12

Brenton.

"looks like we are going shopping then" "April you can't be serious" April put her hand up again. Its frustrating me, does she not realize what she is doing. She just saved his ass letting drex put a gun to her head. paid ten grand without missing a beat. She just told him he is staying at her place and now she is taking him shopping.
Watching April stand up she walked out to the office and walked back in with beau.
"I will be back in a few minutes beau. Brenton you want to talk, let's go".
Oh I definitely want to talk. Following her out to the car park she stopped and turned to look at me.
"You may not understand the way I do things but let me make one thing clear. What I do with my life is my choice. I do not need anyone asking questions" "he could fucking kill you and it's like you don't give a shit" "he won't try kill me Brenton. I know Adam. Yes he went through a rough trot and that's his mistake but I know the real Adam that's not on the drugs. I am doing what I can.." "you let drex put a gun to your head. you paid ten thousand dollars without a second thought. you then said he can stay at your place.." "my estate I never said he is sleeping In my house" "and now you are going to take him shopping" "what you expect him to walk around with out clothes on?" "I don't understand..." "No you don't because you grew up with money. you grew up completely different. These guys have been my life. they have been there when I felt my lowest. None of my mates grew up with money" "but you did" "no I didn't. Reilly maybe, but not me. I was never given a cent. I am helping him because he needs it. Ten grand is a lot to most people but to me it's just fucking money. What is more important is he is not living in a run down abandoned house with no food, no water and no clothes. I know he will be warm, fed and dressed and he will be working for me. What you don't understand is, i will do anything I can to help someone. I do not need you coming here questioning my life and my decisions" "I care okay. I have found you again after five years and you know damn well I want you" "I'm not promising anything" "oh I know you are very closed off" "closed off?" "Yes you have like a shield around you" "I don't have shield or wall or whatever it may be. Im just me. The one who cares about her friends. Now I need to go back inside and then take Adam shopping and show him where he will be staying" I nodded "fine. But can I get your number?" "Yeah sure" after April gave me her number I grinned "I will be in touch about the work and just because I want to talk with you" "that's fine Brenton and maybe lay off the suits" I grinned "I will".
When April walked away I couldn't help but smile. I now have her number. I'm still worried though, I can't believe she would do all of that for someone. I could tell she was fuming and she didnt hold back towards him. I just hope she knows what she is doing. There is no way in hell I would do that. Damn did she look incredible when she was firing at Adam. It doesn't matter if she smiling or fuming she always looks amazing.

April.

"Got everything you need?" "Yeah that's plenty" "right lets get this back to the estate and I will show you where you can stay" "I really do appreciate this, all of what you have done. I know I fucked up" "yeah you did but atleast you know and can see it" getting in the car when I arrived at my estate Adam spoke "this is your home?" "Yes it is" "this place is.. massive" "yes it is quite spacious" "a lot has changed" "we are all working and living our lives Adam. We are still the same people just bigger attitudes" "and rich" "we are only rich because we have people in our lives that love us. Come on let's get your stuff to the bungalow" Adam nodded.
Walking to the bungalow, I opened the door and stepped in. "this is what you call a bungalow? it's like the size of my mom's old house" "well you have plenty of room and won't feel cramped" "anything has got to be better than the hide out" "how long were you staying there?" "Since I was released from rehab" "well at least you will be warm and comfortable" "thanks April".
"Are you hungry?" "Starving" "come to the house I will make some food" Adam put his bags down then followed me out.
"April who is this?" "Oh Craig this is Adam, he will be staying in the bungalow. Adam this is Craig, not only a good friend but also a trustworthy security man for my premises" "hi" "hi Craig" "Craig can you inform Oakley and zeth please" "I will. Any troubles call" I nodded.
"You have security" "six men. I also have a landscaper and two cleaners" "two?" "Yes" "I'm surprised you do not have a chef" "no I can do my own cooking. I would do the others too but I don't have the time" "how often do you work?" "Six days a week. I leave one day for meetings and to relax".
"You aren't allergic to anything are you?" "No I'm not" "alright".

Adam.

She saved my ass and I understand why she is fuming I have hated myself ever since it happened. Even when on the drugs I knew what I had done but I couldn't help it. I also felt like a shit person but I was addicted and couldn't stop. I called April because I know the type of person she is and she was my best chance at getting help and staying alive. I didn't expect her to pay my debt but she did and I now owe her ten grand. It took me an entire year to feel comfortable to go back out into the real world, to stop the temptation of having more drugs but now I don't ever want to see a another drug and I havent.
"How did you get all of this?" "I worked my ass off and opened ventures and I continue to work my ass off everyday I refuse to lose what I have built. One sec"

"Matt... Calm your tits...yeah that's right... If you want but I don't...argh yep see you then".

"Sorry someone is always calling. Are you happy with burgers?" "Yes that's fine. Would you like a hand?" "If you want to. there's onions in the pantry and the chopping boards are in the side cupboard next to the dishwasher" I nodded
"They don't trust me do they?" "No and can you blame them?" "no I can't. I know I probably won't gain their trust back" "it's going to take a lot of time" "I know but what I don't understand is why you are letting me stay here. Why you paid him and why you bought me clothes and not just shit kicker clothes, high branded clothes"
"I did it because you can't be living on the streets, you need clothes and..." "He shouldn't be here" shit matt and Reece are here. "you do not tell me what to do with my life you both know that. the same as I dont control yours. If you plan to start trouble in my house, you know where the door is" "April I know you like to help people.." "yes it's not changing now. Now you can sit, eat and shut up or you can leave" matt smirked "fine only because I am hungry" "I'm sure that's the reason. Reece long time" "it has been" "hows the farm?" "Running well bringing in the dough" "glad to hear it, you sound happy" "I am" "good".
I had no idea what to say to these guys but I guess an apology would be a good start. "I'm sorry for the shit I did while high" "are you clean?" "Yes I put myself into rehab I was there for a year before I felt strong enough not to give into the drugs again" "good". Continuing to cut the ingredients April spoke.
"I'm organising a team meeting for next week when I get back" "you are still going?" "Yes" "but.." "don't even think about it. I have to go and when I get back I want everyone at the park. I will announce it tomorrow. The meeting will be held after hours. But everyone will be paid to be there" "want me to organize anything?" "No thanks but you will be in charge of the park while I am gone" "expected". Geez she must trust him a lot.