♥︎Taeyong♥︎

28.09.2021
Word count: 1205
TW: bullying, abuse

Y/N POV
Age 8

I ran into the park with my mom far behind. "Y/n be careful!" She calls after me. "Yes mom!" I yell back. I reached the playground but saw something horrible happening. Some kids were pulling a boy's hair and pushed him to the ground, kicking him multiple times in the stomach afterwards. "Who are you going to call out for now? Your mom? Hahaha!" They ran off, the last one kicking one more time in his stomach. I was stood frozen, not knowing what I just witnessed or how to react.

"Help." The boy cries out softly. I turn around and run to my mom. "Mommy you have to come quickly! A boy is hurt!" I pull her sleeve. "Kids get hurt so often, plus he is a male he should man up." She tells me. I run back to the boy. "I'm sorry, no one wants to help." I bend down next to him. "Does it hurt?" I ask. "Yes." He groans. "Much?" He nods his head, gritting his teeth from the pain. "My mom said you should... man up or something? Not quite sure what it really means." I say.

"My dad also tells me that." He tries sitting up and I help him. "Where is he?" I ask. "Probably home." He tells me. "And your mom?" I ask. "I don't have a mom anymore." He shook his head and placed it in his hands. "What happened?" I ask. "Leave me alone!" He suddenly screams. "Sorry." I get up and walk away. "Here you are, what's wrong?" Mom asks as I hug her. "I want to go home." I say. "But we just got here." She says. "I want to go home!" I say louder. "Alright."

Age 13

I walk into the cafeteria. I noticed a boy sitting alone on the side. Some other guys walking up to him. "Yah, still alone? Do you still cry about your mother? Or is it about how daddy doesn't care about you at all? Loser." One said. Another took the boy's carton milk and poured it over his food. The third guy pulling his hair harshly. "Eat up rat!" And they left him. "Are you okay?" I walk to him. He didn't answer. "Wait do I know you from somewhere?" I asked. "Wouldn't know where from." He says with no emotion.

"Do you want me to get a teacher? Or new food?" I ask. "No." He shook his head. "But they bullied you." I say. "I just need to man up, now leave me alone." He tells me. That's where I remember him from. "You're the same boy I saw getting bullied at the playground many years ago." I say. "Congratulations you won the first price of I don't care, leave me alone." He gets up and walks away. "At least give me your name. I just want to help." I sigh, why's he so difficult?

Age 18

I was late for school and I rushed into the building. A loud smash against the lockers caught my attention. It was Taeyong. Not the one getting bullied but the bully himself. Ever since high school started he changed, he went from victim to culprit. I don't know what happened that made him change like that but there's no stopping him. It's as if he enjoys other's pain. And somehow he never gets detention, I think half the teachers themselves are scared of him. How childish. But I'm not much different, I'm scared myself. This man he became is just evil.

I was picking between what flavour ice cream I should get when I saw the last melon bar. I reached out for it at the same time as someone else. I look up and see Taeyong. "You take it." I tell him. He coldly stares me up and down before taking the popsicle and paying for it. I decided on an ice cream sandwich. I paid for it and walk outside. Taeyong was leaning against the wall, frightening me. "Why did you give it to me?" He asks. "Because you were first." I say. "That's not true. Is it because I scare you?" He asks.

"What are you saying? No, you don't scare me." I say. "Then why is it when I got bullied before you walked up to me but when I bully others you don't go to the victims to help them?" He asks. "Because before was coincidence." I tell him. "Another lie. You're pretty good at this aren't you?" He smirks. "What do you want?" I ask. "Nothing, just having a chat with you." He says. I pulled myself together and take a deep breath. "Why did you become the bully huh? What happened to you Lee Taeyong?" I yelled out.

"Stop yelling will you. Thanks." He stayed calm. "Answer me." I angrily look at him. "You really still don't look intimidating even if you try to." He chuckles. "Damn it Taeyong answer me!" I slapped him across the face. "Oh god I'm so sorry! Please forgive me." I bow down. "Yah get up! Sit down if you want to know the answers." He says down on the bench and so did I. "My mom passed and my dad became abusive. I've always been bullied because: I'm not man enough. My dad told me to man up."

"So did I when I told you what my mother said, I'm sorry." I apologise. "Shut up." I nod and stayed quiet. "One day I came home and my dad was gone. He left for some girl and I stayed behind. I decided I should man up. I trained myself to defend myself and actually man up." He explains. "That still is no reason to become a bully yourself." I say. "Didn't I tell you to shut up?" He asks. "Sorry." I apologise. "I became the bully once I defeated my own bullies and I seemed to like their pain, seeing them cry out for mercy. It was the best feeling ever! And now 4 years later I'm frightened by the whole school."

"And you should be proud of that because?" I ask. He became quiet. He didn't know how to answer that. "This might sound harsh but with you becoming a bully, did it bring back your mother? Did it give you the dad you always wished for? What did it give you in return? You're still alone Taeyong." I say. He gulps. "I've never seen it like that before." He softly says. "What will you do about it?" I ask. "What can I do about it?" He asks me.

"Stop hurting others and yourself and just become the person you've always wanted to be, because I'm sure this is not what you dreamed of who you'd become as a kid." I say. "And how do I do that? I got nothing." He says. "I'll help you." I say. "Why would you help me?" He asks. "I always tried but I never succeeded to help you. Helping you now will also help me with doing what I never could before." I tell him. "Thank you." He says, I smile at him. "You're welcome."

~
A/N: Goodnight/morning to everyone, stay safe and healthy, stay hydrated, eat well, you're loved and cared for
💚🌱