13

April.

"April maltri" "Carl right?" "Yes ma'am" "april" shaking Carl's hand he nodded "nice to finally meet you" "and you too. Have the plans been received?" "Yes they have and on the way" "that's what I like to hear. Let's go have a look shall we" "straight down to business" "I like to know if everything is how I want it. I haven't opened a park unless I am more than one hundred percent happy" Carl nodded "I can see why you are succeeding and growing at a fast pace. You are not what I expected though" "more detail?" "I expected some woman with her nose up in the air in a high end business suit" I smirked "there's no need for that. The way I see it..." "Carl what are you doing? you can not being this woman in here, the owner will be here soon" I internally grinned "you are?" "Kalem" "hmm well kalem I'm April maltri and this is my property" "surely not" "are you a contractor?" "Yes" "then I suggest you go get your work done before I get a truck to float your machine out and you won't have a job" "yes ma'am" "April".
"Dickhead" Carl laughed "and doesn't speak like an office woman" "I don't like shit and I surely don't take it" looking around, I shook my head "this will take months" "yes we are a bit behind due to a few workers but I fired them. They wouldnt rock up and when they did their work ethic was not enough" I nodded "alright I appreciate the honesty give me a minute" "sure".

"April?" "Carlton hows the family?" "Wonderful but tired" I chuckled "I can imagine. Quick question, do you know any decent contractors in Los Angeles?" "Hmm give me a sec" "sure".
"Yep I will send you through Ralphs number" "company?" "Metros" "thanks Carlton and say hi to tahlia for me" "I will bye" "bye".
"New contractors?" "A helping hand" Carl nodded
"Hello Ralph speaking" "Ralph this is April maltri, a good friend of Carlton. he has given me your number for a job. Are you available?" "Doing what?" "Ventures park. I will be opening in a few months and I have heard you are good contractor. Can you help?" "Price?" "Depends on workers and hours but no less than fifty an hour for each?" "I can have six men including myself at your door with machines in twenty four hours" "news I like to hear. Tell me a time and I will be here to meet everyone. Carl is also on site. he has been in charge. he will run through everything with you" "done. I will see you at six thirty tomorrow morning. Send me the address" "I will. Bye" "bye".
"Done. six more workers will be here tomorrow. hopefully it will help getting everything back on track but I am impressed with everything" "we are glad to hear that".
"I am going to go have a proper look around. I will let you get back to work. If I don't see you before I leave, I will be back tomorrow morning to introduce you to Ralph" "no worries".
Walking around the entire park, i received many strange looks but not one person said anything and so they should keep their mouths shut. Everything is looking great so far but I am keen to see the end product.

"Tommy" "April I have gone to check the estate over. it's fine" "I knew it would be" "with Adam there.." "okay I have had this from four others and I am going to tell you the same. He is not going to make one wrong move. We all know he fucked up in the past but he is sober. Do you really think I'd take him to mine if he had any concerns?" "Yes because I know what you are like" hanging up the phone, I shook my head throwing my phone on the table. There is no way in hell, I would allow Adam to stay in my estate if I thought he was going to cross me. I saved his life and he knows it.

Brenton.

"She is going to come back firing. She sounded pissed and hung up the phone". "where is April?" "Los Angeles" "when is she getting back?" "Probably two days from now" "okay and why is she going to come back firing?" Lucas shook his head "because we keep going to her estate to check on Adam" "want me to call her?" "Good luck". I internally grinned. I will sort it.
"Brenton why are you calling?" Okay she is definitely not happy. "I heard you are away" "yes I am in Los Angeles checking out the new park. Is there a reason for your call?" "To check up on you" "hmm I'm fine" "want to tell me what's going on?" "No" shaking my head with a grin, the guys looked at me "you sound pissed" "yeah I am but it's not your concern. Made your decision?" "Yes and it's been put out there" "I hope you are doing it for the right reasons" "I am" "good".
"How's the house mate?" "Great... Oh I see this is why you are calling. You have spoke with those five" "only one so far" "yeah well it's my business and when you see them tell them they can't access my estate until I get back I have changed the codes" "noted but are you positive it's fine?" "Yes he won't step out of line. he knows I saved his life and his balls are on the line" I chuckled "fair enough" "I have to go, I have a few calls to make" "sure take care" "always. Bye" "bye".
"Well?" "Well none of you can access her estate until she gets back as she has changed the codes and she stated that she knows he won't cross the line. She saved his life and his balls are on the line" "wait, she changed the codes to the estate?" "Yep" troy shook his head "oh yeah she is pissed off. So you working here richy rich" I smirked at matt. "I will be but I have a business to sell first" "you are selling your business?" "Yes I am".
"Hi everyone" "oh crap" "hi Dallas" "well not the person I expected to be here. How are you Brenton?" "Good thanks you?" "Great. Is April here?" "No she is in Los Angeles" "alright. When will she be back Matt?" "you know who I am?" I internally grinned "yep my daughter used to work at your mechanics" "well shit" Dallas chuckled "why is my daughter in Los Angeles?" "Checking the progress of a new park" "hmm okay. I know she likes to manage things. So who are all of you?" "Brit" "tommy" "troy" "Lucas" "you know me but we have never met" "well I'm Dallas" everyone nodded. "Brenton I have heard you broke my daughter's heart the same day I supposedly broke my ex wife's" "no I didn't, I broke her dreams of being rich and not working" Dallas smirked "seems like we are the same because I just walked out of the courts with absolutely everything" "my mother got you every cent?" "Amelia is your mother?" "Yes she is" "then yes she did and I came to celebrate with April but she isn't here" Brit grinned "one sec Dallas".
Seeing a large screen drop, I shook my head.
"Why the video call?. what is wrong?" "April" "dad. why are you at my work?" "Well I came to see you to celebrate" "Amelia won the case for you?" "She sure did. When are you getting back?" "I have to introduce a couple of workers tomorrow morning at six thirty then I will be flying back" "then I would like to celebrate with you then".
"You changed the codes on the estate?" Oh shit "yes it's my estate" "you have gone away many times without changing them" "security is there, I'm not seeing a problem" "you know what he did" "yeah I do and if you have a problem, go hit a punching bag or something. He won't cross the line" "he fucking.." April cut the call "shit" "you had to say something troy".
"Okay what the hell is going on here?" "April has an old mate staying at her estate. He stuffed up in the past but she is letting him stay there. She paid a ten thousand dollar debt for him and clothed him" "good everyone needs someone there for them and she obviously has faith in him to do that" "but.." "there is no buts young man. have trust and faith in April, she is a very smart woman. She has never cared about money and I believe she paid for all of your houses?" Everyone nodded "so what is ten grand?" "it's not the money, it's her safety" "trust in her. She is doing what's right. Do you really think she is that stupid?" "No but we dont know what he is like these days" "then find out Instead of assuming".