♥︎Hendery♥︎

19.02.2022
word count: 1004
TW: angst, self harm
~

Hendery pov

I walked higher and higher up until I reached the top of the hill. A place I always go to clear my mind but someone else was already sitting there.

"Do you mind if I sit here too?" I asked politely. "Sure." She looks away. She was seated on the grass with her knees against her chest, her head resting on her crossed arms.

I believed to hear her cry, I turn my head but her back was facing me. "Are you okay?" I ask her. "I'm fine." She always answers shortly and doesn't look at me.

"The real answer now please. I know I'm a stranger to you but you can trust me, I could maybe even help." I get up and sit in front of her.

"I don't know what to say. It's hard to explain." She looks out in front of her, finally facing me. The girl was indeed crying.

"Let's start with your name, mine's Hendery." I give her a small smile. "Y/n." She tells me. "That's a pretty name for a beautiful girl. So you're feeling down?"

Instead of answering with words she nods. "How come did something happen? School, work, home? Maybe with your family or friends?"

"It's just me." She managed to get out, her voice a little cracked. "It's never just you, you believe it is but it's not." I tell her.

"But it is me, I feel so sad, stressed, lonely, empty yet in pain. Those are my feelings." She tells me. "True but most of them can be caused by something or someone else. Stress doesn't come from you, something's the cause for that. Do you work or go to school?"

"College and a weekend job." She tells me. "That must be a lot to take in, many tasks and then a job, barely any time for yourself. That can be the reason you're so stressed."

"You're not quite helpful." She says. "I realised that too but just give me a few more minutes. You're probably sad because you're feeling lonely, all the work and school barely gives time for you to be around with friends and family. But you've got me now, I want to be here as a friend and help you and make you feel a little less lonely."

Y/n rolls her eyes. "Come on, I know you're happy about having a new friend like me." I joke around and I started to see a smile, just for a second but it's something.

"How come the emptiness and pain?" I asked. "I don't have anything to hold on to, everyone leaves me behind, I lose all I have left. That's why I'm empty."

"I won't leave you behind, I can promise you that. But then you have to promise me to stay." I hold out my pinky finger. "Are you a kid or something?" She questioned me. "Just a young soul." I shrug but yet she interlocked our pinkies.

"That's a promise that can't be broken alright." I cheerfully tell her. Y/n smiles and her crying had stopped. "That's a beautiful sight." I complimented.

"What is?" she asks. "Your smile, that happy face of yours." I tell her. Y/n stops smiling. "What's wrong? I just gave you a compliment."

"I don't know how to react or say to such things." She says. "Just say thank you and accept that compliment." She shook her head. "That doesn't feel right."

"Can I give you a hug, maybe I can cheer you up with that again." I had already opened my arms to hug her and she gladly accepted it.

When letting go I noticed her sleeve being lifted a bit, her arm covered in scars. A long silence follows and y/n's eyes were full of panic.

"I don't hate you, neither am I freaked out about it. It's a story you take with you. You want to know a secret of mine?" I asked her.

Y/n slowly nods. I take off my sweater leaving me in a short sleeved t-shirt. "I have them too but they're already healed. I mean not fully healed, you can still see them but that's all."

"Why are you showing me this?" She asks. "Because I want to show you that with the right people around you who can help you on the journey of self love and acceptance, you can get out of this cold and dark bubble. I want to be part of that journey, because I don't want other people to go through the same."

"Stop it you're going to make me cry again." She looks away. "Y/n if I can get through it, you can as well. It'll just be a long and wild rollercoaster but you can do it." I take her hand in mine.

"Can you stay here with me a little longer?" She asks. "Of course." We sit closer to each other, her head resting on my shoulder. "Thank you." She tells me.

"For what?" I frown. "For all this, sharing this part of yourself and wanting to help me. Being there for me."

"It's the least I can do. I saw you struggling and wanted to be there for you, I have to I mean it'd be cruel letting someone cry alone and do nothing." I explained to her.

"You know, I come here often to clear my mind and then I usually scream and then lay down and watch the clouds... or stars, depends on what time. You should try it too." I tell y/n.

"Just scream?" I nod in response. "As loud as you can. Let all the anger and sadness out, no one can hear you."

Y/n screams loudly, I followed and did the same. It just ended up with both of us laughing at the thought of two random strangers yelling at the top of a hill.

"Friends?" She asks me. "Forever, promise!" I tell her.

~
A/N: it's been a while since I wrote one of these and somehow I feel like it's always my angst imagines being with Hendery... idk how that happened but it works out

💚🌱