7

Hanging up the phone to Amelia, I grinned. She sounds like the right lawyer for me. she knows what's involved and she is willing to try get everything from Marielle.

"Daddy" "Reilly and brenton" "I have just come to..." "Dallas where have you been? You just left the house with out mentioning anything and come back six hours later with no explanation" removing my ring from my finger, I looked at Marielle. "Where I have been is with April, you know the daughter you hate so much" "April?" "Yes. Now Marielle, today is the day I choose to make myself happy just like she did. This is yours" slamming the ring on the table, Marielle gasped "you are divorcing me?" "Yes. Bye" grabbing my bags, I exited the house only for Brenton to follow. "Where is April?" "At her house. Have fun with Reilly. I'm sure she will fulfill all your needs" "you knew I wanted April" "yeah I did but I didn't know where she was until today when she phoned me and then sent a driver to pick me up" throwing my bags in the boot of my car, Brenton just stood near "how is she?" "The same as she has always been, happy, full of life, successful, caring, wild. Not like those people in that house. I may love Reilly but she is nothing like April. April has always been the one I knew would succeed, doing what she loves. She may not be a showcase wife but she surely is incredible. she is strong minded and intelligent and she makes me proud" Brenton nodded "I knew I could never change her" "no one will change who she is" "is she married?" "My favorite daughter isn't interested in having a relationship. She is interested in helping people and having fun but she is also very business minded" "who does she work for?" I grinned "she doesn't work for anyone Brenton. Heard of ventures?" "Yes" "she is the founder of that business. I really need to go now. I told April I would meet her at the house she is giving me to live in until the divorce settles" Brenton nodded but I could see the determination in his eyes. I know he has always wanted April. he likes the wild side of her. The outspoken side of her but he is now just dating Reilly.
Getting in my car, I reversed out of the driveway and headed to ridgeway road.

Brenton.

April is still in the city. I looked for her for two years and couldn't find her. Now I find out she is the founder of ventures. That business is very successful and growing at a rapid rate. Within three years, seven venture sites have opened up across the country. "Brenton, Is there something you need?" "No" "I am hurting for my mother. she is feeling quite upset" I dont blame Dallas, I don't even like this life style. I personally have thought about falling back many times and he did it within a day. "He needs to do what is right for him reilly. what makes him happy. He was not happy here" "he didn't show he wasn't happy" "he hasn't been happy since April left" "April is not a proper woman. a woman should be sweet, look after her partner, cook, clean.." "see that's your problem. you have grown up not having your own thoughts and mind. Your sister on the other hand is living her life and is happy" "I am living my life and I am happy" "you are not living your life. you are trying to work your way into mine" "no I want to make you happy" "you are failing. You are not the type of woman I want. I agreed to a date to get your mother off my back" Reilly gasped "don't gasp like that. you are not four years old. It's the truth. Goodbye Reilly" "you are leaving me?" "I was never with you. But I will be leaving the property" "no please, I will do anything you want" "to stay away from me is what I want".
I need to find April. I need to get out of this life, to get out of the lime light like she did. But my first step is to find her and speak with her.

April

"Is this suitable dad?" "This is more than suitable" "I'm glad to hear that. How did you go?" "Fine. I didn't give her a chance to protest. I had already spoke to Amelia which I need to thank you for, she sounds like a fantastic lawyer" "she is. Well I will leave you to get settled in. There's food in the fridge and in the cupboards for you" "you didn't need to do that" "I don't mind, you need food and drinks in the house and I knew you wouldn't shop before coming here. I have to go, I need to go ventures to see how things are going" "do you not work there?" "Yes but today is my day off. I still like to go make sure everything is fine and check the suggestion and complaints boxes to make sure no improvements need to be made" dad grinned "do you take the public's ideas onboard?" "Of course. Sometimes it can't always work their way but I do what I can to make everyone happy" "okay, well I will let you do what you need to do" "maybe you can check it out one day" "I definitely will. Bye April" "bye dad".

"April what are you doing here, it's your day off" "even when she has a day off she comes in. she can't help herself" "I am just making sure everything is all good. How was today?" "No injuries, no upset customers well that we know of" "troy do I need to buy more motorboats?" "No I fixed it" "they are only three years old april" "I know, I bought them. but I want to make sure they are all safe and no one gets stuck" "it's all fine" I nodded "okay Im going to have a look around" "I will join you" I nodded at troy.

"How did things go with your dad?" "Good as expected. He also moved out of that crap house and is staying in ridgeway road" "he left your mom?" "Yep and I gave him Amelia's number too" "she will definitely help" "yeah I know. I'm happy he is doing what is right for him. I can't believe he stayed that long".
"April" "hi Jessica how has it been today?" "Fantastic and so much fun. I love it" I grinned "how many times have you been down the slides?" "I lost count" I laughed "as long as you are enjoying it, if you have any problems let me know" "thank you but everything is running great" "I'm glad to hear that. Is everything packed up?" "I am just taking the last bit to the sheds" "okay I will see you tomorrow" "looking forward to it".
"You know I never thought we could be here basically everyday and still enjoy it as much as the first day" "that's because it's a fun company and we have energetic staff" "that's true but it helps when the owner is a fun chick to be around" "compliments? Are you feeling alright" "you will be saturated if you keep that up" I grinned "not today but I'm thinking about closing it early at the end of the month for one day" "why?" "To get all the staff together and have fun ourselves" "I'm in" "I didn't think you would oppose. Let's get back to the office I need to check the boxes".
Hearing my phone ring, I looked to see Brit calling. "Brit" "ahh April we need you in the office" "is there something wrong?" "Maybe" "okay I will be there in five minutes" "okay thanks".
"What's wrong?" "I don't know but let's go".
Both of us jogging to the office, when I walked in, I internally groaned.
"I see this is why you called" Brit nodded "he was adamant he didn't want to speak to anyone besides the owner" "okay thanks Brit".

Walking out the front of the office, I faced Brenton. "Mister mancini it's been a long time" "please cut the formalities" "that's a change" "I see you are still the same" "yes I am. now what can I do for you?" "I want to speak with you" "in regards to?" "You" "this is a company" "it's the only place I knew I could have some kind of chance of speaking with you" "why are you here Brenton?. I'm sure my sister will be very displeased knowing you are speaking with me" "she is not my concern" "she is your partner" "What?" "I'm guessing the tabloids didn't have their facts straight like always" "correct. I took Reilly for lunch to get your mother off my back. You know I have tried to find you for years without success" "I havent been hiding".