♥︎Renjun♥︎

06.07.2022
Word count: 893
~

Y/N POV

I kick off my heels and let myself fall back on the couch. "Now tell me what's going on."

I give Renjun a confused look. "What do you mean?" I asked him. "Ever since we left the restaurant you've been giving me the cold shoulder."

"I have not." I denied him. "You so did! Tell me what's going on because I can't read your mind."

"They were so cute and adorable, puppy love, so affectionate and caring towards each other. We don't have that anymore, that love that everyone's disgusted of because it's too much to handle."

"You're upset because we've been dating for so long that it's all natural now? Babe I still care about you and I love you so so much, do you want me to say that to you more often?" Renjun questions.

"That's not it. I just feel like an old married couple when they seemed like a high school love story. I feel like we've gotten boring." I tell him my sorrows.

"We're boring? Don't say that. We can be fun and adventurous, passionate and crazy. Don't let Haechan and his new love, bring your confidence down."

"Look at us, we're discussing our relationships while they're probably doing whatever it is." I crossed my arms.

"We have a longer lasting and strong relationship, we've seen each other's best and worse. We know we can handle everything by now, nothing can break what we have okay!"

"You're right, I'm being just a sulking baby over this." Renjun smiles again. He takes my hand, gets me on my feet and he suddenly starts dancing with me.

"I love you, I really do. I don't like to see you upset about anything, I love it whenever you're in that overly happy and excited mood." He whispers in my ear.

•••
Renjun POV

"Next time we have a double date, try to keep the touching and smooching for the bedroom." Jaemin and Jeno snickered.

"Don't say it like that. What's even wrong with a couple kisses?" Haechan shrugs.

"You two were all over each other." I complained.

"Renjun has a point, whenever you're in love with someone you two are inseparable and just disgusting to look at."

"I did not ask for your opinion Jaemin." Haechan glared.

"But no y/n was getting insecure. She thought we were boring because we aren't like you."

"What can I do about that? I'm not hiding my love because you two are boring." Jeno and Jaemin got up, leaving us two alone to talk.

"We are not boring!" I defended. "Oh come on, when was the last time you two got even caught making out?"

"Is that all you can think about? That's not a healthy relationship." I shook my head.

"You don't get to define what a healthy relationship looks like." He had a point.

"I think I cheered her up but I don't think it's enough. Maybe I need to do something, a next step." Haechan frowns.

"What do you mean? You already live together and have a steady relationship. You two have everything people dream of."

"Propose." I simply state. Jeno started coughing, he had chocked on his water. Him and Jaemin standing at the doorway for a while probably.

"You two switch moods more than Jeno switches socks." Jaemin rolls his eyes and turns around. "That is not true!"

•••
Y/N POV

Renjun had excused himself to the restroom, I turn to the other boys.

"He's been acting really strange lately. Is there something I should know?" I asked.

"I know nothing." Jaemin then proceeds to stuff his face with food. "Don't look at me." Haechan turns his head.

"Jeno. I know you three do know, tell me. Please!" He presses his lips together. "Come on Jeno. What's going on with Renjun?"

"He came over to us to tell us about what happened after the double date with Haechan and his... ex."

"You broke up?" I gasped. "She did, I was being too clingy." He sulked. "And what's with Renjun now?"

"He asked what he could do... he wanted something special for the both of you." Jeno blurts out.

"Jeno shush, no more." Haechan warned. "No tell me, I want to know."

"He wants to... and Renjun is back, yay." Jeno nervously takes a sip of his glass.

"What are we talking about?" Renjun sits down with us again. "Whatever you have planned I do not want it. I do not want anything because you're feeling bad for me."

"You told her I was going to propose?" Renjun gasped looking at the three other boys.

"Proposing?" A silence followed. "I'm sorry." I get up and walk to the kitchen.

"Babe? I'm sorry, I should've thought this trough, talked about it, anything but this what just happened."

"You're also feeling insecure about it, aren't you?" I asked him.

"I don't want to be an old boring couple when we're still so young." I hug Renjun tightly.

"We're not old, we're not boring, and we should stop comparing to other couples."

"I agree." We both smile and lean forward for a kiss.

"Hey is there... oh my!" Renjun and I break the kiss. "I guess I deserved that." Haechan sighs and turns around.

~
A/N: I honestly don't even know what this is anymore sorry lol
💚🌱