♥︎Jaemin♥︎

09.07.2021
Word count: 1507

Y/N POV

I walk into the supermarket. I was looking at my checklist for what I needed. I looked around to see if there's anything I needed that's on my list. "Excuse me, do you work here?" I ask an older male. "Yeah I do... woah." He suddenly gasps as he looks at me. "Sorry is something wrong?" I ask. "No it's just you look incredibly much like... like omg what was her name? Anyway she was a royal until one day she disappeared and no one could find her, all they found was her missing tiara near the ocean."

I laugh. "No why'd I be a royal? But what I wanted to ask is if you know where I could find the spices?" I ask him. "Oh yeah it's just here the 2nd isle to your left. If there's anything else just ask me." He smiles. I thank him before going to the spices. Now I need some vegetables and the chicken. I got everything I needed and went to the checkout. I payed for my groceries and went back to my new apartment nearby, I could easily walk there.

On my way home I bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry please forgive me." I bow. "No it's alright... hey you know you look like that royal princess?" The lady says. "What? No that's not me, why does everyone keep asking me that?" I sigh. "Oh sorry I have to go, I'm in a rush." The lady had already left. What is it with everyone? I love to a new town and everyone thinks I'm a royal. I finally arrived at my apartment building. I see the elevator closing. "Hold the elevator please!" A hand holds the door, they opened again. "Thank you so much." I smile and get in.

"You're new here?" The guy asks. "Yes I just moved." I tell him. "I'm Jaemin, call me nana. If you need anything just ask me, I live on the 5th floor." He tells me. "I'm y/n and I also live on the 5th floor." I shyly smile. "Oh then we must be neighbours, how great." He smiles at me, it was so beautiful. "You do remind me of someone, is it bad if I say that?" He questions. "Depends of who I remind you of." I chuckle. "It's the lost princess. You know the story?"

"Not you too." I groan. "Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry." He apologises. "No it's just you're the 3rd person saying I look like the lost princess but hello I'm just a regular girl like everyone else. If I was a royal I wouldn't live in this tiny apartment." I say. "Well this royal family is known to live in a regular house as they want to be one with the citizens. So it wouldn't be strange if you were the princess and lived in an apartment." He tells me. "But I'm not okay. I lost my parents at a young age so I grew up with my grandmother a few towns away from here."

"Oh okay, sorry for mentioning." He apologises. The elevator arrived at our floor and we got out. "Nice meeting you... princess." He laughs before getting into his apartment. I roll my eyes and opened the door to my apartment. I get in and take my groceries to the kitchen. I turn on the radio as I put everything in the cabinets or the fridge. "Breaking news, there have been people saying that they've seen our long lost princess today in our town. Some citizens report: I bumped into this girl and she looked exactly like the portraits, I couldn't believe my eyes."

I groan and turn off the radio. I can't believe people reported me as that stupid princess. Who knows for how many years she's been lost. She either is not alive anymore or she got her own family far away from here. A knock was placed on my door. "Jaemin?" I look at him with a questioning expression. "There are some people here who're looking for you." He steps aside and shows a man in suit. "What do you want?" I ask.

"The queen made us look for you. She'd like to meet you." I groan in frustration. "It's an honour but I'm not the princess. I'm sorry but I'm not going." I tell him. "Here's our card, call if you change your mind." He hands me a card with a phone number. "Can I come in?" Jaemin asks. "Sure." I close the door behind us. "So you're new here, can I know more about you?" He asks me. "Like I said I lost my parents and grew up with my grandmother." I say. "What age did you lose them?" He asks me.

"11, I was with them apparently but I don't remember. The car crash made me forget my memory." I explain. "Who told you that?" Jaemin asks. "My grandmother. Anyway curious boy tell me more about you." He thought for a while. "I've always lived here. I went to school with the princess. Her name was, and you wouldn't believe it, y/n. She looked exactly like you. I was in love with her until she went missing. Her parents think she's still alive and didn't drown, they never give up searching for her." He explains.

"Well too bad I'm not her." I say. "Are you sure though? Because from what I know now about your backstory is this: the princess went missing, she ran away from home and probably took a cab out of town. She's gotten into an accident and an old lady saw it happening. She called an ambulance and said she was your grandmother. Since the princess lost her memory the lady told her a story, a fake story. You resembled the princess so she gave you the same name which was her actual name. The lady moved with you to another town so she could live with you without anyone taking you away."

"Jaemin." He raised a brow at me. "Nana, don't be silly. It's way too complicated. I'm just not the princess. "Then you don't mind me calling the guard saying you wouldn't mind a DNA test. I mean what's wrong with taking a DNA test if you're sure you aren't the princess." I roll my eyes. "Nana I'm not okay. Now if you don't mind I need to start cooking dinner." I say. "What are you making?" He asks me. "Chicken with curry and rice and a fresh salad to eat with it." I tell him.

"Aha! The princess' favourite. Her father used to make it all the time, it was delicious!" Jaemin smiles. "You're very close with them I see." He nods. "After y/n went missing I went to their place on a daily hoping they'd tell me she's back. Now I go there every year on the day she went missing." Jaemin tells me. "I'm sorry." I say. "For what?" He asks me. "That you lost your love and she never got found." I say. "Never? Hello, she's sitting right in front of me!" He says and I sigh again.

"No. Stop it, I'm not her and I'll never be her. I'm sorry to break it to you." I tell him. His eyes were glossy, it almost breaks me. "I have to go." He says, all the joy in his voice had disappeared. "No don't. Want some chicken?" I ask him, hoping to cheer him up. "Really?" He asks. "I'm sure it'll be too much anyway." I tell him. "Thank you." He smiles. I finished cooking and we continued talking about something else. We sit down at the dining table. I quietly watch him as he takes a bite.

"This is so delicious and I know you don't want to hear it but it tastes exactly like y/n's dad used to make it." He tells me. I got quiet as I look at him eating. "Aren't you hungry?" He asks me. "Oh uh yes it's just... what if I am the princess?" I ask. "That'd be amazing. I'm sure that your parents would celebrate it and be so happy." The sparkle in his eyes said it all. "So what if I lied and I know that I'm the princess but I just want a private life."

His jaw drops open. "You're kidding right?" He asks. "You're the one trying to convince me the whole time and now you want me to say I'm joking?" I ask. "Okay no but why didn't you just tell me?" He asks. "Because once someone knows my privacy will be gone. The lady I lived with did everything to keep it a secret, she took care of me as if I were her own grandchild. I want to meet my parents again but I want to do it without anyone finding out." I explain. Jaemin suddenly hugs me. "I'll help you, I promise. I'm just so happy you're here again!"

~
A/N: the longest I've done in this book I guess hehe
💚🌱