10

Brenton.

I haven't seen April since Saturday and it's now Thursday. I have craved being near her but I don't have her number, I never asked and I should've. I know she will be working like I am.
"Mister Mancini, a Misses Gomez is here to see you" I shook my head "okay send her in" Albert nodded.
"Mister Mancini" "Marielle, what can I do for you?, I am working" "it's about my daughter" "you have two daughters" "that other one isn't worth mentioning" "so why do you want to speak to me about April" I knew she was speaking about Reilly but to me, Reilly isn't worth mentioning. "I was speaking about Reilly Mister Mancini" "well I have no interest in the conversation" "I thought the date went well?" "No Marielle I have no interest in Reilly. April on the other hand, I want her. she is the perfect woman.." "you would rather a woman who can not cook, who does not dress like a woman and does not satisfy your needs" "I'm sure April is an outstanding cook. She covers her body appropriately not showing off her body to get a man's attention and as for satisfying my needs, I don't expect her to. You see, I may have money and yes would like a woman to take care of me but it goes both ways. I would need to have an attraction to the woman. she would need to interest me. she needs to have life goals. she needs to have a mind of her own. I need a woman who I can spoil like she deserves. to cook for, to help do things around a home or work place if need be.." "Reilly can.." "I DO NOT WANT REILLY. i do not find her attractive like April. April is a picture of perfection from her dark green eyes to her long toned legs. I do not want plain and boring, I want exciting and fun. Now unless you are here for something else, I would like you to leave" "Mister Mancini, I'm sure I can change your mind. April is not.." "I have no idea why you think so badly about April. she is an amazing woman just like Dallas said she is. Unlike Reilly, she thinks for herself. she does what makes her happy. The only reason you want me with Reilly is to support her financially. April doesnt have an interest in money she never has" "she is fooling you" I smirked "Reilly is what thirty? Still lives at home has no job, no goals and April, well she owns three houses, has God knows how many cars and not to mention she has more money than me but does she act like it? No. She doesn't need me but let me tell you something I need her. I want her more than I have wanted anything in my life. You will never change my mind" "she is fooling you Mister Mancini" "no you are trying to fool me. You are fooling yourself. Now I am going to say it how it is. You have no hope of me dating Reilly. I will not be supporting her and I surely will not be supporting you when Dallas throws you out on your ass with nothing but the clothes on your back" Marielles face changed to anger "I will not go down with out a fight" "well you aren't winning me over. You failed and the way you treated April, you have no chance of getting on my good side. Leave before I call security" Marielle stomped her foot then walked out.
I need to go see April. I have been thinking about everything since Saturday and it's time I make some changes in my own life.
Tidying up my desk my phone rang.

"Brenton how dare you speak to Marielle that way" "it's my life and I refuse to deal with such a wretched woman. I am not dating Reilly, I am not supporting her financially" "Brenton she is a good woman that will care for you" "I have my sights set on someone else" "okay Brenton, as long as you are happy" "not yet but I am hoping, I will be" "you will tell me?" "Of course mom" "okay I'm sorry for yelling" "I know bye mom" "bye".
Argh these people trying to get their way by going through my mother. Unbelievable. Lucky enough, I know mom will always be on my side.

"You are looking for April aren't you?" "Yes is she here?" "At the wheelchair section" I nodded "can I?" "Sure" Brit opened the gates and I walked through.
Finding the wheel chair section, I grinned seeing April bending down in front of a young disabled child. I have never once thought about others and somehow she has changed that. Walking closer, when she looked my way, she put her index finger up basically telling me she will be a minute. Watching her, she wiped the tears from the little boys face as he started laughing.
When April stood up, the mother had an appreciative grin on her face then moved away.
"Brenton I didnt expect to see you here. You look quite out of place" "I just left my work place after I had an interesting visit from your mother" April rolled her eyes making me grin "the courts will take her down a few notches in a few days" "few days?" "Yep Amelia had made arrangements to bring the case forward" "you had something to do with this?" "I never asked her to do it but Amelia And I are very close. So why are you here?" "Well first I just wanted to see you and second I would like to speak with you" "in regards to?" "A few things" April nodded "well we will need to talk while I am working. I have to go make sure everything is running smoothly" I nodded.
"Okay well start talking" I grinned as we started walking around the park.
"As I mentioned I am wanting to get out of the lime light which means I plan to sell my business" "I would suggest getting someone you trust to run it" "I don't trust anyone" "you have your answer then. Sell it. But what are you going to do after you sell it?" "I can live with what I have" "you have no interests?" "Well actually this is why I wanted to speak with you. I want something that can be fun filled, no suits, no meetings, no dealing with the paparazzi just completely different to what I have now" "so you know what you want, why don't you do it?" "I want a job" April stopped to look at me "you want a job? Here?" "Yes" "tell me why you want a job here. If it's to get closer to me.." "yes and no. I want you. I have been quite forward with that but I want to work here to help people, to see them enjoying themselves. You know I have thought about this since Saturday and I think the change will be good for me" "do you have experience dealing with children and every day people" "no" "hmm but you think you can do it?" "Yes as you seen Saturday I am not always this businessman that people see me as" April looked to be thinking before a cheeky grin showed on her face and she grabbed her phone.
"Lucas can you bring me a brand new pair of board shorts size.." she looked at me up and down "large" I grinned "thanks I appreciate it. I'm near the slides".
"What is going through that mind of yours?" "You are going to cover bridie for an hour while she has a break" "what?" "Show me what you can do" "and what am I supposed to be doing?" "Follow me" I'd follow her anywhere.
"Bridie" "hi April" "having fun?" "Heaps" I internally grinned seeing bridie absolutely covered in water. "Yay it's my turn" "ready to go down again?" "Yes" watching the little girl get in the inflatable raft, bridie stood in the water and pulled the raft back "ready, set.." she pushed the raft down the slide. hearing screams of excitement I couldnt help but grin "that's how hard it is" "this is why I need board shorts?" "yep" I shook my head "alright I will do it" bridie looked at me up and down with a smirk "you are getting a business man to do this?" "Testing out what he has got".
"Here April" "thanks Lucas" when Lucas seen me, he chuckled "I'm out, bye".
"Well here you go Brenton. Bridie you can go on break" "have fun" oh I'm sure i will.
"You have about two minutes to get changed" "up here?" "yep" April turned around "I'm not shy" "I'm good facing away" "maybe it's you that's shy" "not likely" getting changed, I put my clothes on the railing.