40

Brenton.

I have kept my eyes on April all night, she looks fucking incredible in her tracksuit pants, tight singlet and a loose jacket that is now undone. She always covers her delicious figure but her body is amazing her mind is like no other. I crave her like no other woman I have met. She doesn't depend on me, she doesnt expect me to support her financially, she has goals, she is caring and always puts others before herself. It drives me insane what she does for others but it shows me just how caring she is. Marielle always spoke down about April because she wasn't like them. But she is the most amazing person I have met where as Reilly is the most stuck up princess.
When Adam left to go to bed it was just matt, April and I. "April I want to chat to you" "okay lay it out" "it's about Lucas" April grabbed her beer sculling it "don't do that. Yes he fucked up but so did Adam" "Adam was off his head on fucking drugs. he was a jealous asshole. His intention was to kill him. All adam did was give her a drug to help her party with out thinking" "April it's destroying him" April shook her head "destroying him? Really? He drugged my mate, Zane's best mate for what?" "He is gone" "LEAVE" standing up I pulled her back I could tell just by her stance she was ready to fire "April I know what he did was Wrong but he is sorry" April just shook her head "he was straight what the fuck fueled that matt because.." "you. he fucking wants you" "that's not going to happen. It is no excuse to try kill someone" "he didn't try kill him just.. " "enough to make him overdose, have a fit etcetera" matt shook his head "okay he went over board" "yeah and I can tell you right now if he had of died I would've been serving life. He is not only a good mate and trust worthy person, he was zanes best mate. Yes he is gone I know that all too well. You don't need to fucking tell me.." "you are still hung up on it" "I don't want to speak about this" "oh no we are speaking about it" April sat back and crossed her arms. "Well speak" "he is gone April you need to get over it" April stood up with out saying a word but the look in her eyes said it all. When she walked down the steps I looked at matt "he may be gone matt but she loved him. He was the first person she fell for. Adam was his best mate. Even I understand it. I know Lucas was a good mate of hers but those two have a connection through Zane" "he is gone Brenton" "oh I know but saying that doesn't help. You know she still wears the anklet he got her for her sixteenth birthday. It doesn't bother me, it shows she is a caring woman. he holds a place in her heart and no one can take that. I know Lucas is a good mate and he fucked up but you need to give her time. She leaves tomorrow for a couple of months.. we both know its going to be a couple of months at max. What I want is for her to have a good night before she leaves" matt nodded "it just frustrates me, he has stood by her.." "yeah he has but he is all she has left from Zane. Thats what you need to understand. They were best mates and they both lost someone close to them. Lucas tried to make him overdose. can you imagine how April felt in that moment she could've lost what she felt was closest to her" "how the fuck can you not care?" "She lives her life for him. His life was taken and she wants to live her life double the amount she can. For him matt. Lucas crossed the wrong the person" "I know" "I'm going to find her" matt nodded.

Finding April she was sitting on a rock looking out over her property "April?" "What do want? let me just..." "No" "its my life not yours" walking around in front of her I have never seen April so vulnerable. Tears steaming down her face. Without saying a word I kneeled down in front her lifting her chin but she pulled away from me "don't" "hey" "no just go" "Im not going anywhere. What he said was wrong, I know it kills you inside. Zane is a big part of you" "Brenton I.. I can't do this I'm meant to die alone..." "NO" slamming my lips on April's she responded straight away but then pulled away "no I have to leave tomorrow don't do this. Get off of me" moving away from her Instantly her eyes looked straight at the ground "you cant tell me you don't feel whats going on between us" "go to my sister" April stood up and walked away.
"April" "piss off Brenton" "no" April picked up speed and ran straight past matt inside. "What the fuck?" I shrugged.
I can't believe she said that to me but I know she didn't mean it, she was angry and upset. It's a defense mechanism I already know that but there is no way in hell I am letting her push me away.

"April" "I'm sorry" "I know you didn't mean it" "not the point" and here Is the caring side, wanting to protect. "I stuffed up" "no you didn't, you said what you needed to. Yes Zane may be gone but he is a part of you and even Adam" April nodded "yeah. It just frustrates me when they speak about him like he was nothing. Maybe I will forgive Lucas one day but today isn't it" "you need time" "yeah".
"Look I'm sorry" looking over at matt April nodded "it's fine" I'm guessing he heard what she said "no it's not both brenton and you were right. I shouldn't have said what I did" "as I said matt it's fine" "fine for a woman.." "it's okay" matt smirked "I like that answer better. I'm going to get some sleep I have to get up early" "alright. good night matt" "goodnight. Night man" "night".

April

"So now he has gone what are we doing?" I looked at Brenton curiously as a cheeky smirk sat on his face "is there something you have in mind brenton?" Brenton broke eye contact for second before walking closer trapping me between his body and the bench "many things" Brenton leant in connecting his lips with mine but only for a second before kissing my cheek then my neck. His lips lingering so close to my ear it made my heart rate pick up. "But not now" his voice so deep it sends me into a daze. Brenton kissed me just below the ear then my cheek and again on my lips this time Entwining our tongues. I need to end this before things go further. I am leaving tomorrow. Pulling away from the kiss Brenton had a small gentle smile on his face. "I know" "know?" "What is going on in your mind right now. I understand it too" "it's probably best we get some sleep" "I think we should too. it's my first day tomorrow I can't be late to my new job" I chuckled "idiot. come on" "haven't even started and my boss is being mean to me. I feel like I am being bullied" shaking my head with a grin brenton laughed. Making sure everything was locked, I turned off the lights and walked to my room.
"Suitcase packed and ready to go already" "I did it earlier before you came around" "is there anything you need before you go?" "No I have handled everything" "like always" "not all the time" "liar" "I can't help it" "lying?" I chuckled "no, handling everything" "i know I was only messing around" "I guessed that already". Climbing into bed Brenton did the same. "There has to be a way you can face me" I chuckled. Rolling over facing brenton, he pulled me close "better" looking into his dark brown eyes a soft smile sat on his face "I can not sleep this way" "I'm happy just laying here for now" "okay". Letting brenton hold me his eyes started to close making me internally grin. I have to say he is a great looking guy his dark eyes just pull me in every time even when I first met him I found him to be good looking just arrogant. How can guys have such long eye lashes?. Women would kill for those. Hearing his breathing change I rolled over only for Brenton to pull me back against his chest. Unbelievable. Closing my eyes I took in the feeling of Brentons arm around me.