30

April.

"Hi harmony how are you?" "I'm well thankyou. I have just been given a date for the court case. It will be next Wednesday. You must be present. I also have all the evidence from the station. You have a very strong case" "I will be there. What time? And I am happy to hear that" "nine a.m court room four" "fantastic. Is there anything I need to bring?" "No just yourself" "great thank you harmony" "you are welcome have a good day" "you too".

"Who was that?" "Harmony" "your lawyer?" "Yep. I won't be available on Wednesday" "lately you have been quite flat out" "oh you don't need to remind me. But Sunday has come quick" "only an hour left and we can have fun" "I won't be having too much but I'm quite happy for you guys" "why the hell not?" "I just can't" tommy looked at me curiously "okay what don't I know. I can see you face is getting better but that won't stop you" "just not feeling like it" "no you said you can't. Office, let's go" "who is boss here?" "Matt now move it" I internally grinned but walked to the office closing the door "so?" "Argh I will show you". Removing my jacket I turned around facing away from him and lifted my shirt "fucking hell April" "what the fuck?" Shit that's matt. Lowering my shirt I put my jacket back on.
"How the fuck did you receive that and when?" "Calm the fuck down will you. It's getting better" "Lucas?" I nodded "yeah" "and you didn't fucking tell me. Shit April what are we going to do about today. We could..." "It's still going ahead. I will not be joining for a bit of it but I want you guys to have a blast. Which reminds me, I need to go pick up Adam and christian" "why?" "Because they are coming. I will be back shortly" "alright and take it easy" "it goes no where" the guys nodded.

"Adam oh Adam where are you?" Hearing a laugh I grinned "what is it?" "Come on we are going to have some fun. get your board shorts on" "what?" "Staff free day at the park let's go" "give me five" I nodded.

"April?" "Christian lock it up I am coming to pick you up" "expected. See you soon" "you will".

"Ready?" "Yep" "let's go I need to go pick up christian as well" "christian?" "Yep. I have to pick him up from the pub. He is closing it as we speak".
Walking out side I opened the garage. "take your pick Adam?" "What the fuck" I chuckled "which one?" "Oh definitely this beauty" I grinned as he pointed to the Evo "alright here" "what?" Throwing Adam the keys he looked at me wide eyed. "you can't be serious" "I am. Get in" "hell yes".

"Hey guy.. April what the hell? you are letting him drive?" I grinned "yep letting him drive my baby" "one of" "oh no this is my favorite" "shit".
"Let's get going" "yes ma..April" I chuckled.

Arriving at the park Adam parked it in the far car park away from everyone else making me grin "paranoid Adam" "yes I don't need you killing me" "you will live..maybe" Adam handed me the keys and we got out.
"Whose car is that?" "Mine" Brenton smirked "like the fast ones?" "Some times. Let's go have some fun" "come on" christian Tapped my back making me want to crumble. Trying to hide it as best as I could, I coulda see the worry in brentons eyes and I shook my head to say no don't say anything.

"And everyone is here. Let's go" I chuckled.
"Have a blast guys I am going to have a drink" "You aren't using the equipment?" "Maybe but I really want a drink. Pizzas are scheduled to be here at six go nuts".
Seeing everyone go running, I sat down at the bench seat near the office just looking around. "I bet that hurt" looking behind me Brenton came walking over "yeah.. just a bit" "how's it healing?" I shook my head "it looks a lot worse than it did" "what?" I shrugged "it will heal" Brenton raised my shirt then dropped it again "nuh I can't look at that" "you raised it" "I wanted to know how bad it was" I nodded "I have a court date" "when?" "Wednesday nine a.m" "I would like to accompany you to the courts" "that will sit well" Brenton smirked "good".
"You are still having dinner with your dad tomorrow night right?" "I believe so I will give him a call".

Dialling dad's number I put the phone on loud speaker.
"April" "hey dad" "one more day until my favorite turns twenty seven" I chuckled "I was just calling to find out if we are still having dinner at my place tomorrow?" "Id love too what time do you want me there?" "I will make dinner for six thirty. I also have a court date. It's on Wednesday at nine a.m" "I will be there supporting you" "thanks dad".
"What are you doing?" "I am at the park. The staff are running wild on the park" dad laughed "I'm sure they are having a great time. I will let you go but I will see you tomorrow" "okay dad. Bye" "bye".

"Any idea what you are planning to cook tomorrow?" "Hmm Im thinking a lamb roast. I haven't had one in quite sometime" "gravy?" I grinned "and white sauce" "mmm yum" I chuckled "I take it you like a lamb roast, veg and both sauces" "yeah it's good but the meat can't be fully cooked. A little bit of red in the meat is good" "I agree".
"What are your plans for the rest of the week.." "sorry one sec" Brenton nodded.
"Hello April speaking" "April it's Stan" "I knew the voice straight away. how are you?" "I'm always well. When are you free?" "Dad would like to join so I will speak to him" "please let me know. It has been a long time" "it sure has. Give me ten and I will get back to you" "alright bye".

"April?" "Sorry dad I just received a call from Stan. When are you free?" "Everyday I'm a free man" I chuckled. "I am free Wednesday evening does that suit you?" "Yep" "alright I will let him know" "okay bye April" "bye dad".
Shaking my head Brenton laughed "shh".

"April" "Stan does Wednesday evening suit you?" "It does. When and where?" "We can do it at my place. You have my address on the contract" "I do" "well you know where to find me" Stan laughed "what time?" "Let's say five. I will put a barbeque and drinks" "perfect. See you then" "alright bye" "bye".

"Argh sometimes I wish I could turn the thing off" Brenton grabbed my phone and turned it off. "you can" shaking my head I put my head down on my arms "had enough huh?" "It's been a hectic two weeks" "five years by the sound of it" "yeah.. and it's only going to get more hectic" "you need to take a break" "I can't take a break Brenton. I have a business to run. A court case to appear at. plans to finalize and then when the land is available, the build will start.

"Matt... At the front of the park.. yeah if you can.. thanks".
"What are you doing?" "Getting you your break. Tomorrow is your birthday. You are going to sleep in, relax, eat, relax, eat, relax and then sleep".
"Brenton and April" "hey are you able to take full control tomorrow while this one rests" "of course. April you good?" "Just need a break" "all you have to say is matt take control" I grinned not that he could see. "Thanks matt. it will be good to have a rest day" "you should've been resting ages ago by the looks of your back" "you have seen It?" "Yes she was showing tommy and I walked in" "bad huh?" "Yes but this one is stubborn" "oh I see you just want to avoid everyone for your birthday" I chuckled "no that's not the reason we can celebrate another day" "yeah we will be" I chuckled.
"Want another drink?" "Hmm yeah one more" "only one?" "I drove the Evo" "out of all cars you chose to drive that car" "actually Adam drove it here. That's the car he chose to drive. although he didn't know at the time that he would be driving it" "you let him drive your prize possession" "yep" "I need a drink" I chuckled "well go get them" "Brenton?" "Yeah thanks matt".
Feeling brentons hand slowly run up and down my back, I just relaxed at his touch. "You keep doing that and I will fall asleep" "like last night" "hmm yep" Brenton let a small laugh slip "now I know how to make you relaxed" I nodded on my forearm.
"Oi no sleeping on the job" "I'm the boss" "nah.. I believe I am. now sit up and take this" I lifted my head smirking at matt. "You are lucky I like you" matt grinned "I know".