58

Brenton.

"What time will they be here?" "Most likely very soon they have finished for the day" "you worry way too much" walking up behind April wrapping my arms around her waist I spoke "they don't expect a banquet" "I like to make sure everyone has enough, not only with food but with drinks" pressing a kiss to her shoulder then her temple her cheeks lifted "you are way too caring" "and you" "what can I help with?" "You can rest" "oh no I'm not resting" hearing the door April spoke "just as expected".
"Hey guys" "hey everyone" "hey, you know where the beers are just let me finish preparing this food" "same as always".
"Go on, I can handle this" "but.." "I only have the garden salad to prepare" "okay I can see when I'm not wanted" April chuckled.

"He joins us" "it gives those two girls a chance to talk and she kicked me out" beau smirked "watch out Brit might jump her" I grinned "good luck to her. Any thing happen after we left?" "Nah just a normal busy day. Ethan works hard and is always on time" "he did when I showed him the ropes".
"So what has been happening around here?" "Same as always, the men have been outside and Chelsea has been cleaning" "and you and April?" "We are together, live together and going into business together" tommy grinned "you are going to be part owner of the resort?" "Yes she asked me and of course I wasn't going to say no. Anything new with you lot?" "Nope just been slaving away working unlike some" I smirked at matt "you miss having me around" "nope" "he does. he has a thing for you" "oh don't let April hear you say that" I chuckled "idiots".

April.

"How have you been Brit?" "I'm always good. Oh you wouldn't believe who called me" "well tell me?" "Colton" dropping the knife Brit smirked "Colton as In.." Brit nodded "yep" "after all these years. Wow. What did he want?" "I have no idea we spoke about basically nothing" "that doesn't sound like the old him" "no he didn't even tell me where he was living. I had asked and he said you know me always traveling but there was something in his voice that seemed strained" now that's worrying "have you got his number?" "Yeah I do" "id like to have it" "why is that?" "I want to find out where he is, it makes me curious as to why he was secretive. he was always so open" Brit nodded "I will put it in your phone" "thanks".
"I found it quite strange too but it was good to speak with him even if it was random" "personally I miss him" "same".
"Speaking of missing someone. Give me one sec I want to show you something" putting the salad in the fridge I washed my hands then dried them.
"I received a present off of Adam" "a present what for?" "It was a thank you gift for everything I have done for him. Come on" walking over to the mantle piece Brit picked up the wooden photo case "he gave you photos of him, Zane and you" "yeah it pulled at the heart strings that's for sure" "I am surprised you put them up" "I didn't" Brit looked past me at Brenton through the window. When he looked our way Brit looked at me "he put this up for you?" "Yeah he did" Brit smiled "he is a great man april" "I agree" Brit put the pictures back on the mantle piece "never thought Id see the day you would settle down again and I am thrilled for you" I grinned "me too".
"I made the crazy decision to go to another ball" "what?" I chuckled "let's grab a beer".

"Another ball are you serious?" "On one condition" "what condition?" "That it's a masquerade" "what have you got planned? You don't like to dress up and you surely don't like the high side" I grinned. just as I was about to speak Brenton walked in. When he looked at me a cheeky grin sat on his face "what are you two talking about?" "Just work" "ah-huh, you have this guilty look on your face" "I'm not guilty of anything" Brit silently mouth yet I shook my head with a grin "Brit?" "Yes richy rich?" "what is my partner up to?" "We are just having a beer, chatting away like women do" "hmm for some reason I am not believing a word you two are saying" "I like what you did for April in regards to her present from Adam" nice change of subject Brit.
"He deserves a spot up there where everyone can remember him" "it was a nice gesture. So you two, when am I becoming an aunty?" "I'm just grabbing some beers" Brit and I chuckled "and Brit and April I haven't forgot my question" "I think richy rich needs another beer" "I agree" Brenton smirked at me as he opened the fridge.
Looking at Brit I gave her a slightly cheeky grin before straightening up.
"Okay I know when I'm not wanted" "girl chat" "ah-huh".

"Now he has gone back to your plans?" "Oh I plan to.." seeing the door open I shook my head "I should get dinner sorted" tommy came in and walked straight up to the bench. "That partner of yours thinks you are up to something" I shrugged "he is just worried I'm trying to steal his woman" "oh no that's not it at all. I know you all too well and you Brit" "I have no idea why he thinks I am up to something, I am just preparing dinner for everyone here" "and just by that comment you are guilty" "are you worried I am going to poison your food?" "You aren't going to tell me are you?" "There's nothing to tell" "hmm I think you are full of shit" "possibly" tommy smirked "we will find out" "they have no trust in you at all" "I can see that" showing tommy a sly grin he shook his head "I'm out".

"Cause a little bit of trouble while I am there. My first step will be the bar, then I might go speak with Mister Coleman if he is there and then a few more men. I believe we need to speak with the press too but that's okay, I can play the part" sending a wink Brits way she laughed "oh I really want to be a fly on the wall" "that all depends if it's a masquerade. If it's not, then I won't be attending" "still keeping your face away from the press?" "Yep" "what about brenton?" "He wants to also. It only makes it more interesting that Justine medlock will be there" "April what if she gets her way and Brenton ends up having to be with her" shaking my head when the door opened up Brenton walked in. Looking at Brenton then at Brit and back to Brenton I grabbed some food out of the fridge. She is right, Justine medlock is not only stunning she has pull "so be it Brit" "I don't think it's a good idea" "don't think what is a good idea?" "nothing" "girl talk" "nah there's something going on. I could tell by the way you looked at me when I walked in" "it's fine Brenton".
"Can I ask you a question Brenton?" Just by her saying his name he looked at her curiously "Justine medlock who is she to you?" "She is no one to me, she is allister and Natasha Medlocks daughter. One of the most prestigious families around" "hmm okay" Brenton looked between brit and I "why you asking me this?. Wait the ball and the conversation your dad mentioned? That's what you two are talking about isn't it?" "It came up. Everyone ready to eat?" "I believe so but right now.." "then let's eat" Brit looked at me with concern while I never looked at Brenton. "Brit would you like to give me a hand?" "Sure" "I will too" "no it's okay, we have it handled but thanks. Just go spend time with the guys" "nope that's not happening. You are my partner, not my slave".

Brenton.

For Brit to question me and then April acting strange I couldn't work out what was said between them but what ever it is, I'm not liking it one bit. I don't like this distant side of April she was bright and bubbly until the conversation. What could be running through that mind of hers? She always has something going on but personally I am worried.
Sitting at the table, April acted like she was her usual self but I could tell by the strained smiles that something is bugging her. I know she speak when she is ready and no one can force her too but it's driving me insane.