6

"it looks like the number one bachelor is off the market. it seems Brenton mancini Is treating his girl friend Reilly Gomez to a wonderful lunch at the grande" looking at the screen, I smirked "what has you smirking?" "Remember mancini?" "How could I forget" "he is dating Reilly Gomez" "no fucking way" I grinned "I did tell him I'd see them two together one day" "I don't know how he can like both of you" "no I was just a challenge for him. he wanted to make me prim and proper" "well he was trying to find you for about two years" "he was looking for April Gomez, she doesn't exist" "she never did" I grinned "I know".
"Have you seen any of them lately?" "No thankfully. Even if I did, they wouldn't try touch me. I was actually thinking about calling my dad" "well why haven't you?" "Because I don't know how it will go" "you won't unless you make the call" I nodded.

"Hello Dallas speaking" "hi dad" "April?" "Yes it's me. how have you been?" "Oh my daughter, I have missed you so much. I have been worried but I'm doing okay. How are you?" "I am great, I have been keeping busy running my company and living my life like I wanted to" "I knew you would. You always wanted so much more to life and as much as I have missed you, I know you did what was right for you. Are you still in the city?" "On the outskirts" "I would love to see you again. it has been five years" "are you at the house?" "Yes I am. You are welcome to visit.." "I will not be going back there but I can send a car for you to bring you to my home" "I'd love that. When?" "When are you free?" "Now, always" "then I will have a car ready for you in twenty minutes" "okay April" "I'd like to ask a favor?" "Anything" "please do not mention where you are going. I want nothing to do with the others" "I know. I will see you soon" "okay bye dad" "bye April".

"April?" "Are you free?" "Who else do I drive for these days" I chuckled "can you go pick up my dad?" "What? You want me to go back to that place?" "Only for him" "I can head there now" "thanks Owen, I appreciate it" "I know".

Dallas.

My daughter is still alive and sounds really happy. I am ecstatic she called Me. I know she wants nothing to do with Marielle and Reilly, they have never got along but April has always been my favorite. I know we shouldn't have favorites but I do. This house hasn't been the same with out her.
Seeing a black Mercedes pull up out the front of the premises, I exited the house.
"Dallas where are you going?" "That is my business" getting in the car, I internally grinned. "Owen" "dallas" "I see we are on first name basis" "I am not going against my boss" "your boss?" "Yes, April is my boss" "this is why you stopped driving for everyone?" "Yes I have my freedom and she is the best person to work for" "how has she been Owen?" "Great and a lot more happier than when I first met her" "when she went to the ball?" "Yep but she was still the best person I drove that night" "I never heard what happened, she didn't tell anyone but Mister mancini wouldn't stop looking for her" "I heard he is now dating Reilly" "no they aren't. I'm sure Marielle had something to do with setting up a date" Owen nodded.
Arriving at the front gates of a glorious large house, owen waited for the gates to open then drove in.
"This is my daughter's home?" "One of" wow.
Getting out of the car, April was standing at the top of the stairs. "April" "hello dad. Thanks Owen would you like to come in for a drink?" "I need to go to the field" "let sean know I will come down tomorrow. I have a bit going on today" "I will pass it on" April nodded with a grin.
"Dad please come in" "you look really happy April" "I am dad. Can I get you a drink?" "Something hot please" "black coffee with one?" "You remember" "I never forget".
Entering her house it was extravagant, not a thing out of place, all white with black and white furniture.
Entering the kitchen, I took a seat at the bench. "you do not have servants?" "I have two staff members but they only clean, I will not have them running around making my drinks and food" I nodded.
"It hurt when you left" "it hurt being in that place. I could not live that way. That lifestyle is not for me" "I know, I always knew you were like that from the first time you refused to wear a dress" April smiled as she handed me a cup "thank you".
"Can you tell me how you have all of this?" "Well I think I should tell you that I was lying to you for a few years" "you lied?" "Yes I was never working in an office. I was a mechanic" I smirked "I already knew you were a mechanic but I knew you enjoyed it that's why I never told anyone. You have always been one that wanted to live life differently".
"Oh April" "troy" "who is this?" "This is one of my best mates troy, troy this is my dad Dallas" "good to meet you. April I need to go to the park, one of the motor boats is faulting" "argh take it out. I will get a new one" "I will try fix it" "see how you go. If you see Brit, can you let her know I have those papers she was after" "I will. Bye April and Dallas" "bye".
"Motor boats and papers?" "Yes I own and run ventures" "ventures?" April nodded "I have always wanted to build and run a park like that. It's not only fun, it's good for team building and it also has a large section for those who are in a wheelchair so they don't miss out" I grinned "it is very successful well so I have heard. I have never been" "it is and it's all thanks to my friends" "I'm sure it's not just because of them" "they are massive part in the success of the company. They all play a part in helping. They all work for me and never let me down" "your partner?" "No time for that" "you do not want a partner?" "I'm happy being me" I grinned "you have always been independent" April nodded.
"What about you dad. how has life been?" "Boring. To be honest with you April things between your mom and I have never been that great. I hate being there" "I could give you some advice but I'm your daughter I don't know.." "I'll take it" "leave" "it's not that simple" "how isn't it simple?" "we have a lot of money tied up and.." "money isn't everything. Money may make some people happy but that's only because they are selfish and want everything. What is more important than money is ones happiness" "you are right it is but she is going to take me to the cleaners" "need a hand?" "With?" "A decent divorce lawyer" "do you know one?" April grinned then grabbed her wallet and pulled out a card sliding it across the bench. "Amelia Carlisle?" "she is the best in the city" "how do you know her?" "That is my friend's mother" I nodded "it seems like the best way to go. I will contact her" "what will you do for accommodation?" "I haven't thought that far but I'm sure I can hire out a penthouse" "I have other properties you can use" "you haven't spoke to me in five years and now you want to help me" "I didn't speak to you for five years because i have been getting my life together. My life is now together and very secure. It does not mean I haven't thought about you, you are the only one I have thought about" I grinned "well I am thankful you contacted me. If you are okay with it, I'd like to move into one of those properties until the divorce is finalized" "that is fine" I nodded. "When are you thinking about doing all of this?" "Well I plan to call Amelia as soon as I leave so I will most likely be out of that house tonight" "that's quick" "I have been ready to leave for years" April nodded then walked around the corner before coming back again with a key "one ninety eight ridgeway road" "thanks it will only be until the divorce is done" "I know. The house is fully furnished too" "thank you April I appreciate it" "it's okay dad I'm happy to help".