54

April.

"Miss maltri now that you are away from that man are you safe?" "Of course I am safe. that is my partner" "we have had a call of concern about your well-being it sounded very serious" "may I ask who has had this concern?" "Sorry ma'am I can not release that information" "so you can come here telling me you are here to do a welfare check but you can't tell me who contacted you?" "No Im sorry" it frustrated me.
"Can you tell me your where abouts for today?" "Yes I woke up had breakfast with my partner spent some time in the house before he took me on a date on the east side of the city then we came back here and have been spending time together in the spa. What has this got to do with my welfare. As you can see I am perfectly fine" "we need to make sure before we leave. Who is your partner?" "Brenton Mancini he is thirty one, has a mom and dad Evelyn and Emre Mancini. No siblings and is a very caring man, not a threat to my life" "mancini?" "Yes" "ma'am" "April" "April we are sorry for interrupting your time with your partner. We will leave I hope you have a wonderful evening" "thanks".
Standing at the front door I watched and waited for them to leave as my anger was only building. Who the hell... Matt. I'm going to fucking have some words with him and I plan to do it right now.
Walking back inside, I slammed the door and walked straight up to mine and brentons room slamming that door shut too. Getting changed the bedroom door opened. "Not now" "April can you tell me what is going on?" "What is going on is I am going to see matt" "please no violence I don't like seeing you hurt" I grinned "no violence but I plan to speak with him" walking up to Brenton I gave him a kiss on the lips "I will be back to finish off that time in the spa with you" to see a handsome grin on his face I knew he had relaxed "while you are gone I will make some food" "if you would like too. And I'm sorry" "for?" "Running out" "don't be I know you need to do it" "understanding I like that" his smile only got bigger making me melt. "I'm going before.. nope I am going bye" brenton chuckled "bye".

Driving to matt's, his car wasn't there so I knew he wasn't home. Hmm maybe christians. Driving to the pub when I seen his car my anger boiled again. Parking my car I got out slamming my door and walked in.
"Shit" "shit? Oh no we are way past that" "look I had to.." "you didn't have to do fucking shit. Because of you I walked out on my partner after having a fucking amazing date with him because two police officers arrived at my fucking estate doing a god damn welfare check.." "partner?" "Thats all you fucking got out of that. What happens in my personal life is fucking personal. He is no threat to me in any way. he hasn't fucking hurt me and isn't fucking controlling me..." "April you need to calm down" looking at christian I shook my head "calm down? Yeah.. sure" walking out I slammed the door and got in my car, kicking it around and headed straight back to my estate. Oakley already had the gate open which I was thankful about. kicking my car out sideways and down the driveway I kicked it out again parking it right in front of my garage. It can fucking stay there. Getting out Oakley came running up the drive. "April what the hell is going on? The cops come here now you are driving like you are ready to kill someone" "oh I'm fucking fuming Oakley but not at you" "oh I know that so what happened?" "Matt sent the fucking cops.." "chill and explain it" taking a deep breath I spoke "matt sent the cops here to do a welfare check on me because he thought Brenton was either hurting me or controlling me. I had such a great day with Brenton. I followed your advice and we are now together" Oakley smiled "he took me on an amazing date and then when we came home we decided to have a spa and some beers. Then I get.. this" shaking my head Oakley pulled me in for hug which was unexpected "don't worry about them go inside to that hunk of a man and relax" I stepped back looking at Oakley wide eyed "is there something you haven't told me?" He smirked "maybe" "hmm I need to find you a man. That one is taken" he laughed "noted now go on. Go enjoy your night. The gates are locked and I won't let anyone in until tomorrow when Brett and Adam arrive" "thanks Oakley you are the best" "I know" I chuckled "and April?" "Yeah?" "If you are going to drive a car like you are in a race do it in the Evo" "no way that's my baby" "unbelievable" I chuckled.
"Good night Oakley" "good night"
Entering the house all I could smell was Italian cooking. Following the smell to the kitchen there was Brenton making up a focaccia "I'm not sure what is more appealing" Brenton looked my way with an irresistible grin on his face "which one do you want more?" "I'm greedy I will take both" he chuckled "honest" "yes".
Walking closer he pulled my in close pressing his lips against my temple "who knew I'd find a man who can cook" "you haven't tasted it yet" "I have had your cooking before and it was devine" "thanks gorgeous. After this we can go have that spa" "definitely".

Matt.

I have never in my life seen her so fucking furious towards me. I had to make sure she was safe. "You are a fucking idiot matt why the hell would you do that?" Shaking my head I sculled my beer "I had to make sure okay. She has been distant and just different" "different?" "Yeah" "ever think it's because she is happy to have him in her life and she is spending time with him so they can get to know each other while no one else is around?" "Why couldn't she just say that?" "She just told you. It's her personal life. When has April ever been so open about her personal life?" "Fucking hell" "oh she is fucking fuming" I nodded "I know" christian stood back against the far wall just shaking his head "well it's out now" "what's out?" "That she has a partner. She told me when she came and bought me lunch the same day she made peace with Kris" "what?" "she was wanting just time with brenton without everyone getting in her face" "no I meant about Kris" "he came in while she was here. They spoke and she accepted his apology" "she didnt tell me that either" "maybe because you have been down her throat. If it's not at the office, it's on the phone" "can you fucking blame me? She basically kicked Adam out after he made peace with Lucas. she hasnt been around which is unlike her and she has just kept making decisions with out speaking to me about it like normal" "you ruined their date" "way to make me feel better" "just stating the truth. Now you need to do some crawling and fix everything" "I would but she refuses to talk" "maybe instead of making accusations and losing your shit. Keep your cool and ask things".
"What the hell is happening in here?" Shit tommy is here and I know Brit won't hold back "this dickhead sent the cops to April's house to do a welfare check" knew it "what the fuck would you do that for?" "I had to check on her" "oh that's not all she came in fucking firing then walked out slamming the door because this dickhead ruined her date with Brenton" "fucking hell. Christian a beer please" "sure".
"Man do you really think he'd hurt her? All he has wanted is her, cared about her, worried about her and he speaks so Fucking highly of her it's not funny" I nodded "I fucked up" "yeah well how are you going to fix it. You ruined their date as well" "I know and I have no idea how to fix it. She finally has a partner.." "wait what?" "They are together but she didnt tell us because she wanted time" "I'm so fucking happy for her. it's about time she found herself a good man" "I would have her" I chuckled at christian "you have to have me too" "oh I have already put that out but I want both not just one" everyone cracked up laughing "same old eh" "yep yep".