a drug after that night. I know there's nothing I can do, I can't turn back time but I wanted to tell you the truth and to apologise" "I'm haven't heard you say it" Kris had a small grin on his face before his face was serious again. "I'm really sorry April" I could see the sincerity in his eyes "thanks and apology accepted". Christian handed me another drink this time a beer "last one if you are driving" "I am. I just thought I'd pop in and bring you lunch" "are you two together?" "No I have a partner" "whoa wait you and Brenton are together and you didn't tell me" "we aren't spreading it around .I have enough people crowding my space" "Mancini?" I nodded at Kris "I won't say anything" "nor will I but I'm heartbroken you didn't just tell me, we were speaking about him before" "sorry. I guess with everything else it's just.." "I understand but I am not going to be a blabber mouth. I respect your privacy" "thanks Christian" "anything".
"So when is the wedding?" I cracked up laughing "you are an idiot" "good to hear you laughing" I grinned. Sculling my drink I put it on the bar "thanks barman" "you are welcome".
"April?" "Yeah?" "Can I get your number?" "Sure" telling Kris my number he grinned "thanks" "that's alright. I will see you guys later" "bye April" "bye".

"April" "hey Adam how has the day been?" "Good just been weeding" I nodded "I really should down size that garden edging. I'm sure it would be a lot easier for you both" "oh we don't mind, it's a good job" "if you say so. Well I am going to head inside" "we are done so we might see you tomorrow if you are around" I nodded "okay bye Adam" "bye".

Grabbing myself a vitamin water the front door opened. I knew by the time who it would be. "April are you okay?" "Yes I am. how was the rest of your day?" "It was alright. Why are you having that?" "Same as everyday Brenton. I am fine" "oh good" I could hear the relief in his voice.
Hearing my phone go off I grabbed it from my pocket. Unknown number

Unknown - thanks for letting me speak with you today. I'm hoping we can do it more. Take care, Kris.

"Who was it?" "Kris I seem him at the pub" "Kris? The guy you slammed against the wall?" "That's the one. We are fine" "okay I have missed something. Can you please fill me in?" "We spoke. He told me he tried to get him out but the seatbelt was jammed. The guys pulled him back just as the car went up in flames. He proceeded to tell me that he had suffered mentally from the accident and hasn't touch another drug since. For him to explain everything even about him self then apologize I knew I needed to accept" Brenton grinned as we walked closer then put his hands on my hips "you have a big heart you know that" "sometimes" "no all the time. I have something I need to ask" "okay.." "are you free tomorrow lunch time?" "Yes I am" "then I'd like to take you on a date" I grinned "I think I can find time for you" brenton pressed his lips on mine ever so gently then pulled away "and I'm making dinner" "but.." "no buts" "fine want a beer?" "Sure but I will.." "nope compromise. you make dinner, I grab the drinks" Brenton smirked "fine".
Hmm I wonder what he has planned tomorrow maybe I should ask.
"What's the plans for tomorrow?" "Want to know what to wear huh?" "Basically" "casual" I nodded "good I don't like dressing up" Brenton grinned "oh I know".

Matt.

I will find out what is going on and I want to know yesterday. Brit doesn't believe she has changed but I honestly think something. Has he threatened her with something or holding something against her. Shaking my head I threw my pen down on the ventures paperwork. Shit I didn't mean to draw on it.
"What is wrong with you?" "April?" "What about her, she seemed fine when I spoke with her" "me too" "nuh she is hiding something, can't any of you see she has changed?" "Nah she still seems like her normal self but she has had a lot going on" "so you don't think it has nothing to do with.." seeing the door open Lucas walked in "hey guys" "hey. everything all locked and safe?" "Yeah beau will be back in a minute. What's the go for tonight?" "Might go to christians for a drink then head home" "sounds good" "well let's go".

"Hey guys" "christian" "just you five?" "Yeah for now" "no surprise, April had come in earlier" "did she seem fine to you?" "Yeah and she bought me lunch" "see still the same old april" "was there any doubt?" "Yep Matt thinks she has changed" christian shrugged "well I haven't seen a difference. There will be a difference though. I am selling this place" "what?" All of us saying what together christian spoke "I am going to work with April at the resort but that's not why I sold it. It just doesn't interest me anymore and I want something new" "great.." Brit hit my arm "we are happy for you Christian. What part of the resort are you thinking about working in?" "April said I have a choice" just another thing she hasn't told us "we spoke about it today. And she offered the job" "of course she did, she wants to see you happy like she does all of us" "cut it out Brit she doesn't give a shit" "dude what is wrong with you?. You have been close with April for years and now you are turning your back on her because she needed down time" "that's not the reason. my guess is he is holding her back" "no one holds April back matt. She has been fine" looking at christian I shook my head "I will have a beer" "sure".