8

Brenton

She is even more stunning than she was back then. Piercing green eyes, long dark brown hair, gorgeous cheek bones, light pink kissable lips. Her stunning figure covered with black tight jeans, a white singlet and dark grey zip up jacket.
When she looked at me, I couldn't read her until she walked outside.

"I want to speak with you privately. can we do that?" "I'm not sure what you want Brenton. I am not changing" "I don't want you to change. you are perfect the way you are but past that just let me have a chance to speak with you. We have only spoke twice and as I said I have tried to find you" "fine I will speak with you in private but don't be trying anything Brenton and do not lay a hand on me" "I won't" April nodded "give me a minute. I need to get some things from in the office" "okay".
It's a start she didn't fire at me. I expected her to be very hostile but she spoke to me okay.
"Where?" "Anywhere you want" "then we will speak here. follow me".

"You built this place?" "Yes from the ground up. Its something I have always wanted to do. It's not only fun, it's good for team building and there is a section for people in wheelchairs as well. I like everyone to feel happy and included. Most places do not include the disabled but there is no place like this anyway" "you are right they don't and no there's not. I have heard its quite successful and growing fast" "it is, faster than I ever expected. I am opening up another in the west in a few months" "how many have you opened?" "Seven in three years".
"I know you have been around but where did you go?" "I stayed at my best mates place then moved into my own place" "how come your name isn't in the data base?" "It is" "no April Gomez doesn't show up" "I'm not a Gomez" "when you spoke to me at the ball.." "I changed my last name. I did not want to be a part of that family" "but you had contact with your father. Does he know you aren't a Gomez?" "Yes because he is the only one who accepts my life. I told him when I spoke to him, I had changed my last name" "was he okay with it?" "He was quite surprised but not disappointed" "what is your last name now?" "Maltri" "that comes from your father's side" "it sure does. I don't know why dad would agree to change his last name to marry Marielle. I have taken my grandfather's last name and I'm sure my dad will change his back as well" "you were close with your grandfather?" "When he was allowed to see me, yes. and he is another person who didn't look down at me because I didn't want to be like Marielle or Reilly".

"Sorry April but Carlton is on the phone" "excuse me" I nodded.

"Carlton how is everything going?... No. that is not something you should apologise for. When you are ready we'll sort out the details... Of course six days... You have my personal number give me a ring and we'll discuss it. Go back to your family especially your wife... It's not a problem at all. Bye Carlton".
"Thanks trace" "are the works being postponed?" "For now but it's fine he has more important matters to attend to" "okay April and sorry about interrupting" "it's fine. Go on, get out of here. I will see you tomorrow" "you will".

"Everything okay?" "Yes just business" I nodded "You were saying about not being like your mother and sister?" "Well you already know that, I'm sure from the first time you met me" "I already picked that up yes. You lied to your family about your work" "no my dad knew" "and he didn't care?" "No because he knew it made me happy but now matt works for me and basically lives with me" "what?" "Well he is one of my managers, we spend a lot of time discussing business and we may as well do it in comfort" "you do not discuss business at work?" "Yes of course but when it comes to other matters we talk at my place. It's relaxing, quiet and peaceful" "in the city?" "On the outskirts. Tell me Brenton why do you want to speak with me. It seems we have nothing in common" "actually that's where you are wrong. When I spoke to you five years ago at the mechanics, when I said I'd change you, I only said it to see how you would react and you reacted exactly how I'd hoped. All the other women throw themselves at me. if I say jump they say how high. But you, you didn't disappoint. You stood your ground, you told me How you felt, you showed me you won't take that crap. Yes at the ball I regretted laying a hand on you and I'd like to apologise for that too. I'm sorry for touching you with out your consent".

April

He just apologized what the hell?.
"So how do we have things in common. You once said that you like the high life" "the money is a bonus but the company we keep is boring. I'm sure if you let me, I could show you" "you can't tell me. What are your interests?" "Drinking, living life on the edge, drowning out the bullshit. I have decided to stay out of the lime light. I can't deal with it anymore" "so where should a woman be Brenton?" He sat back looking at me curiously "that's a strange question" "no it's not. Can you answer it?" "Beside me" "are we talking about beside you to make you look good or.." "no I mean as an equal" "that's a better answer then the first one you gave me. If you want to be friends.." "I want you, I always have" "look Its easier dying a virgin and single there's no stresses and worries" "what?, you are a virgin?" "Ahh yeah.." "you are twenty seven?" "Twenty six my birthday is next month" "twenty six and you haven't been with anyone?" "No I may be the wild child, it doesn't mean I have slept around. I was too busy partying with my friends and working to even worry about that" "I didnt think you'd be one to sleep around but I thought you would've atleast had sexual relations atleast a few times" "nope" "you don't like to let anyone get close" "that's not it. I have many close friends. I have also messed around in the bedroom, I just never took that step" "are you afraid.." "im not afraid it just never felt right" "are you a lesbian?" "No I am not a lesbian although I do find women attractive as I do men" "when you say you have messed around in the bedroom was it with a male or female?" "Male" "have you ever thought about being with a woman?" "Yes" "you are bi?" "I don't know. I have never thought about having sexual relations with either sexs. You are obviously straight and had sexual partners" "yes but not as many as you may think" "I never assumed you had slept with many. I just stated you are obviously straight and have slept with a woman or women" "two" I nodded "you didn't need to tell me that. It's your personal life" "honesty is the best way to go" "yes I agree even if people don't like to hear it" Brenton nodded.
Hearing my phone ring, I looked at the screen. "Troy" "just checking in and letting you know we have all packed up and leaving" "where we heading?" "We? I thought you were busy" "made plans without me, I'm heartbroken" troy laughed "you sound it. We are going to christians" "comp?" "Maybe but we are drinking" "see how I go. I have.." "woman stop worrying. everything is going great" "I have that trip coming up and need to book tickets" "do it later. You know you want to join us" I grinned "it's been a while" "yeah it has. now let loose and come party with us" "ouch that hurt. stop twisting it like that" troy laughed "guess we'll see you when you finish talking with richy rich" I chuckled "yep I will be there" "good bye now" "bye".
"Who is Troy?" "He was in the office when you arrived. He is one of my best friends and has been for nearly ten years" "are you heading somewhere?" "Yes I will be going to the pub it's been quite a long time" "the pub?" I nodded "I may have money but it doesn't mean I am too good for my old go to" "mind if I tag along" "you want to come to a pub?" He smirked "theres a lot you don't know about me April but if you let me I will show you" "you can not rock up to that pub in a suit" "tell me the pub and I will meet you there in thirty minutes" "cascades" "alright well let's get out of here".