42

April.

It's so good seeing everyone together, having fun and a laugh. I have missed this. Sitting at the far end of the table out side drinking my beer adam slid a chair up right beside me a sat down. "Wonderful view from this end" I smirked "come to talk to me about the view?" "Yeah, sure why not" I shook my head "I was just kicking back relaxing. It's good seeing everyone together again" "Bar one" looking at Adam curiously he spoke "Lucas" "what?" "He should be here" turning my chair to face Adam he smirked "here we go".
"You want me to invite the guy around that could've killed you?" "He fucked up, he knows that. You have always been one to forgive. Look at me for instance" rolling my eyes I grabbed my phone. "You want him here, you call him" "what?" "Call him. You said you wanted him here" Adam grabbed my phone and put it to his ear.
"It's not April..Adam..thought you might want to come to April's..she told me to call you.." "no I.." sitting back I sculled my beer "alright bye".
"Here" "thanks want another beer?" "I don't think that's a good idea" "okay well I am having.." "I meant you having another" "and why is that?" "He is on his way around" "oh that's definitely a reason to drink more".
Getting up I walked inside and grabbed a bottle of bourbon.
"April what are you doing?" "Going to have a couple go shots. Want one?" Brenton looked at me curiously then walked around the bench. "Want to tell me why you suddenly want shots?" "Because I feel like it. Do you want one?" "No thanks" I nodded.
Pouring two shots, Brenton shook his head "I said I don't want one" "that's good because these two are for me" Brenton shook his head "same rules apply for when you are at the pub" I grinned "nope this is my house, my rules" dropping both shots I let the burning feeling sink down my throat. "Beer?" "Sure. Heading back out side?" "I will be yes".
Grabbing a beer for both of us, I heard the front door open. "Right now" Brenton looked at me curiously and I walked off.
Heading out the back, i turned the music up only to be grabbed and basically dragged downstairs. seeing it was tommy I relaxed.
"What the hell is he doing here?" "Adam wanted him here" "what?" I shrugged.
Looking at the back yard, I smirked "so tommy just like old times?" Tommy looked around and smirked "nuh" "come on" I pouted making him laugh "let's do it". Both of us sculling our drinks we put them on the ground getting rid of our phones, shoes and keys. "Pockets empty?" "Yep".
"You two arent doing what I think you are doing" "run" tommy laughed as we both took of running to the pool and jumped in.
"Holy fuck that is cold" "I'd say quite refreshing" tommy laughed "all you need is a champagne and you are good to go" pretending to vomit, tommy laughed.
"Again?" "Let's go".
Running back to our stuff matt shook his head "crazy" "are we?" "Nope. Go" taking off to the pool when we both went to jump in tommy grabbed my waist pulling me down into the water. Coming back up I laughed "did you have to?" "I definitely did. You can't tell me it wasn't fun" "oh it was".
"What the hell are you two doing?" Looking around I smirked "definitely not swimming" beau laughed "you didn't even invite me" "want to join?" "Yes" "have to do a run up first" beau smirked "like old times huh?" I nodded "I'm in".
Jumping out beau laughed "you two look like drowned rats" "try running fully clothes and saturated" "I probably will".
Heading back to our stuff beau threw his stuff down next to ours.
"April what the hell are you doing?, you have been drinking" "So have they. Ready, set.." "no" "go" taking off running all of us jumped into the pool. Coming back up beau shook his head "fuck that is freezing" "April said refreshing" "she doesn't have nuts that shrivel" I laughed "that's your excuse" "oh you are dead" swimming to the other end of the pool I jumped out only for beau to tackle me to the ground "DEAD" I chuckled as we both got up off the ground. "Argh now I'm covered in grass" "time to go get changed huh?" "Well I ain't going back in the pool completely covered" "why your feet have been" "good point" beau picked me up making me shake my head "ready?" "Yep" "good" beau threw me in the water. As soon as I came up he bombed tommy and I "argh should've known".
"Having fun in there?" I grinned at Brenton "if you like ice cold water" he shook his head "nope" "we should really get out and get dry" "yeah I reckon we should. One of you can ask Adam for some clothes" "nah" "nuh fuck that. Do you have any trackies and tees?" "Maybe" "you always do" I chuckled "come on we'll go into the wet room there's towels in there".
Getting out, I looked at Brenton "want a hug?" "No" "party pooper".
Walking in the back of the house Brenton came with, my guess is because he was worried about the guys see me undress. Keeping the towel around me, I dropped my pants throwing them in the machine. "I will be back guys. I will see if I can find you both so clothes" "alright thanks".
Heading to my room Brenton followed "were you worried Brenton?" "A little bit" I grinned "I don't show my body" "I know that. Why were you swimming?" "Felt like it".
Entering my closet, I removed my clothes then dried my body and put my clothes on. Grabbing two pairs of trackies and two large shirts I walked out. "no show I'm disappointed" I chuckled "not this time" Brenton pulled me towards him first kissing my forehead then connected his lips with mine in a gentle peck. "We should take these clothes to the guys" "I'm sure they are freezing" "I can guarantee it".

"Here guys use whichever room you want" "we aren't shy" "oh I know. I will go get some beers and our stuff" "thanks April" "it's fine".
Walking out the back, I grabbed our phones and keys while Brenton grabbed all of our shoes "thank you" "it's fine. I still can't believe you did that" I chuckled "we used to do it all time" "but why tonight while everyone is here?" Rolling my eyes Brenton shook his head "avoiding someone aren't you?" "I didn't invite him here" "so why is he here?" "Adam wanted him here" "why after what he did?" "I don't know".
"Here guys" "thanks both of you" "it's alright" "that's fine" "let's go have a drink" "sounds good to me".
Walking out the back and straight to the bar fridge I could see lucas speaking with Adam. I don't like this at all.
"Here guys" "thanks" "let's get some karaoke going" "girl I'm in" I chuckled at Brit "let's do this".

Dancing and singing with everyone when lucas came up I handed the microphone to troy "your turn troy" he smirked "I can't sing" "pfft nor can I, I'm sure they are all deaf, they won't hear you" he laughed "fine give it here".
Seeing my dad still here I grinned and walked towards him.
"Look at you go dad keeping up with the younger ones" he chuckled "having a good night?" "It's great having everyone here" "she missed us" "I never said that" matt smirked "you did" "okay maybe I did. I was gone for nearly three months can you blame me" "no we can not because we are awesome" "are you awesome dad?" "Yes I am" I chuckled "you are. What did I miss over the three months" "not too much. Seems like Reilly got a job" "what?" Dad nodded "well she hasn't contacted me" "maybe she has contacted another person" "maybe. Hopefully she has got herself a job and is living life like she should" I nodded "it will do her some good" "and you need to slow down" "well I actually need to organise some contractors for the resort. Go through the plans" "have a few days break first" "I agree" seeing Brenton come over he had four beers in his hands "thanks" "that's alright. But your dad is right you should have a few days break" "I will only get bored" dad shook his head "fine but don't over do it. I'm sure you hardly rested while you were away" "oh she didn't rest at all. Even when she came back" I nodded "you are right I didn't but I will slow down. It's not like I can do much while the resort is being built" "good I'm going to tell them to take it as slow as they can" I chuckled