18

Brenton

A lack of red blood cells. Can cause fatigue, lightheadedness, shortness of breath, head aches, fast heart beat. Argh it's making me anxious, worried amongst other things. She has been dealing with it for years and yet no one knows. She has obviously seeked professional advise but I worry because she is on her own. I haven't heard from her for three days. she hasn't been at work and she is not answering her phone to anyone. I have been trying to do what she asked and let her rest but I can't stop fidgeting I have been unsettled not knowing what's going on. Shit she could be just busy but It's making me restless.
"Brenton what is wrong with you?, you haven't sat still since you arrived." "Sorry mom I am just worried about someone" "who is this someone you never gave me a name?" "April" "April? Gomez?" "She is not a Gomez she is now maltri" "that wild woman that attended the ball? Meredith Coleman would not stop speaking about her that night" "Meredith Coleman needs to get her head out of her butt. April Is a very intelligent woman" "that is not what I have heard" "What have you heard mom?" "She is wild, disrespectful, rude, dresses inappropriately and drinks" "she isn't wild just likes to live her life how she wants. I think it's great that she doesn't dress to show off her body. She keeps it private. She also believes respect is earned not just given. Yes she drinks beer but there is nothing wrong with it" "are you sure that is the woman you want?" "Yes" "you said you didn't want to support anyone. you wanted a woman that can provide as well" "mom April is a billionaire but she doesn't act like it" "a billionaire?" "Yes she is the founder of ventures" moms eyes went wide "wow. Okay so you definitely don't have to support her" "no and trust me mom she is an amazing woman. She has goals..." "The same woman who left you at the ball. I can't believe it but I think I like her already. She sounds very business minded and will keep you on your toes" mom winked making me laugh "she already does. I have wanted her since that night" "I know but what about your father" I shrugged "it's not his love life" "do you even think she has interest in you" "I don't know mom but I'm not willing to let her go. I finally found her again and I won't stop until I get her" mom grinned "she has a hold on you" "she does and she has opened my eyes to a lot of things" "how so?" "There's more to life than balls, women and business. she is caring and will do anything for her friends. She also made a section in her park for the disabled. She also wants to open a resort for parents and children on the spectrum" "okay I definitely would like to meet her" "I will speak with her about it" "thank you. What has she done for her friends and why not her family" "they are her family. they are the ones that stood by her while Marielle looked down upon her, treating her like she was nothing. April not only paid off a five hundred thousand dollar business loan for her friends company. She paid for twelve of her friends houses so they could be comfortable and stress-free" mom had a gentle smile on her face "she is a wonderful woman by the sound of it" I nodded "she is. I'm just worried at the moment because the last time I seen her, she was looking pale and exhausted" "where is she?" "I don't know maybe at her estate" "go see her" "she said she wanted to rest. I'm just worried because she is uncontactable at the moment" "do what you can to see her. Find out if she feeling better" I nodded "okay I will go do that" "now. Off you go" I chuckled "yes mom".

Arriving at April's estate when I pulled up at the gates, Gerald I believe his name is walked over to my car.
"I'm here to see April" "she isn't in the state to see anyone right now" "that's why I am here. please open the gates" gerald looked at the house then at me giving a slight nod before he opened them and I drove in.
I knew there was something wrong And i had to check.
Getting out of my car, I ran up the stairs and into the house. Checking the kitchen and dining area there was no sign of anyone until turning around.
"Oh hi sir" "hello can you please tell me where April is?" "I haven't seen her sir. Maybe in her room" "and where is that?" "Second floor" "thank you" "you are welcome".
Heading up stairs, I looked at all the doors. 'definitely the far one'.
"Thanks Kristene I really appreciate it" "I know April. I will be back".
"Oh hi sir" "hi is April dressed?" "Yes sir".
Entering April's room April was laying down in bed with her arm over her eyes. "Brenton why are you here?" "You had me worried and I'm sure everyone else. What's wrong?" April removed her arm and put it over her stomach. Just by her eyes, I could tell she was sick. "The flu" "have you got any antibiotics?" "Yes I do" "good. what have you been eating?" "Nothing I.." "nothing are you serious? April you should be eating" "I'm not moving. I'm lucky to stay awake for more than two hours at this stage" "I will go make you a soup" "Brenton you don't.." "I'm doing it. You need some food and it is still light" "if you would like to" "are you allergic to anything?" "No I'm not" "okay. I will be back".
I'd suggest dairy for vitamin b but I'm sure the dairy won't sit well.

Looking in her fridge kristene spoke "I'm not a chef but I can make you some food if you are hungry sir" "I'm not, but April needs to eat and my name is Brenton" "April did not mention she was hungry" figures "I am going to make her a chicken and vegetable soup" "would you like me to do it?" "No I can cook thank you" "a man should not be cooking" why does that sit uneasy "this is a new age. men can do things for a woman and a woman can do things for a man" kristene never spoke just stood at the bench while I prepared food. Kristene? I have heard that name before "how long have you been working for April?" "Only a year" I nodded "and your last name?" "Baxter. You are Brenton Mancini" "that Is correct" kristene Baxter? Why does that.. oh you have got to be fucking kidding me. "How do you know April?" "I met her at a cafe" I nodded "and you?" "Family" "oh" "do you not have work to do?" "Yes I better get to it but sir if you ever need anything, I'd be happy to help" Im sure she would "no thank you".
Finishing making the soup for April, I scooped some into two bowls one for both of us and put a spoon in them then walked up stairs.
"You need to believe me" "I think you should go do your job" entering the room April looked at me then at kristene. "Kristene you have a job to do" "yes April".

"Take your pick" April looked at the bowls then had a small grin on her face "either is fine thank you" "that's alright" "don't get too close, I'm sure you don't want to get sick" "I will be fine but I need to speak with you" "is it important?" "I think so" "well speak" I grinned "your cleaner" "which one?" "Kristene" "what about her?" "Do you know who she is?" April looked at me curiously "okay I'm not sure if you know this but she is Irene baxters daughter" April shook her head "one of my sister's friends" "and a mole by the sound of it" "far out. Let me eat this then I will deal with her. Tastes really good for a food that has a drug in it" "what?" April smirked "I was told that you put something in the soup. My guess is someone is trying to keep you all to herself" "that's why she said you need to believe her" "yep but if I get drugged you are too" I chuckled "that is true. Have you had contact with Matt?" "Yes he knows I'm unwell but the park is running fantastic" "have you put more thought into that other idea" April nodded "I have and I will speak to Matt".
When April finished her bowl she placed it on the bedside table then picked up her phone. "Can you please accompany kristene to my room?.. thank you".