70

April

"Morning Oakley" "morning how are you feeling?" "Ehh better now I've had some panadol" "throbbing head ache?" "Yeah just a little" "well prepare yourselves, the guys will probably come around" "good for them. It's not like they can turn back time and whatever you do.." "I won't say anything" "okay thanks. I want to wait. Oh those beers can be split between you six" "what?" "Take em. I dont know tell the rest it's a bonus to their pay" "okay but how are you going to explain why there are no beers?" "Going on a health kick" "you have an answer for everything don't you?" "Not even close".
"Here you two" "and yours?" "Right here" "thanks" "that's alright".
Eating my meal when the front door opened I shook my head.
"Where is she?" "Open your eyes" "April" rolling my eyes I looked at matt "well you look like shit" "yeah.. the car is worse" "as long as you are alright that's all that matters" I nodded. "What injuries did you sustain?" "Fractured wrist and a cut to the head but I'm good" "nothing else?" "Nah" "you seem tense" "just eating matt" "alright" "day off?" "Came to check up on you" I nodded.
Finishing my breakfast I grabbed my phone out and called the tow truck company. "Tows in place you are speaking with Nick" "nick my name's April maltri I need a tow truck to remove a car off my property" "when?" "Yesterday" "alright I have a slit open at two does that suit?" "That's fine. One thousand eight hundred and seventy two willoway road" "that will be two hundred and fifty" "cash?" "Yes" "done. See you then" "bye".
Hanging up the phone Oakley came over. "I heard you are getting a new one delivered" "yeah I am same colour, less kilometers" "how many?" "Five thousand" "that's low. How much?" "Forty one thousand" "Jesus" "i don't care about the price of the car" "I know" I nodded "I'm going to go outside" "you are annoyed at yourself" "yeah I am" "because of the car?" I nodded "not only that, I don't even know how it happened" "anger or being upset maybe" "most likely anger. But now I'm fucking angry I destroyed the car".
"It's a fucking car" "matt not a good thing to say" "who cares about a car? You are alive, that's all that matters" "yep the walk sounds good".
Leaving the inside of the house I walked around the property.
"Shit April" "Adam" "I seen the car, how are you feeling?" "Pissed off" "for what reason?" "I destroyed the car but I'm getting a new one tomorrow" "it's only a car, I know it was Zane's favorite but he'd rather you be alive" "yeah.." "how's the head and the wrist?" "Head is better now that I have had pain killers and my wrist is annoying the shit out of me" Adam chuckled "it will make you slow down though won't it" "sort of" "are we good?" "Yes of course" "you have been distant that's all" "I'm just dealing with my own mind, business, changes. Life huh?" Adam smirked "yeah it gets that way. Brenton told me he put the photos on the mantle piece" "he sure did, it was very nice of him to do that" "so I am up there, I knew he liked me" I chuckled "I'm sure that's the reason" "never know. This engagement could be a cover" "idiot" "good to hear you laugh though".
"April get your fucking ass over here" I rolled my eyes but stayed still just waiting for tommy to walk over "I will let you two talk" I nodded at Adam.
"What the fuck April? You smash your car, get injured and didn't even tell anyone" "I haven't even touched my phone since last night" "that's no fucking excuse. Jesus look at your head and your arm" "I'm doing fine" "stubborn more like it" "that's normal isn't it. Who told you?" "Matt" "argh" "hey don't be angry at him" "I'm annoyed at myself, not anyone else" "why are you annoyed at yourself?" "Because I smashed my pride and joy. The next one is staying in the garage" "next one?" "I have a new one coming tomorrow" tommy shook his head "it's just a car, the main thing is, is you are okay" "I'm okay" "worst liar in history" "I'm fine now I have had pain killers" "so why are you out here?" "I was walking around the property, it's peaceful and as I cant be working right now I may as well" "avoiding everyone?" "That too" "don't worry about the car.." "it was Zane's dream car. That's why I am pissed at myself but I have another one coming tomorrow as I said. When that car goes at two today I will feel better" "I can understand that. You did a good job" "I don't even know how it happened" "were you distracted?" "Possibly. When am I not" tommy laughed "that's true".
"April" "he's really worried about you" "I know".
"You should be relaxing" "this is relaxing compared to my usual days" "okay you are right there but I meant inside, sitting down or laying down" "nope".

Brenton.

"Where did April go?" "Outside she was annoyed" "told her it's only a car" "yep not a good thing to say" "what it's a piece of fucking metal, it's nothing compared to having her around" "it was Zane's dream car. She already has another one coming tomorrow" "I can guarantee she won't drive it" "yes she will" Oakley shook his head no "doubt it" he's right she probably won't.
"What happening with the piece of shit out there?" "It's getting picked up at two" "good".
"I'm going to go find her, she should be resting" "agreed" Oakley chuckled "I'm not getting in this, just be careful on how you approach her about it" I nodded. "need help" "nah I'm good".

"You should be relaxing" "this is relaxing compared to my usual days" "okay you are right there but I meant inside, sitting down or laying down" "nope" "he's right you should" "I'm not sitting inside, it's a nice day. If you really want me to sit I'm going to the dam" argh I want to know she isn't Going to hurt herself and she needs sleep.
"Can you not come inside?" "Of course I can but I'm not" tommy smirked but turned away as April walked off towards the dam.
"Not a good idea to push her to go in right now. Let her calm down" "angry?" "Only at herself but she is calmer than earlier" I nodded "hopefully she will be alright after the car is gone" "can only hope. No one wants to deal with an angry April" "nope" tommy laughed "let's go back in".
Oh this is going to be a blast. We aren't just dealing with angry April we are dealing with hormonal April.

"No luck getting her inside huh?" "No. And she woke up with some health kick shit in mind" "health kick, she can't get any healthier" "well she's planning on it. No alcohol, no processed foods.." "argh she will grow out of it" yeah not for the next eight months at least but they don't know that.
"Argh for fuck sake" "April don't walk away from me" "get out of my fucking face" hearing the door slam, matt looked straight at me "okay.." "April" "what?" "Come eat" "do I look like I'm hungry. I'm going for a spa and I swear if anyone annoys me I will stab them" hearing another door slam, Brit walked in "I want a drink" "best you enjoy it, she is quitting drinking" "did she hit her head that fucking hard?" "She's pissed off and is making changes" "argh I was ready to hit her. Firing at me because I tried to force her inside" "oh you did that but now if any of us go near her.. well you heard her" I shook my head. "Who is working?" "Everyone else" I nodded.
I'm tempted to go in there and try speak with her but I have a feeling she will throw something at my head just to keep me away.
"Shit what about her arm in the spa?" "Oh no Im not going in there. No fucking way in hell am I going near her right now" "you are her partner" "yeah so what. Did that change how she spoke to me?" Matt shook his head "argh I'm going back to work. It's got to be more fun than being here right now" "yeah I don't blame you man. I might do the same". The less people here right now, the better.

April.

'argh I just want everyone to fuck off. I want my own time.
I don't want any of them here, even Brenton. it pisses me off. Accusations and crap. There's no way I would be getting with Oakley. He thinks he can come in and just control shit. Fuck that'.