♥︎Jaemin♥︎

02.01.2022
word count: 963
~

y/n pov

There was a knock on my window which scared me. Popcorn all over my bed now as I jumped up from it. This was not the right timing for someone to knock, I was just watching a horror movie.

I open the curtains and see Jaemin. I roll my eyes and closed the curtains again. We recently had a fight and it was still not cleared out.

Jaemin knocked again. I tried to watch my movie and ignore Jaemin but he called me on my phone. "What do you want?" I asked.

"To talk with you. Can you come outside?" He asked. "No." I shortly answered. "Please."

"I'm mad at you, why are you trying so hard?" I asked. "Because I love you." He tells me.

I end the call and take my shoes and phone. I open my window and see Jaemin waiting next to his car. I sneak out of my room and get down to him.

"You love me?" I asked. "I really do." He tells me. "Then why do you forget one date night and drop me for your lame friends?"

"How many times do I still have to apologise? And they're not lame." I squint my eyes at him. "You're still putting them first."

"Yes they're my friends and have been for longer than I know you." I turn around and walk back to the house.

"Y/n, no don't go yet." He holds my hand and pulls me back. "I don't want to stay here with you!" I push his hand away.

"Y/n we can't keep fighting like this." He groans frustratedly. "You know what? You're right. We can't keep fighting like this."

"Thank god, let us tal-" I interrupt him. "I'm breaking up with you." I tell him.

"What no you can't do that y/n." He says. "Yes I can and I did. It's obvious that everything and everyone else is more important to you than I am. A relationship is supposed to be with more than one."

I turn around and walk back to the house. I climb up again and get into my room again through my window.

"What were you doing outside?" My sister asked. "I broke up with Jaemin." I tell her. "Oh my, come here." She takes me into a hug.

~
jaemin pov

"How are you doing?" Jeno asked me. "Good, why'd you ask?" I frowned.

"Haven't you seen it yet? Never mind." He shook his head. "Jeno tell me, what's going on?" I asked.

"No it's nothing." He shook his head. "What is it about?" I asked. "Y/n posted a new picture, I thought you might've seen it." He tells me.

"She blocked me on everything once we broke up. Did she post anything?" I asked curiously. "I don't think you should see it."

"Jeno." He tried avoiding eye contact. "Alright, but you're not going to like it." He took his phone and looked it up again.

A picture of y/n with another guy, her new boyfriend perhaps. They look happy. "Good for her." I said.

"What? Aren't you angry?" Jeno asks. "Angry for what?" I asked. "She moved on so quickly. It's as if you two haven't even dated."

"It wasn't going good between us so I understand. She's happy now. So be it." I tell him.

"It's okay to not be okay, you know?" Jeno tells me. "I am okay, really. I have moved on, just haven't found anyone yet."

"Alright, I haven't said anything." We both laughed afterwards. "Let's get to working now."

~
y/n pov

Me and my boyfriend walk into the cafe. It was a little busy but through all the people I managed to have eye contact with the one I didn't expect to see.

"Are you sure about this place? There's a lot of people." I say. "Don't be silly, look there's a table free. Take a seat, I'll order." He tells me.

I take a seat at the empty table. "Oh sorry let me clean this first." Jaemin came to wipe the table.

"Are you going to act like you don't know me?" I questioned. "I can live with that." He says.

"If you're being like that then you could leave." I tell him. "That will be difficult because I work here." He tells me.

My boyfriend sat down next to me. "Is something wrong here?" He asks. "No not at all." I shook my head.

"I hope you're happy with him now." Jaemin faked a smile and walks away.

"What did he mean?" I look away. "Y/n could you please answer me?" He asked.

"We used to date but I broke up with him. I didn't know he worked here, sorry." I apologise. "Don't be sorry for that, you couldn't know. But if you want to go we can."

"No no, it's our date we shouldn't let anyone ruin it." I tell him. "Alright."

jaemin pov

"What now?" Jeno asks as I walked behind the counter with a deep sigh. "Look who's here with her new boyfriend." Jeno scanned the cafe.

"Oh. Awkward." He whispered. "You don't have to make it worse." I remind him. "If you want to take your break right now, you can."

"But it's busy." I said. "Everyone's gotten their orders already, I can handle it for now." He tells me.

"Sure, thanks man." I take off my apron. "Wait Jae. Have you ever thought it could be a 'right person, wrong moment" thing?"

"You think that that's the situation?" I asked. I take a glance at y/n's table. She looked at me the same moment but quickly turns her head.

"Maybe it was." I say before disappearing into the kitchen taking my break.

~
A/N: a not so happy ending I'm sorry but sometimes that also gotta happen in stories, am I right?

💚🌱