52

April.

"April?" "Hey Tommy how is work going?" "The same as always but you and I should really talk when you have a chance" "not today but definitely tomorrow what do you think?" "I'm free tomorrow. Was there a reason for your call?" "Yeah to let you know I am unavailable all day today" "is everything alright?" "Of course otherwise I'd inform you" "good, great, fantastic, wonderful, amazing" I laughed "idiot. If it's a real emergency of course you can contact me" "I know. well I will see you tomorrow" "when and where?" "Wherever you want it's my day off" "sweet well how about lunch?" "Fancy restaurant?" "Not if you want me to be there" tommy laughed "we can do it at my place if you want, over food and drinks?" "I'm in" I grinned "see you then" "bye".

"Who are you seeing tomorrow?" "Tommy I am taking him on a date" Brenton smirked "is that right?" "Yep right at this house" "business?" "I have no idea he just said, he thinks we should talk" "you are in trouble" "looks like it" Brenton smirked as he picked me up putting me on the bench then pressed his lips on mine.
"I will be back soon" "where are you going?" "That's a surprise" I grinned "okay. Off you go" Brenton picked me up putting me back on the ground making me laugh "I could've got down myself" "nope. See you soon" "alright".
I'm actually curious as to what he has planned I also have something I need to ask him but I will do that while we are out.
He said something casual so I don't have to change.
"Hey April" "chels I hope you are not working too hard" "nah just like my brother, I make it look that way" I chuckled "it's been good having this place quiet, less to clean. Oh I found this in the bungalow but I haven't had a chance to give it to you" looking at a box, it had my name on it. "what is this?" "No idea I haven't opened it" I nodded.
Opening the box another small box sat in front of it with a letter.

April,

For everything you have done for me over all these years I can never thank you enough. Just like Zane told me, you are an amazing woman and a great friend who not only loves to help people but you always have a time to listen and also give advice. I know this present can never repay you for what you have done but I went with my heart and I think you will like it.
There for you always,
Adam

Putting the letter down I grabbed out the small box and opened it. looking inside a small black wooden case sat inside. Grabbing it out, I undid the clip and opened it up. Tears started pouring out of my eyes. I thought these photos were lost over the years. One photo was of Zane and I, his arm around my shoulders and the other was of Zane, Adam and I standing by the hide out, all of us with the same stance.
"April?" Shaking my head I cleared my throat "back so soon?" "What's wrong?" "Ahh nothing. Chelsea found a box in the bungalow addressed to me. When I opened it, there was this letter and this present from Adam to say thank you for everything I have done" "why are you crying?" "Weak moment" Brenton walked over looking at the note then looked at me "can I have a look?" "Of course".
When Brenton opened it he had a small grin on his face "thats Zane?" "Yeah I thought the photos got lost over the years" "he was right, it's from the heart. Can I do something with these?" "That depends" "I swear it's nothing bad" I nodded.
Brenton kept the case open and walked over to the mantle piece removing a vase from the center and put the case on there showing the two photos.
Shaking my head, I can't believe he just did that but it is really sweet of him and this is why I have fallen for him.
"Thanks Brenton" he grinned "he deserves that spot. So now the question is, are you ready?" I grinned "yes I am" Brenton entwined his fingers with mine and we walked out the front door.
Seeing a white two door Ute, I looked at him curiously "what have you got in mind?" "Ahh now that's my secret. you have to wait" "alright".

Brenton

I had set it up with a bit of help from my mother and surprisingly my father. Away from population and in a spectacular area that I hope she will like.
About five minutes before arriving at our destination I pulled the car to the side of the road "we are here?" "No. Do you trust me?" "To an extent" I smirked "expected. Are you willing to put this on?" Holding up a blind fold April grinned "is this where you hog tie me?" I chuckled "no" "okay I can put it on" April grabbed the blind fold and put it over her eyes tying it at the back. Looking underneath she grinned "I can feel your breath on me" "busted. Just making sure you cant see" "well I'm ready" I grinned.
Driving for five minutes we arrived where everything was set up. And ready to go.
Getting out of the car I walked around and helped April out guiding her to the rug.
Pressing my lips to hers as I untied the blind fold I pulled away and removed it.
Looking at April's eyes as a small gorgeous grin showed on her face, she looked around. "Not something I expected but definitely perfect" I grinned "I can see it's the simpler things in life that you enjoy most" "are you simple?" I had no idea how to answer that "I'm just going to answer yes to that" to hear April laugh I grinned "ready to eat?" "Definitely".
Both of us sitting down I couldn't take my eyes away from her. "Well I know when your birthday is but there is plenty I don't know..." "What would you like to know?" "Everything from birth to now. Favourite colour, place, your star sign. Whatever you want to share" "I'm sure you know about my up bringing" "not really" April nodded "I have lived in the city all my life. I was very close with my dad and my grandfather when I was younger but because of Marielle I started to lose that bond. She was forcing me to be a person Im not. I attended state High.." "wait didn't Reilly go to the private?" April smirked "yes she did. My parents had no idea that I was attending the state school until I finished year twelve. Grandfather paid for it" I grinned "so your father paid for you to attend a private school but you never went?" "Yep" "wouldn't you have got in trouble?" "No my grandfather went to the private school and made an agreement for me to do homeschooling through them. Personally I have no idea who was doing my work but I graduated from both" I chuckled "that's how you met all the guys?" April nodded "yeah my first friend was Brit. From there I met tommy, beau, Troy, tommy and Lucas. I'm guessing you attended private?" I rolled my eyes "yeah what a blast that was. Full of rich snobs and  girls trying to get my attention" April smirked "you loved it, admit it" I shook my head "no I was actually a high grade student" "impressive" I grinned "when I turned fifteen I started working for matt" "how did you two meet?" "When I walked into his shop and asked for a job" "and he hired you straight up?" "No not straight away but I was persistent. At that age that's when I also met Zane he was a transfer at the school. From there we will friends and well things went on from there well up until the accident. I distanced myself from basically everyone. The first two to approach me were tommy and Adam" I nodded "I noticed when you weren't happy because of Lucas, tommy was the one that came to you to calm you. I had no idea how" "he is good at it. He doesn't exactly approach the situation just works around it" "I did see that".
"I was working for matt well up until you came in the day after you knew I worked there" I smirked "why did you quit?" "Because I was protecting a friend's business. I didn't know what was going through your mind. It was also that day that I just got back from my meeting with horashio about my grandfather's will" "you know I went back there until he closed shop. I thought he was lying that you quit" April smirked "oh I know he told me. From that day that I left, I worked on getting the park up and running and that's what I have been doing since"