66

April.

Laying on my back looking at the ceiling, I had no energy to move. why the hell did I wake up so early. I feel lethargic now. I should've just stayed up. Slowly sitting up my head started to spin. Eww this feeling is awful. Standing up slowly I walked to the kitchen grabbing a vitamin water out of the fridge. "Good morning gorgeous" "good morning if it is still morning" "it is, it's Eleven twenty" "Jesus" "you woke up very early this morning" I nodded. Okay not a good idea to nod that did not help this feeling at all. "April what's wrong?" "Just woke up" "hmm there is something else your face is a lot paler than your usual skin color" "maybe my vitamins. I will finish this then make a dairy breakfast" "I can do it, go sit down" "it's fine.." "no it's not, come on" moving to the stool, all I could think about was why the hell I am feeling this way. Oh... No no no this can't be happening. I can't be... "Shit" "April?" "Sorry just spilt a little but it's fine" "there's something going on with you I'd like you to be honest with me. How are you feeling?" "Dizzy" "normal side effect for the vitamin b?" "Yes" it's not but that's what I'm sticking too for now. I can't be making assumptions I need to get Lucinda here.
"I might call Lucinda so she can do a check up" "good idea".
"Here get this into you" "thanks Brenton. What have you got planned for today?" "No plans at this stage" hearing the front door open I shook my head which was the worst thing I could've done. My head is spinning.
"April and brenton" "hey dallas" "hi dad" "I had to come here and congratulate you, I am so happy for you both" "thanks dad" dad gave me a hug then shook brentons hand. "So is your mother Brenton. Your dad invited me for drinks last night and Evelyn was full of excitement" Brenton chuckled "sounds like her".
"Excuse me a moment I need to make a phone call" "eat first" "I will when I have finished the call" Brenton nodded.

"April how are you?" "Could be better. I need a check up done as soon as possible and ahh.." looking around making sure the door hadn't opened I spoke "can you please bring a test with you but keep it under wraps" "you have the suspicion you are pregnant?" "Yes" "okay I can do that and I will make sure not to mention anything if anyone is around" "I appreciate it" "bye April" "bye".

"Is she coming over?" "Yes she didn't say when but.." "you didn't ask?" "No I have what I need here to keep me going".
"April is there something wrong?" "Vitamin b" "how do you know that?" "April has vitamin b deficiency" "what since when?" "Since I was a kid. I found out when I was sixteen" "and you never told us?" "I have handled it dad" "it's something I would've liked to know" "I thought maybe you would've known from when I was younger" "no Marielle didn't mention it either" "figures".
Letting dad and Brenton talk I finished my yoghurt with fruit and then stood up.
"Need anything else?" "No I'm fine for now thankyou". Hearing a knock at the door I walked to it and opened it.
"Lucinda please come in" "no offense but you look like shit" "none taken. Let's go to my room" "of course".
"We'll be back" Brenton and dad both nodded but I could see the concern in both of their eyes.

"April can you tell me how you are feeling?" "Ahh I woke up feeling dizzy and lethargic. I have had some vitamin water and some dairy to build up my vitamins but while I was doing that a thought crossed my mind" "hmm well I brought two. A home test and one I'd use at the clinic. Personally the clinic ones are more accurate. But what about your vitamins?" "I have been doing all I can to keep my vitamin b up besides.." "the tablets. Just take them April. I know you prefer to do it the natural way but if you are.. positive and choose to keep it, the baby will run your vitamins low and that's a worry" I nodded "okay".
"Go do this for me and we'll wait for the results" "alright".

It's not the first time I have had to pee in a cup but it still feels weird.

"Here" "thanks take a seat it will take about a minute. While we are waiting I need to say congratulations" I grinned "thank you it was definitely a shock" "and what a way to do it, he showed the world he loves you" "I know and it means a lot" "I always knew you'd find a good one" "I didn't but I'm happy I have".
"alright are you ready?" "No" Lucinda chuckled "expected".
Lucinda kept her face unreadable until she looked at me "I better be the doctor when you are in labor" my eyes went wide "what?" "It's positive April" I think I looked at her wide eyes with my mouth opening and closing for hours although I know it was only a few seconds "speechless?" "Yeah.." "I can't tell whether you are happy or not" "shocked" Lucinda grinned "you will be an amazing mother. You will need to come to the hospital at some point so we can get an exact date, blood tests etcetera" I nodded "thanks Lucinda I will let you know when" "April you need to take those tablets okay?" "Yeah I will".
Lucinda packed everything up making sure to take the evidence with her. "Rest, lots of water and no drinking" I smirked "there's the doctor in you" she chuckled "can't help it. Is there anything else?" "No that's it" standing up I thanked Lucinda then we both walked back down stairs. "To the kitchen you go" "yes doctor" she grinned "bye everyone" "bye" "bye Lucinda".

Brenton

Watching April she went straight to the medicine cabinet grabbing a container of tablets and put them on the bench.
"Your vitamins?" "Yeah I need to take these bloody things" "you should've been taking them anyway" "dad I just prefer the natural way but it seems I have no choice" "I can understand that but your health is what is important" April only nodded then took her tablet.
I don't like to see her unwell. I may be an ass to most people but when it comes to her, all I want is for her to be healthy and happy. I worry everyday especially after she told me about her vitamin b issue.
"Is there anything you need?" "No I am fine thanks. Just going to stick with a dairy diet for the day and drink my vitamin water" "good hopefully you will feel better very soon" "thanks. Im going to get some fresh air. Maybe check to see if Oakley has added to the hut" "what hut?" April had a grin on her face "while he is watching the place he has been making a little hut down by the dam. I love it" "Id love to see it" "well that's my cue to get out of here. I will see you both later" "okay dad".

Sitting by the dam with April she spoke. "I wasn't honest" "when?" "Last night" I nodded "I know and I know why you didn't say anything. What's troubling you?" "When you put your hands on me all I could think about is her hands" shit "I am really am sorry but I also understand. It will take time" April nodded "yeah it will. I spoke with my therapist this morning.." "therapist since when do you see a therapist and who is it" April chuckled "okay maybe he isn't my therapist. It's the same person who built that" looking to where April pointed I grinned "Oakley" "yeah he is good to talk to. I didn't want to ruin last night but I did anyway" "no you didn't. it just wasn't the right time. I don't blame you I'd hate to see another man's hands on you also" "well that won't happen they'd end up injured on my part" I smirked "oh I know. I surely have a fire cracker of a fiance" April nodded "yeah I guess I am" pulling her close she put her arm on my leg looking out over the water. "is there anything else bothering you, that you would like to tell me about?" "No I am just happy relaxing right now. If you have something you need to say or do. Please do" "no I am happy just sitting here with you having you in my arms. Who knew this place could be so peaceful" "it's my favorite place on the Estate" "did Oakley ask you what you wanted here?" "No but I told him he can make as many as he wants" "as long as you like them that's all that matters".