♥︎Hendery♥︎

30.08.2021
Word count: 1036

Y/N POV

"Look how cute!" I showed Hendery a picture of a dog. "Cute? It looks dangerous, you see it's teeth? And that dark look in its eyes, it's about to attack you." He says. "A German shepherds ain't dangerous." I tell him. "Say that to the police dogs who attack people." He crossed his arms. "Don't over react. It's a softy." I say. "Sure." He looks back at his phone. "What about this one?" I ask. "This one looks like it's living its last days." I sigh. "Do you have a heart? I thought you liked dogs."

"I do, but we've got Bella and Louis and Leon." He tells me. "That are WayV's pets not mine." I pout. "Oh you're thinking of getting one?" He asks. "Yes, adopting one of the shelter." I say. "Why not a cute puppy?" He asks. "I rather give a dog a second chance than let them live the rest of their lives not being picked by a family." I say. "You've got a really big heart! So you want to become a dog mom, cute. But why don't we go to the shelter and choose there?" He asks.

"You want to do that?" I ask. "Yes, but I'm scared of big dogs." I tilt my head. "That's why you said that about the shepherd. Okay we can look for a smaller one who's looking for a new home. You'll be a dog dad right? Together." I smile. "Of course, but I can't forget about Bella or the cats." He says. "We'll see when the moment is there." I giggle. "You won't change my mind." He shook his head. "That said my dad too until my mom brought home a dog. They're best friends now."

We arrived at the shelter and walk in. "Hello, welcome to the shelter what can I do for you?" The man asks. "We're looking to adopt a dog." I say with a big smile. "Sure, is there anything you'd want in a dog or rather not have?" He asks. "He's scared of big dogs but don't mind that, he doesn't live with me yet." I laughed. "But..." Hendery mumbles. "No, I like big fluffy dogs." I say. "Can't we like get something in between? Not too big not too small?" He questioned. "Maybe. As long as it's a friendly dog." I say. "Sure, please take a seat. We'll search for the right dog."

Me and Hendery sit down on the chairs next to each other. "I'm excited. What breed would it be?" I ask. "I don't know." He takes my hand. "Hi we think we've found the right dog for you. Please follow me." I look at Hendery, we both get up and follow the man. We passed all sorts of dogs until we stopped. "This is Dana she's a Shiba Inu. She's full grown so you see she isn't all too big neither is she small." He explains to us.

"Why did they bring her here?" I ask. "The owners we're getting too old and thought it'd be better to bring her here. But don't worry they raised her good and she's trained well, so she's perfectly good to be around families and other dogs." He tells me. "That's great." I smile. "Babe we're just with us two what do you mean?" Hendery chuckles. "I don't know future plans." I cheekily smile. "Can I pet her?" I ask. "Sure, we have outside a grass field where we usually let our dogs out, you can go there and play around to see if she's the right dog."

He puts on her leash and gives it to us, after showing the way we walk around with Dana. "Isn't she cute?" I ask Hendery. "I'm not quite sure though." He tells me. "What do you mean? She's great." I say. "It doesn't feel right. As if she's not the right dog. Maybe there are more." He tells me. "What one?" I ask. "Maybe we do need a big dog, you saw that one we passed? The Great Dane?" He asks me. "He looked very skinny as if he hasn't eaten in ages." I say. "Every dog deserves a second chance right? That's what you said."

"And you said you don't like big dogs." I say. "Please, I want to try." He looks at me. "Sure." We go back inside. "And? Did you have a nice bonding time with Dana?" I sigh. "I'm sorry." I apologise. "No it's alright." The man says. "We were wondering if we could try it with the Great Dane we saw earlier." Hendery says. "Oh sure, but he's on the taller sides you know that right?" Hendery nods. "And I still want to try." He tells him. "Good, I'll bring Dana back to her cage and I'll get Alex."

"Alex is a nice name." I say. "I'm sorry I suddenly changed my mind." He tells me. "It's alright, maybe he'll be the right dog." I smiled. "Meet Alex. He was left alone starving, we found him at an abandoned house." Alex slowly walks closer, sniffling my hand. "Hey sweetheart, can I pat you?" I talked in a baby voice. He sits down and I pat him. "Can I also pat him?" Hendery was hesitant. "Don't be scared he doesn't do anything." I take his hand and bring it closer. "First let him smell then he'll let you pat him."

"What if he bites?" He asks. "He won't, he's a nice doggy. He's just looking for a family that will love him and be with him." I say. Alex smells Hendery's hand and then proceeds to rest his head on his lap. "What is he doing?" He asks. "You can pat him, he likes you Hen." Hendery relaxes and starts patting him. "Can we take him?" He asks me. "We'll make sure you'll never be hungry again." He says. "We'll adopt Alex." I say looking at the employee. "Sure I'll get the documents ready and in a few days you can come pick him up." Me and Hendery smiling at each other. "Our own dog family." He hugs me. "I'm happy you changed minds on taking a bigger dog."

~
A/N: you're lying if you say Hendery is not the cutest human
💚🌱