35

April.

"Down to business" "isn't it always?" "Not lately. Are you sure you two want to stay?" "Yeah we will stay" I nodded at dad.
Grabbing out my laptop, I put it on my dining table.
"When are you planning to go?" "Probably next week it will give me time to find suitable workers and a decent manager. I will put an add in the paper within the next couple of days" matt nodded.
"The new ride will be up and running as I mentioned, so I'm sure a lot more people will come to the park for something new" "you are right they will. has Brit put the add in the paper?" "No I told her to hold off because of Carlton not being able to finish it but now he has come back, I will notify her. See how this new ride goes and if we have to add another lot of bathrooms let me know and I will organise it. So far they are enough but the park is getting a lot bigger" "the car parks?" "They will hold enough. Even on our busiest day the car park is still not full" "alright".
"Tommy is still writing the books. I don't want that to change he knows the rosters well and Beau will be taking Lucas's position" "it means we will be one less in the office" "actually you won't be" matt looked at me curiously as I looked at dad "you still happy with working the window?" "Until you find a new recruit for the park" matt grinned "now I have to show the old man the ropes" I laughed "hey I'm not old".
"I will organise to find someone when I get back. I don't have the time before I go. When that happens, beau can move back to the office if he wants to" "fair enough".

"Now I want your opinion on this" showing matt the screen of the laptop, he pulled it closer. "That's the resort?" "Yes I don't think I have missed anything but that's why I am showing you" "this is amazing" "thanks".
"Can I have a look?" "Of course" when Matt was finished he pushed it towards Brenton and dad.
"Will you be staying for the barbeque?" "When Stan comes?" "Yeah" "I won't say no to a feed" I grinned "alright just need to make sure I have enough for everyone" "you always make way too much" "better than not enough" "that's true. When is Adam moving out?" "Whenever he is ready. Need to go furniture shopping and obviously food shopping to set him up at the start. He will still be working here until Brett comes back then he will be working at the resort or at the park until the resort is complete" "keeping him busy?" "No just making sure he has income and is happy".
"When are you booking your tickets?" "I will do that soon. I am waiting on a phone call from the workers at the moment" "fair enough".
"This looks amazing April" "thank you. I can only hope it runs like that" "I'm sure it will" "I want to work there" I looked at dad "you want to work at the resort?" "Yes" "oh he wants to massage the young women" I cracked up laughing while dad shook his head with a smirk on his face "trust you to say something like that matt" "its in my DNA" "I'm sure it is".
"Anything else you want to discuss" "yes. I don't know how much time I will have on my hands while I am away so don't be calling me unless it's an emergency" "wow she leaves and forgets all about me" "nah I could never, your ugly head is stuck in my mind" "rude" "in all seriousness, I will probably be in a lot of meetings etcetera due to hiring people and making sure everything runs as it should" "understandable" "alright I'm done talking business. You guys can continue to chat. I need to go make some food for later" "what are you making?" "Potato salad, pasta salad, rice and just a garden salad oh and dressing" matt shook his head "can't help yourself can you?" "Oh I forgot and tzatziki" "do you always make everything from scratch?" "Yes home made is heaps better" "I will give you a hand" "If you would like to. Matt and dad there are drinks in the bar fridge if you want one" "thanks April".

Making the food Brenton spoke "do you really need to go for that long?" "Yeah I do it's for business. I need to hire staff etcetera. It's not a quick process. Tell me, why did you leave Sunday?" Brenton shook his head "because I was an idiot" "yep" Brenton chuckled "sorry" "it's fine" "I don't want you to go for that long" "you will be flat out, you won't even know" "yes I will. I crave to see you everyday" "there's a wall of staff images at work" "not funny" "it is you are just holding in your laughter" Brenton chuckled "stop it" I smirked "look you will have matt, you will be fine" "matt?" "Yeah he is like the male version of me" "oh I know but I don't like males" "tuck and tape" "what?.. oh.. April that's so wrong" I laughed "I can always buy him some cups too to fill his top area" "nope I don't even want to picture that image" "but you did" "nope".
"So what have you got planned while I am away?" "To work by the sound of it. If I wasn't, I'd come with you" "attached and I haven't even kissed you yet" Brenton smirked "oh we can change that" "the attached part?" "No. You know exactly which part" "you can always ask Brit" "ask Brit what?" "What it's like?" Brenton shook his head "nope I'd rather find out" I chuckled. "You seriously have kissed Brit?" "Yes" "why?" I shrugged "she stuck her tongue down my throat and I thought why the hell not" "oh she wants to do more than that" Brenton and I both looked at matt as he walked to the bar fridge "what?" Matt had a cheeky grin on his face "that's what she said" I looked at matt wide eyed making him laugh "when was this?" "Sunday night" shaking my head, Brenton chuckled "you have your choice" "must've been that kiss" Brenton smirked "I'm looking forward to finding out" "wait you two haven't locked lips?" "Nosey one aren't ya" matt smirked "I'm out" "off ya go".

"Bloody matt" Brenton chuckled "you are the same" "that is true".
Hearing a knock at the door, I wiped my hands then answered the door.
"April" "hey Stan long time" "has been. give the old man a hug" I chuckled.
Giving him a hug, I stepped back and gestured for him to come inside.
"Dad. Stan is here" "how have things been Stan?" "same old. Why are you buying my land?" "To put a resort on it" "don't we have enough of those" "not for parents and kids on a spectrum" "now that's a great idea" "thank Stan. I'm just going to finishing making the salads. Dad is at the dining table with Matt go towards the back door and turn right" "thanks April".

"That was Stan?" "Yes. I need to finish getting all this done so then I can start the barbeque. Shit I didnt make the marinade" "what marinade?" "For the lamb" "you don't need to marinade them" "yeah until you try them. No one has told me they don't like them" "alright how do we make it?" "Its made with love" Brenton smirked "oh self love?" I laughed "maybe" sending a wink brentons way he grinned "I want to watch" "only watch geez you are boring" Brenton looked at me wide eyed making me let out a laugh. "Too easy. Its made with lemon, olive oil, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, sea salt and pepper" "where did you get the recipe from?" "Christians mom. they are Greek" "hmm alright I will try it".
Making up the marinade, when I was done, I put it straight in the fridge. "Anything else need to be done?" Looking at the bench and in the fridge, i knew there was something missing but I just couldn't remember what. "April?" "Sorry just thinking" shit the dressing for the garden salad.
"No it's okay you can go join the guys if you want" "what are you up to?" "It's all done" "alright" "thanks Brenton I appreciate it" "it's okay".
As soon as Brenton left I grabbed out all the ingredients for the salad dressing putting it together.
"April you said you were done" "back already?" "I came to get drinks" I nodded.
"Wait you completely ignored what I said" I grinned "maybe" "I would've stayed to help if I knew you had more to do" "go relax Brenton" "you need to relax" "I will" messing around, I smirked "I'm just being the woman my mother wanted me to be" "that's it, get out of the kitchen" "come on, I thought you fancied my sister" sending a wink Brentons way he did the last thing I expected, he pulled me close slamming his lips on mine. Mmm fuck the way he controlled me, it made the kiss so much hotter and something I wanted more of.