61

April.

"Oh shit I didn't think anyone was in here" "it's my office" "oh well someone woke up on the Wrong side of the bed" "no, always the left" "speak" "just busy matt. Looking at all this stuff for the resort. I had made a list but I swear the list just keeps getting longer" matt sat down "it was the same when you opened the park. You thought you had everything but then you continued to find something else" "yeah I know. I thought I better start now as it took me ages last time" matt chuckled "you are a perfectionist" "I like to make sure everything is running right and everyone will have everything they need. I was looking in to what helps children on the spectrum and a lot of the feeds mentioned animals. I just don't know if that's a good idea. There are A lot of positives but also negatives" "what positives?" "They can help children with speech and therapy if the child is needing it. Not that I am planning to have that kind of thing there. I'm not a therapist but maybe the kids can have a relationship with them, the animals can make them feel more comfortable" "good point it might work but what are the negatives?" "The amount of work it will involve to keep more of an eye on the children around the animals, the fitness levels of the animals, cleaning, toilet stops oh and not to mention if people have allergies" "so the negatives out weigh the positives" seeing Brenton standing at the door his eyes showed hurt. "In this case yes, the last thing I want is for anyone to have a reaction because of them" Brenton moved to sit down "the resort?" "Yes I was doing some research about animals being there but it will be too much work. The negatives outweigh the positives" Brenton nodded "any other ideas?" "No it was just a thought that crossed my mind".
"Matt have you checked the suggestion and complaint boxes?" "No complaints or suggestions in the last month" "good to know I was actually thinking of putting a bubble fountain in" "here or at the resort?" "Here but now I think about it, it might be really good for the resort" Brenton had a small grin on his face "the children will love it" "well there's another for the list" matt chuckled "that list will only get longer" "I know, I can't help it" "can I have a look at the list?" "Of course" moving the laptop in front of Brenton his eyes went wide.
"So basically we hire the entire city and run the shops out of supplies" matt laughed while I smirked "it's not that long but yeah we need quite a few staff".

Seeing my phone vibrate across the table I looked at the screen. Hmm dad is calling.
"Hi" "hey April how are you?" "I'm good I'm at the park. Yourself?" "Worried I received a very concerning phone call" "one second dad" "sure".
"Excuse me" Brenton and Matt both nodded but I could see the concern in brentons eyes.
Exiting the office I moved to the car park.
"Sorry you were saying?" "Emre phoned me this morning" "this is to do with the ball?" "Yes. He told me the events of the night. How are you feeling?" "I'm handling it" "that didn't answer my question" "I was hurt but dealing with it" "is he still residing at your premises?" "Yes" "okay so that's a good thing. Another thing Emre mentioned about what Evelyn did, it's caused quite a stir in the high side" I tried to hold in my laughter but my body betrayed me "sorry. What she did needed to be done and as she said it hopefully brought her down a notch" "it's shaken the entire high side April. This is not a good thing" "personally I am proud of her, for speaking up. They are all in their own worlds" "that's not the problem I am worried about" "okay well fill me in" "the problem is she didn't only upset Meredith and Frank, Brenton upset the Medlocks by refusing his daughter" "so what am I supposed to do?" "She wants him April" "and.. I'm supposed to let him go?" "They will do anything in their power to have them two together. they are a power couple" "you sound like you are on their side" "look I just think it's best that you think about it April" "WHAT?" "do not yell at me" "how can you expect me to be calm right now, you want me to.. argh if he refused it should be end of story" "you know what those people are like, they seem to get their way" seeing Brenton come out I shook my head "so I just give up is that what you are telling me?" "you need to calm down" "HOW? How the hell do you expect me to do that? This is my life" "April?" Looking at Brenton as much as he made a mistake there is no way I am letting him go. I love him "you know what I don't care they can try their best but I will put up a god damn fight for it and I haven't lost one yet" "April they could destroy you" "how? What have they got on me. It's his decision to do what he wants. if that's what he chooses well so be it but if it's not I will fight tooth and nail until the end" "fine don't say I didn't warn you" dad hung up the phone and I threw the thing against the wall. "April who was that and what was it about?" "It was my father telling me that your mom caused a commotion last night which I am fucking proud of her for and then he proceeded to tell me I should let you go because the Medlocks will not stop until you are with Justine. Now you need to tell me right now..." "I don't fucking want her April and I couldn't give a shit what they think, I will never be with her. The only person I want is you" Brenton picked up my smashed phone off the ground "we need to get you a new phone" how can I get in before them, how can I stop this before it starts? There's only one way I know how and it's the only thing I didn't want to do. "What's going through that mind of yours?" "I need to make a phone call" "to?" "Your mom for starters" "what?" "I need her help" Brenton handed me his phone "I will be back in thirty minutes" I nodded.

"Brenton" "Evelyn its April" "April is everything okay?" "Far from it but I have an idea" "explain the problem and tell me what you think the right solution is?" "The Medlocks. They will not give up on Justine and Brenton" "argh that won't be happening, I can't stand that family" I chuckled "sorry" "I was hoping you would have that reaction. Now you are calm what idea have you got in mind?" "The press" "I like it already" "this is where I need your help" "you want me to contact peter McGregor?" "Yes but I'd also like you present if you are willing to deal with the press" "oh I can handle that bunch of idiots" I chuckled "I will make a phone call requesting an interview and because I am an amazing mother inlaw I might be a little misleading" "how so?" "You are engaged right?" "What?" "Don't tell me you forgot" I grinned not that she could see "must've slipped my mind through All the excitement" "thought it might. Talk soon April" "bye Evelyn".
Taking a deep breath a smile crept up on my face. Time to shove everything up their asses. I refuse to step back.

"April?" "Sorry had a matter to attend to. A very important matter. I need to wait for Brenton to get back so I can organise a few things" "can't do it without him?" "He has gone to buy me a new phone, I may have lost my temper" matt's eyes went wide "who the hell called you?" "I did".
"Dad" "you and I need to talk" "well actually I have a plan and I ain't going down" "do not do anything drastic" "oh I'm not. I'm waiting for Brenton and Evelyn to get back to me" "Evelyn?" "Yep she is helping me" "how is she helping you?" I smirked "I am going to the press" "what?" Looking at matt I grinned "ooo yeah. that's exactly why I am waiting for Evelyn to get back to me she is speaking with Peter McGregor" "you are going to go to the press to say what?" "I'm leaving that in Evelyn's hands. I know she is very similar minded and this is why I asked for her to help me"