32

April

"Adam let's go chat" worry flashed through his eyes making me grin "there is nothing to be worried about, come on" "alright".
Both of us grabbing a drink we headed out side to the pagola area. "Let's turn the heating on, it's fresh out here" "I agree".
Turning the heating on as I sat down, Adam spoke "have I done something wrong?" "You tell me" "I don't think I have" I grinned "Because you haven't. Tell me adam are you happy working here?" "It's good honest work and I owe you" "okay so when Brett comes back, do you want to continue working here or would you like to work at the resort when it's open?" "you are serious?" "Yes I am. Maybe you can run the bar for the adults or if you like children, you can work in one of the sections but that's up to you" "either way I will do it but I will need to do a course of some sort and I.." "that's all I needed to hear. You have a job at the resort when it opens. There is some other things I wanted to discuss too" "okay.. you are really stressing me out here" I chuckled "okay so I originally told you, you are working off that ten grand right?" "Yeah.." "I lied" "what?" "I am not making you work off any money because you are a mate and the money you have earnt is going towards furniture for a house" "I don't have a house" grabbing out the keys to a house not too far from here, I put them on the table "yes you do" Adam looked at me then at the keys then at me again "April I can't accept this" "yes you can and you will. I have done everything I can to make sure you have a roof over your head, you are fed and you have a job. The house is yours to move into whenever you are ready. We will go buy furniture and everything else you need" "why?" "Because you are mate and you were also Zane's best mate putting up with my sorry ass" Adam chuckled "you were never that bad" "sweetening it even more huh" "no just stating the truth, Zane loved you like you did him and I can see why" I nodded "he was a great guy. But thats not all" Adam looked at me curiously "there can't be anymore" I grinned "there is. In that garage is this" chucking a set of keys and papers on the table Adam grabbed them. "No fucking way" "you are now set. You have a house, job and a car" "April. oh fuck, I dont even know what to say" "thanks April you are the best" Adam laughed "can I have a hug?" "Of course" standing up I gave Adam a hug.
"What the fuck is going on out here?" rolling my eyes, I moved back from Adam "Adam was giving me a thank you hug. Got a problem?" "Bullshit" I shrugged "believe what you want".
Sitting down Adam did the same. "I still think this is way too much" "no it's the least I could do, to make sure you are settled and stress-free".
"Am I that bad of a house mate" I chuckled "no not at all. I told you why I have done it. Keep those keys safe to both. As I said when Brett comes back you can continue to help here if you want until I open the resort. As for the course, if you want to work the bar it's already organised for next month. I'm sure you will kill it" "how long have you been hiding all this?" I grinned "that's my secret. Cheers" raising my bottle Adam did the same "cheers to the best chick ever" I laughed "so when are we going furniture shopping?" "I need to check out that car" I smirked "want to have a look?" "Yes" grabbing out my phone, I opened the photos and handed my phone to Adam.
"Holy fucking shit that is sex on wheels" "I'm glad you are happy with it" "how did you know?" I smirked "you and Zane were very similar when it came to cars" Adam nodded as he continued to look through the photos.

Brenton.

Seeing those two outside on their own, I thought Id join them. Going outside they both had their arms around each other making my blood boil. "What the fuck is going on out here?" "Adam was giving me a thank you hug. Got a problem?" "Bullshit" April only shrugged "believe what you want".
Argh. walking back inside, I grabbed my keys "Brenton what's going on?" "Those two" shaking my head in anger I left her estate and headed back to my apartment.
I knew there was a reason she was keeping him around, it's not because she wants to help him it's because they like each other.
Hearing my phone ring it was matt.
Argh.
"Matt" "Brenton what the hell why did you leave?" "She was playing me" "tell me and I will clear it up" "when I walked out those two were wrapped around each other..." "Whoa there Brenton. there is nothing going on between those two. April planned to surprise him tonight with a house and a car to help him out" a thankyou hug? That's why she said it, she got him a house and a car.
"How do you know?" "Because I had to go pick up the car and take it to his house. When I handed her the keys, she said she was going to tell him that she lied and the work he has been doing was to buy furniture for the house" "alright I will believe it" "so you should. Possessive one aren't you" I chuckled "when it comes to her. Yes" "don't blame you, she is good woman but just trust in her" something I have heard before "okay I will do that" "good. I'm going. Bye now" "see ya".
Fucking hell I just want her but I have to remember the type of person she is. She likes to help her mates out. I can't believe she bought a house and a car for him.
Why the hell did I leave? I was hoping to see her for her birthday tomorrow but now I probably won't see her until Tuesday or Wednesday, definitely Wednesday as I will be at the court case to see those three go down.

Matt.

"Who was that?" "Brenton" "did he leave?" "Yeah he had to go somewhere. I was just making sure all was good" "that's alright. Do you know if those two are together?" "No they aren't. why are you interested?" "Her yes, him no" I chuckled at Brit "that won't happen" "I know"
"Argh Lucas is calling" Brit shook her head "answer It see what he has to say for himself" I nodded.
"Hi" "matt have you got time to talk" "yep what do you want?" "I know you are angry and I'm fuming myself. I reacted In a way I never thought I would" "you fucked up big time Lucas. Why the hell would you do something like that?" "I was angry and thought he deserved it for what he had done" "you are a dead set idiot. You deserved what you got from April. You are lucky she has not taken the evidence down to the station" "I know and I don't blame her if she does. She won't forgive me will she?" "I don't know I'm not her. but even if she considers it, it is going to take a lot of time" "yeah.. I guessed that" "where are you?" "At home I'm guessing you are all at aprils?" "Yes it's her birthday tomorrow so we are having a few drinks tonight as she is having dinner with her dad tomorrow" "alright well I know she probably won't want to hear it but tell I said happy birthday" "I will pass it on" "thanks talk to you later" "bye" "see ya".
Shaking my head, Brit smirked "fun conversation" "he is just a dickhead" "who is?" "Lucas" "hmm" "he just phoned me. I told him I'd pass on his message. Happy birthday" "alright" I internally grinned.
"Are all of you staying?" "Yep" "well you know where your rooms are. I'm going to hit the hay shortly" "slack" "just buggered" "are you coming in to the office tomorrow?" "No" "no she won't be she will be resting all day" "and shopping" "nah that wasn't.." "I need to go get food for dinner with my dad" "granted" April laughed "idiot. I will see you guys when I am looking at you" "you will. Goodnight" "goodnight everyone".
"Looks like we better do the same. We all have work tomorrow" "that's true we do. I will see you all in the morning" "night" "night".
All of us heading to our own beds I laid down and closed my eyes.