36

Brenton.

I couldn't hold back anymore I just wanted her. Mmm feeling her lips on mine as our tongues entwined, she surely knows how to kiss and I just want more. Lots more.
It honestly killing me that she won't be around for nearly a month. I'm tempted to say Im not working at the park,that I am going with her. She is going to be hours away in Los Angeles all on her own. How am I supposed to know if she is safe or not.
I don't even know what day she is leaving, deep down I don't think I want to know because I won't want to let her go.
I think she has me hook, line and sinker, I fell for her as soon as I seen her. I can't get her out of my head. for those days I wasn't with her, she is all I thought about. This is not like me, women chase me and yet I'm the one chasing her.
"Brenton are you good man?" "Yeah.." "she got to you didn't she" I grinned shaking my head as I took a deep breath. "Yeah.." matt laughed "id say she had me hook line and sinker from the first time I met her" "well it seems you have a lot of competition" I internally grinned "Lucas and Brit?" "Yep" "well Lucas is out. Brit ehh I don't think she would go there completely" matt grinned "and if I have interest in her?" Shit. matt smirked "I don't but I was just saying" "what ever makes her happy matt but I really want her" "made a step?" "I kissed her" "as good as Brit says she is?" I grinned "definitely" "had that date yet?" "Not yet and it looks like I have to wait until she gets back" "go with her" "I can't. I said I'd work the ride and who the hell knows if she wants me to go with her. she is like a feather floating through the air, letting the wind take her whenever" matt nodded "she is. It's actually the best way to describe her" "what if she doesn't come back?" matt shook his head "she will come back, she always does" "what is the longest time she has been away?" "Two months" I nodded.

"Are you two coming to join us?" "Yeah we will be out in a minute would you like me to cook the barbeque?" "No it's okay you relax" "you should be relaxing" "I'm fine and technically you are my guest" "no point arguing. she won't agree with you cooking" I internally grinned as I held eye contact with April. "alright I will rest" April nodded.

April

I don't know if I can do this. He just pulls me in like a magnet. His dark eyes, the way he cares. I haven't attached myself to anyone for many reasons and I don't know if I can do it now.
I have to go away and I am leaving in five days. I'm not telling anyone im just going, I need this time to myself.
"April?" "Hey Stan" "you seem a bit quiet" "sorry just been flat out and so much is running through my mind" "something a business man or woman deals with on the daily" "yeah you could say that".
"So which one is your partner?" "I'm not partnered Stan. I have been rolling solo since I was sixteen" "haven't found the one for you?" "I don't know" "so you are thinking about one of those two. My guess is one is your best mate.." "April" "hey Adam. Adam this is Stan, Stan this is Adam a good mate of mine" "good to meet you young man" "and you too. April would you like a hand?" "No I am in my zone but I would like to speak to you soon" "I will let you two chat" "you don't have to, he lives here. I can speak with him anytime" "and I am not leaving for quite sometime, I will chat with you soon" I nodded.
"Adam would you like to stay here for the next five weeks to nine weeks?" "What? I thought.." "look I have to go to Los Angeles. I'm not going to be back for a month to two months. If you want to move now, we can go furniture shopping.." "no it's fine I will stay here while you are gone. When are you leaving?" Looking around making sure no one was listening I spoke "five days" "by the looks of that I'd say they don't know?" I shook my head no "why?" I shrugged "still the same old april. I remember when we first met. You were always this distant chick that only opened up when you wanted to. seems like nothing has changed. You are pulling yourself away" "hmm I don't know Adam. Yes I have always been distant, I guess with my past its not easy" "I noticed you still wear the anklet Zane got you" "yes and I will never take it off" "he thought so much of you. I had never seen him attach himself to someone like he did you" "Zane was.. he was like my rock, he supported me when I felt like nothing, like I didn't belong here anymore" "I know he asked for advice, he told me you were on the edge" "yeah.. I was  I guess I met him at the right time. He gave me that will to go on and after he passed it gave me the determination to keep moving forward" "this is why you push yourself to the limit isn't it?" "No I do it because I got myself into that robotic mode and it's a hard to break that".
"Be honest with me April, are you going to pull yourself away?" "I honestly don't know Adam" "you are worried" I nodded "yeah..." "Not everything ends in heartbreak you know" "yeah but .." "it's always that fear right?" I nodded "hey you will get there. I know it's hard to trust people.." "Adam I just.. I don't know to be honest" "you haven't had that se.." "here April, I found some trays for the meat" "thanks Brenton. It's a minute off being ready" "perfect timing then" "it was" "mmm that marinade smells amazing" I grinned "wait until you try it" "looking forward to it. What were you two chatting about?" "Me being a distant bitch" "you are not a bitch" I gave Adam a small smile "let's get this served up and eat" "I will go grab all the salads and plates" "thank you".

"He cares a lot about you April" "I know" "you don't care?" "Of course I care Adam I just don't know how to show..." "Your feelings" I nodded "do what you feel is right" "I can't do that. Not now" "why?" "Five days" Adam nodded "I understand, you don't want to take that step if you are going to leave" "Adam I.. I have never taken that step" "you are bullshitting me" "no I'm not" "but I thought.." "we didnt get that far we had a connection on another level" "I know".
Removing the food from the barbeque, I turned the gas off then grabbed the tray and walked inside.
Seeing Brenton had grabbed all the salads, plates and cutlery I internally grinned.
"Dinner is served everyone. Dig in".
Sitting down the conversation flowed around the table like everyone had known each other for years. My dad has a good mate of his here, I have my dad here, my best mate, a really good mate and well I don't even know what to call Brenton. A friend? Soon to be lover? Someone in the past? I don't know. I'm quite confused at this point. "April?" "What is it Adam?" "Not hungry?" "Yeah I am. Just thinking" "well eat before I take all your food" I chuckled "understood".
"I have to say this is the best lamb I have tasted" "thanks Stan" "he is right the flavors just pop and the mix of sweet and sour are great. You sure you do this by taste?" "Not this marinade. Christians mother taught me" "is she a chef?" "No she is Greek the flavors in their food are always spot on" "let me marry her" I laughed "sorry Stan she is already married" "what a shame. You aren't though" hearing laughter around the table I grinned "not a chance Stan" "awe ruin an old man's heart" "sorry maybe in the next life" "promising. Have you already made up the plans for the resort you speak of?" "Yes I have drawn them up. I plan to start the construction as soon as possible" "when you get a chance I would like to have a look" "of course".
Eating our meals when everyone was done I stood up and started picking up all the dishes" "I can do it April, you cooked for all of us" "I don't mind"