21

April

"April speaking" "hi April its nikson" "the call I have been waiting for. Can you tell me who has had control of the cameras?" "I can. Are you able to come down to the station?" "Yes I can do that. I can be there within twenty minutes if that is suitable?" "That's fine April I will see you then" "thanks, bye" "bye".

"Matt I need to go" "where are you off to?" "The station" "they have all the evidence?" "I don't know but they know who had them. I will fill you in once I know" "alright".

"Hi I am here to see officer Ivan nikson" "in regards to.." "hi April just give me a minute and I will come out" "thanks".
stepping back I waited.

"Miss maltri come through" "thank you".
Following Ivan he spoke. "It's all on record speak professional" "noted".
Entering a room I took a seat.
"Miss maltri as you are aware we found cameras in your home. I can tell you we found thirteen cameras" "thirteen?" "Yes. A camera in each room not including the bathrooms" " Do you know who planted the cameras in my home?" "Yes we have found the screen and hard drive in the home of the baxters but we have also checked for finger prints. The finger prints come back to a member of another family as well. The Gomez family" "wait the baxters and Gomez families?" "Yes" "only two people that we know of have been in that camera room but there is three sets of prints on the cameras" "may I ask who?" "Kristene Baxter, Irene baxter and Marielle gomez" "I can't believe this. I had kristene working in my house, I thought I could trust her. Not that I have anything to hide but she invaded my privacy, they all did" "do you know why they would plant these cameras?" "No I have no idea. I haven't spoke to Marielle gomez for over five years and I have had nothing to do with Irene baxter. I gave Kristene a job because I thought she needed the money. She had been working in my home for a year. She betrayed my trust. I'm just not sure why" "okay. how do you know them?" "I am Marielle gomez and Dallas maltris youngest daughter. I had cut contact with Marielle five years ago. I am very close with my father though. As for the other two, I have only heard about them as I said I had kristene working in my home. I thought I was helping her get back on her feet. I believe Marielle is good friends with Irene and kristene is good friends with my older sister Reilly" "okay so there is family connection" "yes unfortunately. I never thought family would do such a thing. Can I ask if my estate is now safe?" "We believe so" "I am thankful".
"April I suggest you get yourself a lawyer" "I already have one" Ivan grinned "I will let you know the court date. We currently have those three in the cells awaiting trial" "can you tell me when that will be?" "We are unsure at this stage but you will be notified as soon as possible" "thank you so much officer nikson" "you are free to go" "thankyou". Nikson turned off the recording and sat back.
"Who is your lawyer?" "Harmony millinger" Ivan smirked "you will have no trouble. Do you need all the information?" "If I can get it please" "sure I will personally send it to harmony. When do you have a meeting with her?" "Monday" Ivan nodded "alright I will deliver it to her" "thank you Ivan, I really appreciate it" "you are welcome. now get out of here, I'm sure you are busy" "quite yes" "the park?" "That too I am in the midst of planning to open a resort for parents and children on the spectrum" Ivan grinned "my niece would love to go there when it opens" "I hope so. Have a good day Ivan" "and you too April".

Sitting in my office on my laptop looking at all the properties around the City more on the outskirts, my door opened up.
"Oh I was wondering who was in here" "only me. Whats up?" "Nothing just keeping an eye on things" I nodded "you left earlier?" "I had somewhere to be but I'm back. If you need anything let me know" "no everything is fine" "I'm happy to hear that".
Hmm this one has a lot of space.
Hearing my phone ring, I shook my head. Oh dad's calling.
Answering the phone, I put it on loud speaker. "Hi dad" "April did you have anything to do with Marielle, Irene and kristene in lock up?" "Yes they had cameras in my home" "what?" "Yep but it's all sorted. the cameras have been removed, just waiting on a court date" "have you got a lawyer?" "Yes I do" "good. Where are you?" "At the park in the office. I am looking for another property" "for the resort?" "That's the one" "I will come down shortly" "that's fine. Bye dad" "bye".
I can see today is just going to drag on.
Finding a property with just under two thousand hectares, I opened the images. Hmm flat ground, lots of space to build and parking. Not a bad location either. I need to inspect it.
"Hello Amira west speaking" "hi Amira, it's April maltri. I am wanting to inspect the property you have up for sale on Bennett road" "three thousand and one?" "That is correct. I am available this after noon or tomorrow" "tomorrow is best, what time suits you?. I am available all morning" "nine a.m" "sure it was April maltri?" "Correct" "okay April I will meet you there tomorrow. Have a good day" "thanks you too" "thankyou".

"Important phone call" I nodded "I found a property I am going to look at it tomorrow" "this is for you" "oh coffee. Thanks dad. Take a seat" "I feel like I am in a meeting" I chuckled "not at the moment but this is where I can find peace in this place, well sometimes. How have you been?" "Good just settling in, in the new house" "that's great" "you mentioned cameras?" Taking a deep breath I nodded "yep. Serves me right for not doing a back ground check on kristene but Ivan nikson was a great help and I now have harmony millinger as my lawyer" "shit she is a good lawyer" "I have never personally dealt with her but Amelia gave me her direct line" "no idea when the court case is?" "No not at this stage. I'm sure harmony will know before I do" "most likely. So when do you get to have a look at this property?" "Tomorrow morning at nine a.m. it's a little under two thousand hectares so perfect for The resort and parking" "that's great April. Have you made any plans up?" "Not finished but yes I have started" "can I have a look?" "Sure".
Opening the file on my laptop, I pushed it towards dad.
Looking at my watch, I shook my head. "Shit i have a video call in two minutes".
Connecting my phone to the large screen, I stood up and faced it.
"Do you want me to leave?" "No that's okay".

"April" "Carl how is everything coming along?" "Great actually Ralph and his crew have been a massive help" "that's wonderful can you give me..." Hearing the door open I didn't even look to who I was speaking to. "Out I am in a meeting".
"A virtual tour please" "of course".

"Wow that's a lot of progress" "it sure is" "I guess everyone has been working hard" "of course" "I'm glad to hear that. Do any of you need anything?" "No we are set" I grinned "if you do, you can call anytime" "thanks April" "no, thank you" "I better go I have a lot to do today but I just wanted to keep that meeting like we discussed" "of course have a good day Carl" "and you too April".
Disconnecting the call, dad spoke "these plans are incredible" "thanks dad. Who came to the door?" "No idea. I didn't look" I nodded. "I will be back" "sure".

"Who came in..oh hi Brenton it was you" "sorry I didn't realize you were in a meeting. I was told to just go in" "its fine. What brings you here?" "Just came to see if you have heard from officer nikson" "I have. I went to the station earlier just have to wait for a court date. Marielle, Irene and kristene are in the cells at the moment" "I'm happy to hear that and it's good to see you looking a lot better" "I feel it, now back with more work" "more?" "I have been doing up the plans for the resort and going to look at a property tomorrow" "where and when?" "Bennett road at nine" "that's great" "if you want to join my dad and I you can come through" "sure"