♥︎Haechan♥︎

18.08.2021
Word count: 1101

Y/N POV

I was writing as I suddenly hear my name being called loudly. "Y/N BALL!" I look up from who the voice belonged as suddenly a ball hit my head. "Oh god are you okay?" A boy I've never met again asked. "I'm alright." I rub my forehead. "That's going to bruise. Want me to take you to the nurse?" He asks me. "I'll be fine thanks." I smile at him. "We warned you." Jeno tells me. "You know my reflexes suck." I glare at him. "That's true, are you okay?" He asks me.

"Yes yes." I tell him. "Good we don't want to drag you to the nurse's office again." He laughs. "Again?" The boy asks. "It happens quite often." I tell him. "Oh and you are?" Jeno asks. "I'm Haechan, new student. I was here when she got hit by this." He hands the ball back to Jeno. "Thanks." He takes it and runs back to the field. "Jerk, guys like him always think they can do anything." Haechan sits down. "He's my friend." I say. "Oh I didn't know. Sorry, please don't tell him I said that."

"Don't worry, I'm also not a big fan of sports. But I've been friends with him since forever so I'll have to accept it." I explain. "And are you two dating?" He asks, I burst out laughing. "Hell no! Jeno's not even my type. Everyone at school thinks I'm crazy to say that but it's just straight facts." I say. "You're so funny." Haechan laughs. "Really? No one thinks so." I say. "But you are." He says. "Thanks. So if the new guy doesn't like sports what does he like?" I ask. "Computers and mostly gaming." He tells me. "Oh nice I guess? I wouldn't know, I'm also not a gaming type of girl."

"Then what type of girl are you?" He asks me. "The one who quietly sits in the corner, reading and writing." I tell him. "You write? What type, stories, poetry,..." he asks. All sorts of things. "Next to reading I also like to cook and bake so I sort of have my own cook book." I giggle. "That's cool! You think of publishing any of that?" He asks. "Maybe one day, but I'm scared that no one would like it." I explain. "Maybe if you lend me the cook book I can try making something and if it's good then you shouldn't be scared and just publish it." He tells me.

"I made these things myself, I know the food's good." I say. "Okay, if you don't want me to read any of your works it's fine. But then you'll never know if it's good enough to publish or not. I mean I know some guy..." he trails off. "Who? Tell me please!" I ask. Haechan smiles. "I first want to read it." He says. "Fine I'll make sure to show it to you tomorrow." I tell him. "Great!" He says happily.

"Here you go." I hand an USB to Haechan. "What is this?" He asks me confused. "That's the cook book." I tell him. "I can't wait to make some delicious food." He holds it close to him. "You can cook?" I ask. "Of course I can." He tells me. "Alright then, send me pictures of the finished meals." I tell him. "I sure will. And if one day you become rich and famous don't even dare to forget about me and give me credits." I laugh at him. "I won't forget about you I promise." I tell him.

"Close your eyes!" I covered my eyes with my hands, waiting for Haechan to tell me I can watch again. "Open." He says. I look at a book in front of me. "Happy birthday!" He tells me. "What is this?" I ask. "Remember the usb you gave me a couple months ago? Yeah I tried your receipts and my whole family loved it and when I told my dad it was your cook book he and I decided to publish it for you." He smiles. "You what?" I ask. "Isn't it great? This is the first copy soon there will be more and then they can get sold at stores."

"And you didn't think of informing me first?" I ask. "It's as a birthday gift, your 18th birthday. Today congratulations!" He smiles. I get up and walk away. "Y/n!" Haechan wanted to come after me. "Let her go, I know her, going after her won't help." Jeno tells him. I freshen up at the restrooms and when I came out Jeno stood there. "Happy birthday." He hands me a brownie from the cafeteria. "You should've stayed with Haechan, I'm not in the mood to smile." I say.

"Don't be mad at him, he tried to do something good." He says. "Without making sure if I'm alright?" I questioned. "But you should see what's written inside." He gave me the book again. "No." I turn around and walk the other way. "To the sweetest, funniest and most talented girl I know. I love you. Please accept this gift for your birthday, I'm sure you'll make it big. From your dearest Haechan." Jeno read out loud. "He confessed to you through this, he did his best to get this for you. And if you really don't want this published you can maybe talk with him and his father about it. This is just a first copy." Jeno tells me.

"He really wrote that in there?" I ask. "Yes you can see." He gave me the book. I opened it and he had put a handwritten note between it. "He loves me." I say. "And you love him." Jeno nudged my shoulder. "How do you know?" I ask. "I've known you for 18 years now, I know the way you look at him is more than just a friendly look." He says. "Damn Jeno." I roll my eyes. "Go to him now."

I go back to the cafeteria and see Haechan sitting alone. "Here you are." He turns his head to face me and I kissed him on the lips. "What are you doing?" He asks surprised. "This." I showed him the note in the book. "Oh that, sorry about publishing without your permission." He apologises. "So what, I love you too Haechan!" I tell him, both of us smiling like crazy. "Thank you." I whispered to him. "You're worth everything so this is just a small thing." He tells me. "It means more to me than you think." We shared a hug.

~
A/N: yooo why's there suddenly happening so much in ncity? Like it's not much but also a lot at once... if you know what I mean
💚🌱