15

April

"Oi why haven't you been at work?" "I have had things to do. I have heard everything has been running alright" "it has" "glad to hear that. One sec".
"Dad" "April are we still catching up today?" "Yes of course have you decided on a place?" "Gregory's" "great at one?" "Yes" "okay dad I will see you then" "bye" "bye".

"Meeting with Dallas?" "Yes I have been meaning to do it all week but there have been a few problems at several locations and on top of that, I have been trying to get things done here" "how's the guest?" "He is fine he has been landscaping around the property" "that is good. I want to speak with you if you have the time" "of course what's up?" "The other day at the meeting, I want to apologise. You are right he did. We all make mistakes. yes his was massive but the drugs took over and I know they can do it. He has also helped us all in the past. I have just been worried" "I know you have and I appreciate the concern but I can guarantee you that he is back to his old self" "I dont doubt that" I nodded. "Has Lucas spoke to you?" "Nope havent heard from him. He walked out after you and I haven't seen him since" "give him a few days" "I don't get it troy. I understand he is pissed off but shit, Adam hasn't been anywhere near him. I was originally going to get Adam to work at the park but I thought I better keep him away from the others for now" "he is worried about you like I am" "he has not crossed the line once and is working hard" troy nodded "alright well good news is Brit has changed the board for the end of the month so that's all set. everything else has been running well, no lost kids, no equipment issues etcetera" "thanks for letting me know I have already bought the alcohol and ordered the pizzas. Hopefully there will be plenty for all" "I'm sure you have over ordered like always".
"April?" "Hey Adam how has the morning been going?" "Ahh not.." "shit Brett are you alright?" "Argh fell on the fucking boulder" Adam moved Brett to the table "clumsy I tell ya" "thanks Adam" "that's alright".
Walking over to Brett, I looked at his ankle "you know how to do a good job. give me a minute and I will get Lucinda here" "thanks" "drink?" "Something strong if you have got it" "of course".
Getting a bourbon for Brett I phoned Lucinda.
"April is there something wrong?" "Yes there is I need you at the estate as soon as possible please" "give me ten" "no worries bye" "bye".
"Here Brett" "thanks" "Lucinda will be here shortly I will get you an Ice pack".
"How'd you fall over the boulders" "I was just pulling out weeds and lost my footing. Thankfully Adam has been helping out and could get me back here" I smiled "me too".
"This is for you. Adam and Troy can I get you both a drink?" "Just a water thanks April" "a beer will do thanks" "sure. You two can move" they both smirked.
Hearing a knock at the door I ran to open it.
"Lucinda" "April what's the problem?" "Brett has done something to his ankle. He is in the dining area" "okay".
Following Lucinda to the dining area I moved into the kitchen while she dealt with Brett.
"Heard from lover boy" I rolled my eyes shaking my head "really? Lover boy" "oh we all know he wants you, including you" "I know he told me, it doesn't mean it's going to happen" "well you won't date any of us" I looked at troy wide eyed "what?" "Come on you can't tell me you don't know Connor and Lucas have a thing for you" "okay that's not something I ever expected to hear at all" "you didn't know?" "No" troy ran his hands through his short dark blonde hair "oops" I chuckled "don't worry about it, I never knew and I am going to forget" "you don't forget" "well I am going to try" troy laughed "you haven't been close to anyone since.." "don't" "he was your first and as far as I know only" "ahh troy I'm still a virgin" "WHAT?" i nodded "I'm not believing that, you are twenty six" "I know my age and I Know what I have and haven't done" "holy shit you are serious" "serious about what?" "Well he comes back" "yes and I want to apologise. I was just angry and I'm sorry" "it's fine but just know he is here and if you cause trouble I will kick you out" "how has he been?".
"April?" "Lucinda how is Brett's ankle?" "Fractured" "shit. I will help you get him in the car" "you may need to find another landscaper for a while" "Adam has been helping so he can take over" "well Brett is lucky he was around" "I agree".
Seeing Brett and Adam come out I internally grinned "any excuse to have time off Brett" he chuckled "shh don't tell everyone" I grinned "looks like we will be helping your sorry butt to the hospital before I head out" "thanks April I appreciate it" "it's fine just don't make a habit of it" everyone laughed "look I will try not too".
"You are heading out?" "Yes I am" "going to work?" "No I am going to see my dad" "oh fair enough" I nodded.
"Alright let's get out of here. Lucinda will you be heading to the hospital?" "No but Janet knows he is coming" "okay thanks I will send some money through" "no don't worry about it" "thanks. come on cripple let's go" putting my arm under the other side of Brett, Adam and I helped him out to my car "driving in luxury" "no you aren't, you are a passenger" Brett smirked "smart ass".
"I will see you guys later" "coming into work tomorrow?" "Maybe I will see how I go" Lucas nodded "alright see ya" "see ya".
"Adam I can take him from here but thanks heaps for helping him inside and then out here" "it's alright I need to go finish weeding" "stay away from the boulder. I'm busy" he chuckled "will do".

"He is a good hard worker" "I can see that" "why did you hire him?" "He thinks he is working off a debt" "he's not?" "No he isn't. A thousand dollars a week like you and he will be able to rent his own premises" "what debt?" "I saved his life by paying a ten grand debt for him but I don't care about the money I just want to see him on his feet again. He went through a rough trot and has no one or nothing" "how long will he be working?" "As long as he wants to. And it looks like he will be a good landscaper slash gardener but within ten weeks he should be able to rent his own place and buy all he needs" "he knows what he is doing and yeah I agree. You like to help everyone don't you?" "well I am happy to hear that and yes if I like the person" Brett grinned "you like me, how sweet" "don't push it" he laughed.
Arriving at the hospital I parked the car and got out helping Brett to get out and into the hospital.
"April it's good to see you but not under these terms. This must be Brett" "I am" "I'm Janet a colleague of Lucinda's let's get you a wheel chair and out to x-rays" "thanks Janet" waiting for a chair when Janet came back I grinned "riding in style" Brett laughed "yeah I'd prefer your car" "mine" Janet and Brett laughed as I helped Brett into the wheel chair. "Have fun. If you need a ride later give me a call alright?" "Thanks April I will see you later" "bye. Bye Janet" "bye april".
Leaving the hospital I got back in my car and drove straight to Gregory's. I like the place because it's not full of rich snobs and the food is good too. I have been there many times and I will continue to go back.
Arriving at Gregory's, I got out of my car locking it then walked into the restaurant.
"Oh look everyone a celebrity just walked in" I smirked at Arnold "I'm not a celebrity. How have you been?" "Busy but wonderful. Yourself?" "Busy, stressed but still the same old me. My dad and I will be having lunch today I believe he booked it in his name" "name?" "Dallas" "maltri?" I internally grinned "yes that's him" "back table. Seems you two have the same brain. It's the table you always choose too" I grinned "we are similar in some ways yes" Arnold grinned "when he arrives I will send him your way" "thank you".