♥︎Doyoung♥︎

01.01.2022
word count: 1026
~

y/n pov

"Hi." I look up in surprise. A boy sat down next to me. "I've heard you give extra tutoring hours." He says.

"True and you are?" I asked him. "Kim Doyoung." He says with a smug smile. "What do you need help with?" I asked.

"You're good with languages right?" he asks. "Yes. Which one you need help with? I can help with Korean, English, French, even a little bit Chinese."

"French. Yes French I need help with. So when can we start?" He asks. "Woah hold on there. I need to see your grades first to know what to help you with, perhaps a recent test to see what went wrong and what went well."

"Oh, right. I don't have it with me currently. But I can assure you my teacher told me I need to do something about it or I might have to drop this class and choose another."

"That doesn't sound great. I can help you this Saturday. Give me your address and I'll come over." I tell him. "Aaah that's difficult, Saturday is the game."

"You play?" I asked. "No but my friends are and I always go, definitely with the after parties." He laughs.

"Look what's more important, parties or grades?" I asked. "I might be able to miss the game... for once."

"Right, here's my number. Text me the address, I'll see you Saturday at 4." I gave him my number. "Great! I mean I'll text you. See ya." He walked away again.

~

The bell rang and students walked out of the classroom. No Doyoung though and I was sure  this would be his class.

"Ah miss y/l/n, is it about one of my students you're tutoring?" I got asked. "Well a new student came up to me, he said he's failing his class and needs tutoring."

"And which one will that be?" He asks me. "He said his name is Kim Doyoung." I tell the teacher. "I don't have any Doyoung's in my class. This must be a mistake. Are you sure he meant French?"

"I'm really sure he said that sir. But don't worry, I'll talk with him again." I say. "Of course. Have a nice day miss y/l/n."

~

"Doyoung, here you are. Just to remind you about this weekend." I tell him. "Yes, I can't wait... to be tutored and learn more of course." He smiles.

"Do you have your textbook?" I asked. "Someone borrowed it to take notes. I haven't seen them all week yet so I don't know if I have my book back." He tells me.

"Right, I'll make sure to find a way to tutor you. Is it alright if we go over le conditionnel présent? The other students said they're going over that in class." I ask him.

"Yes of course. Seems right as I have a test about it next week." He lied. I figured he was lying since the beginning, I just don't know why.

~

I look on my phone then at the house in front of me, this must be it. I walk to the door and ring the bell. "Just a second!" I hear from the other side.

A few seconds later the door opened showing Doyoung. "Come inside please." He opened the door further for me to walk in.

"We'll go to my room, my brother's down here making a lot of noise." He rolls his eyes. "I'm only watching a movie! Well it's nice meeting you..."

"Y/n. My name's y/n." I tell him. "Leave her alone, come on y/n." Doyoung pulls me up the stairs.

He had his desk set with two chairs. A notebook and multiple pencils ready. "So let's start with Le conditionnel présence." I said.

"S-sure." He nods. "Le conditionnel is based on futur simple but with the endings of l'imparfait." I explained.

"Futur simple, okay noted." He was writing it down. "You do know futur simple right?" I asked. "Yes of course." He nods.

"Then explain it to me." I crossed my arms. Doyoung took too long to answer me. "Tu m'as menti."

"What?" He asks. "You lied to me." I say. "No y/n it's not like that." He shook his head.

"How is it not lying? I literally asked the professor about it and he said he doesn't have a student named Doyoung." I tell him.

"Sorry." He apologises. "Sorry? Is that all? What's the real reason huh? Is it some stupid bet with your fancy friends? Because I'd like to know!"

"It's not a bet. I'm not like that. I just... I don't take French class, but all my other grades are amazing and the tutoring was the only way to be with you and talk, get to know each other." He explains to me.

"Why didn't you just come up to me like: hey I'm Doyoung, could we get to know each other?" I questioned him.

"Because I was too afraid. I never really dated and I was afraid of rejection." He tells me. "Why'd I reject you? If you'd just honest I would've given you a chance."

"I get it I made a mistake, I blew it all up and you don't ever want to see me again. I'm just sorry y/n." He apologises.

"I took a whole afternoon free to tutor you. I don't have anything to do now. If you promise me to be totally honest from now on, I might give you another chance and we could do something this afternoon."

"Really? That's amazing, thank you! And I promise to be honest from now on. What about book shopping and go to a cafe afterwards?" He asks.

"I thought you were the one to go partying?" I asked. "That was just to not sound like I study or read every weekend, like I actually do. But from now on, no lies anymore!"

"Great, shall we go then?" I asked. "Right now? Of course right now. Let's go." He smiles. "Can we hold hands?" He asked shyly. "Yes sure." He holds my hand and we walk out together.

~
A/N: college au Doyoung is such a vibe to me sorry not sorry😩
💚🌱