33

April.

"April maltri" "harmony millinger" "how are you feeling about this morning?" "I have all faith in my lawyer" "she is an amazing lawyer" turning around there was Amelia "hi Amelia" "good morning. I heard there is an important court case this morning and I thought well why not come support you" I grinned "thank you Amelia" "anything for you".
"Amelia it's good to see you" "and you too. Harmony how has work been?" "Haven't lost a case yet" I internally grinned.
"And what a change in style April" I chuckled "for legal matters, I need to" "it suits you" "no thanks" Amelia laughed.
"Alright April do not speak unless spoken to but I don't know if the judge will call you up. Just be prepared" I nodded "noted".
"I will meet you in the court room. Walk in five minutes before, it will look good for your case" "okay thanks harmony" "don't thank me yet" I nodded.

"April" "hi dad" "wow look at you" I grinned "don't get used to it" "expected" "who is coming today?" "You and Brenton I believe. Amelia surprised me, she is already here for support" dad smiled "you are very much respected" "I know".
Hitting five to, I took a deep breath then walked inside.
Bowing down to the judge, I moved forward to the desk next to harmony.
Seeing the doors open. Dad, Brenton, matt, Amelia and another surprise Brentons parents walked in standing in behind me in the isles.
When Irene, kristene and my mother walked in they looked at everyone with worry laced on their faces. Seeing the three of them sit down, I internally grinned.
"Please rise" continuing to stand I waited. When the judge walked in the room, I kept my face straight but inside I was already smiling. Judge Charles britan.
Watching the judge, he sat down in his chair "please be seated" sitting down I kept my back straight and my hands on my legs. I know when to act proper.
"Today we are here for the court case maltri verse Baxter and Gomez" "where is your lawyer?" "Not here yet your honor" when judge britan looked my way, his eyes showed me I had already won.
"I'm sorry I'm late your honor" "not a good way to start this case" the lawyer nodded and bowed before moving in behind the desk.
"Misses millinger your client is looking at sueing the baxters and Gomez for the invasion of her privacy?" "That is correct your honor. My client had kristene Baxter working in her home at the time the cameras were installed without her consent" "miss maltri please stand" standing up, I looked directly at the judge "your honor" "is the information you have passed on to your lawyer correct?" "Yes your honor. I had kristene working in my estate as a cleaner for eleven months and twenty eight days. I had met Kristene at Macy's cafe. I offered her a job to help her get back on her feet after she had told me she needs money" "did you know Kristene prior to this day?" "No your honor. My mother who is sitting over there did but I did not take part in their lifestyle" "you may sit down" "thank you".
"Your honor I have been informed by my client that kristene and April were actually friends prior to the day she is claiming they met" I internally groaned "is this correct miss Baxter" "yes your honor" "miss maltri?" Standing up I spoke "no your honor. She is infact friends with my sister Reilly Gomez who I no longer have contact with" the judge nodded. "Please sit miss maltri" "she is a Gomez" I internally grinned when Marielle spoke up "quiet ms Gomez".
Hearing the doors open, when I seen Ivan, I internally grinned.
"Good morning your honor" "good morning officer. Are you here for the case?" "Yes your honor. I have some new evidence in favor of April maltri" huh? What new evidence?. "Please come forward" Ivan nodded then walked to the bench.
"Thankyou sergeant. please stand to the side".
"As we have some more evidence in regards to the case Id like to put it on the screen so I can see it personally" what new evidence? Watching the screen, a few different occasions were shown on the screen. One where kristene had walked into the estate with a box full of cameras. Another where she was speaking with Chelsea and mentioned that she was so glad she had met me at Macy's cafe, without me she wouldn't know what she could do as her family supposedly abandoned her and the last, which I never expected was a video of kristene on the phone to someone saying yes the cameras have been put in place we will bring her down very soon and own my entire estate. "Well I have seen enough" "NO they were obviously fake" "tell your client to sit down".
"Mrs millinger and miss resswood. I have made my decision. April maltris privacy has indeed been invaded. To the court and all witnesses, I call in favor of miss maltri. Irene baxter you will be sued for the total of ten million dollars and sentenced to three years in prison" "NO" "QUIET" "kristene Baxter you are being sued for ten million and sentenced to one year in prison  and Ms Gomez you will be sued for five million and sentenced to three years in prison" "WHAT?" "Your honor my clients do not have those funds" "according to my records they do. as for Ms Gomez her property and cars will be sold and the money will be given to miss maltri".
Telling harmony about the charities she spoke. "Excuse me your honor" "yes miss Mrs millinger" "my client would like all funds to be given to the charities of her choice" "very well please inform me of those charities" I nodded.
"Case dismissed".
Looking at harmony she grinned "it looks like, I wasnt needed" "I need to thank you anyway and the money will.." "no I did it as a favor" looking at Amelia she had a grin on her face and I shook my head "thank you" "now you need to tell me those charities" "that's easy the Mha, voa, lwb and afsp" "you want every cent to be split between those four?" "Yes I don't need the money" she grinned "you are a good woman" "thank you".
Watching three officers grab kristene, Irene and my mother  I smirked at my mother then mouthed the word karma at her "I will kill you" keeping silent the judge spoke "Ms Gomez for that threat to miss maltris life your sentence has been increased to five years" "fuck you" wow she can actually swear.
"April?" Turning around I looked at my dad, Brenton, brentons parents, matt and Amelia "thanks to all of you for being here today I really appreciate it" "for you, anything" I grinned at matt.
"That is definitely not an outfit I ever expected you to wear" I grinned at Evelyn "I do when I need to but I tell you it definitely isn't as comfortable as my go to" she chuckled "still suits you" "my wife is right just don't put your nose up in the air" "never" Emre laughed "we will see you again soon. We must get going" "of course".
Walking out from behind the desk, I walked up to the judge. "it's good to see you Charles" "and you too April. it's a pity it is under these circumstances" "I agree" "April?" "Dad" "how do you know judge britan" I grinned "he is the one that signed my change of name" "Mister maltri" "judge britan" "formalities" I smirked "thank you Charles" "it was in your favor" I nodded "I better let you go, I am sure you have more cases" "I do" bowing to the judge he grinned "dismissed".
Walking out, dad followed. Getting out of the court room Brenton and Matt were still waiting. "Ready to go?" "Yes we are" I nodded "are you going back to ventures or joining me for a few beers?" "That's not a hard decision. Let's drink" dad and Brenton both laughed.
"Are you taking your car back?" "No I am heading straight to christians" "in what you are wearing?" "Yep Im going to make him pass out with shock and raid the bar" matt shook his head. "Dad are you coming?" "Yes let's see your old drinking grounds" "still my go to".
"How dare you" looking ahead I grinned "well well Mister Baxter, it's good to see you" "you are charging my wife and daughter" "they invaded my privacy. did you have something to do with them putting cameras in my home?" "What?" "I guess you didn't know" "no why would they do that?" "Couldn't tell you but my mother has been charged too. If you want to see them, I suggest you be very quick" walking away and out of the courts I got in my car.