49

April.

Waking up to my alarm, brentons went off at the exact same time. Turning my alarm off I rolled over only for Brenton to move his mouth to my neck "mmm morning" "good morning. Ready for the day?" "No" Brenton tightened his hold making me grin "we need to get up" "hmm but..argh fine" I chuckled as he let go and we both got up. Walking to the closet, I grabbed myself some clothes then headed to the bathroom. Having a quick shower I got out, dry and dressed before doing my hair. When I walked out Brentons eyes landed on me instantly "one day I will see you in something different" "my lingerie?" To see brentons eyes go wide I smirked "Im going to make a coffee" "wait you cant.." "I did".

Making a travel coffee for both of us Brenton came into the kitchen pulling me close. his dark brown eyes meeting my green eyes instantly. A small cheeky grin sat on his face "hmm I have to say a deep purple would look incredible on you but they would look better on the floor" I grinned "good to know" holding a coffee in front of his face I spoke "I believe this is yours" he shook his head "thank you" "welcome. Ready to go?" "Yes" I nodded and grabbed my keys and phone then walked out. "You can turn from very playful to serious in a second. how can you do that?" "I was being serious" "stop it" I chuckled as I opened the garage.
"April?" Turning around there was zeth "good morning zeth" "for some reason I don't think it will be for you. Matt came here last night but as requested we didn't let him in. He wasn't happy" "hmm explains the missed phone call. Thanks for the heads up zeth. I'm sure I can deal with it" winking at zeth he smirked "have fun won't you" "always".
"April you are going to walk into that place while he is angry" looking at Brenton as I started my car and he started his, i nodded "yes what's he going to do. Yell, scream, have a fit. I will remind him it's my life, my estate and I can do whatever the hell I like" "he wouldn't want to disrespect you" "I can handle it but I will keep that in mind. Now get to work you are going to be late" Brenton chuckled "see you there".

Arriving at ventures when I got there, I pulled up beside Brenton then got out.
Ethan will be here in thirty minutes and I need to get ready.
"Ready?" "Always" Brenton nodded.
Entering the office matt stood up and I put my hand up. "Morning everyone" hearing morning from all, I internally grinned.
"Brit I have Ethan turner arriving at around eight a.m can you please show him to my office?" "Of course. How have you been?" "Better now I have had a break and time to myself" "I'm glad to hear that I'm sure you are full of energy again" "sure am. Tommy has everything been sorted?" He looked at me curiously then nodded "yep all done" "glad to hear it. I better get into the office I need to sort out some paperwork" "I will see you soon April" "you will" Brenton grinned as he walked out the door and I headed to the office. Closing the door I grabbed out some paperwork I need for the interview and sat down opening my laptop. Sipping on my coffee I shook my head. Standing up I grabbed my phone calling Brenton "April?" "Meet me half way" "what's wrong?" "I have your coffee" he laughed "sure".
Exiting the office, I walked out towards the back of the park. Seeing Brenton come my way he had a cheeky grin on his face. "If you weren't so busy stirring me.." "whoa there you came out trying to do that to me" he smirked "okay maybe you are right" "geez I can't handle distractions. How could you do that to me" "just as easily as you do me" "here" "there you go" "thanks. See you soon" "oh you will" I grinned. Turning and walking away Brenton pinched my ass "yep definitely soon" I chuckled "have fun Brenton" "oh I will".

"Hi I am here to have an interview with April maltri" "perfect timing Ethan come through" walking to the back room I let Ethan walk in then closed the door behind him.
"How are you ethan?" "Over dressed by the looks of it" I smirked "correct. But expected it is an interview. If you get the job, I prefer you to wear something casual and comfortable" "that I can do" "glad to hear it".
"Why do you want to work here?" "I enjoy the faster side of life" I nodded "I would ask if you have had a position similar but unless you have worked for a carnival the answer would be no" "I haven't but I want something fun" "well this place is full of it. Reason why I opened the place" "you are the owner?" "Correct. Most of the people that work here I class as family" seeing the door open matt walked in. "Matt?" "Oh I'm sorry" "Ethan this is my second in charge matt. Ethan is here for an interview" matt nodded "I will let you talk sorry for interrupting" "thats fine".
"Sorry. One of the people I class as family. Are you working elsewhere Ethan?" "No" "and what happened with your last job?" "I told my manager to shove it up his ass" I chuckled "honest" he nodded "you seem like you will fit in well here. We are open seven days a week but I am looking for someone for six days. there are fill ins for every position for your day off. Are you up for working six days?" "Yes I am" "good to know. Have you got a resume with you?" "I do" Ethan handed me his resume. I didn't exactly need to look at his past jobs but check his name. "Give me one sec okay?" "Sure" grabbing my laptop I searched his name up in the data base. "You have been charged with theft?" "I was young and dumb. I stole a pack of chips and a chocolate bar" I couldn't help but laugh "sorry I couldn't help it" he grinned "it's fine. I find it entertaining now" "did it teach you to be honest?" "Very" I nodded. Nothing else showed. He doesnt have connections with the higher side so I am happy.
Closing my laptop I looked at Ethan. "I will show you the ride I'd like you to run, if you are successful. Brenton will be able to tell me after he has made you do a few runs. Are you happy to do that?" "Yes" "well let's go".
Walking out no one said a word just looked at Ethan.
"Remove your jacket" Ethan looked at me curiously "you have jeans on and a plain white shirt underneath you will fit in a lot more" he grinned and removed it.

"Wow this place is lively for eight thirty in the morning" "it only gets more packed".

Seeing Brenton I grinned as I walked up the stairs. "Brenton" "hey April" "having fun?" "Always". "Brenton this is Ethan. I have had an interview with him this morning in regards to your position" Brenton had a small grin on his face. He already knows anyway. "can you please show him the ropes. I'd like to know how he goes. I said you could show him and then give him some time to practice. If he is any good he is hired" Ethan had a grin on his face while Brenton nodded "I can do that April. How many runs would you like him to do?" "I will leave that up to you. You are the operator" "okay".
Standing back Brenton was explaining absolutely everything to him in detail as he handled the ride. I better leave him to it.
Walking back down the stairs I looked around the place then went to say hello to a few of the staff before heading back to Brenton and ethan. Watching from the bottom he looked like he was doing well. When Brenton spotted me he grinned. A grin I have only ever seen him give me. It's not only from his lips it's in his eyes too.
Seeing him nod I walked to the stairs and headed back up. "How is it going Brenton?" "He has been great. Picks things up very quickly. he has done the rides for the last hour without a fault" "that's great to hear. He will need to be shown the manuals as well" "I have already shown him while he has been working" I grinned "well Ethan looks like you can hand back the controls and Brenton thank you" "you are welcome".

"Looks like you have a job Ethan" he grinned "thank you. Brenton handed me the manuals. I will make sure to read over them again" "that's great. So the big question is, when would you like to start?"