♥︎Mark♥︎

08.08.2021
Word count: 1113

Y/N POV

I was sitting in the cafeteria. I saw a boy sitting alone, just like me actually. But he was focused on something like some sort of drawing. "Who are you?" Oh no, the school's brat and her minions. "Get away from our table now!" She commands. "I'm sorry I didn't knew that you bought this table. You have some sort of documents that confirm it's your table?" He talked back. How is he still alive? "Get away." She says. "No, if you want to sit here go ahead but I'm not moving away." He says.

Damn he's brave, no one ever stood up for themselves when she's talking to them. I envy him. I wish I could do that, I wish I wasn't afraid. He's probably new. "Hey baby, who's that?" I roll my eyes, her new boyfriend, I wonder how long it'll take before she's dating someone else. "Some brat who doesn't want to leave." She stomps her feet. "Leave now, it's not a question." He tries to look intimidating. From here it doesn't look like it but if he's stand in front of me I'd be scared. "No, there's many more free tables you can sit."

Jaehwa scoffs. "Do you even know who we are? And what's this?" He snatched the papers from the new boy. He looks at the papers then around the cafeteria then eyeing me. I frown and look away. "What are you some stalker? Drawing girls from afar, how pathetic." He laughs. What does he even mean? "Give that back!" The boy stands up. "Why? It's ugly anyway, it belongs there." He ripped the paper and propped it together to throw it like a ball in the trash can. "No, why? Why'd you do that? Just for a stupid table!"

"Let's just go." The brats left after one last push to the boy. I was doubting if I should go to him or not. I get up and go to him. "Are you okay?" I ask, giving him a hand to pull him up. "Thanks." He smiles, he looks so adorable, focus y/n. "Who were that?" He asks me. "The brats. You should stay out of trouble with them. Next time come sit here with me." He follows me to the table where I was having lunch. "But then you give into their will. That's giving them power they don't deserve."

"I don't mind because in the end I'm the one getting a scholarship and they'll beg daddy for some extra money." I roll my eyes. The boy laughs. "I'm y/n." I introduced myself. "I'm Mark. Do you usually sit alone during lunch?" He asks. "I'm always alone. But I'm fine with that, I don't like anyone here, they think I'm weird." I say. "Okay now you might think I'm weird as well." I sigh. "No it's alright. If someone's weird it's me, I'm the new boy who comes from a private school." He tells me.

"Private school, wow that's... cool?" I say questionable. "No it's not, I begged my parents to send me to public school. I made myself get in trouble with my teachers so they had to kick me out." I gasped. "No way." I shook my head. "Yes. I spray painted the school and since literally nothing happens there this was already a big no go." He chuckles. "But you're an artist then." I say. "I'm not that good." He shook his head. "What were you drawing earlier?" I ask. "It was you. You were sitting here simply but at the same time you looked amazing and I had to draw you. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I wish I could've seen the end results but Jaehwa had to act up again." I roll my eyes. "You hate them huh?" I nod in response. "They do this to me everyday." I say. "I'm sorry." He apologises. "No it's alright." I smile. "It's not, they're bullies. But you got me now, with 2 we're already stronger than alone." We both giggle. "So we're friends?" I ask. "Of course. At least if you want to." He says. "Of course." I say happily.

I run into the classroom, Mark was focused drawing and that from this early hour. I sneaked up behind him. "What are you drawing?" He lets out a yelp. "Yo you scared me!" I laugh and sit down. "I was drawing this." He shows me. "It's so good! Mark you should really do something with your talents." I say. "Maybe." He lifts his shoulders. "Shall we eat lunch outside today, it's really sunny." He says. "Um actually I got this note asking if I could go to the back of the school during noon." I showed him. "Oh yeah sure. You know who?"

"No but maybe I got a secret admirer." I giggle. "Oh but who? You don't know, maybe it's a trick." He says. "Mark be happy for me for once please." He sighs. "Fine go." He turns his gaze back to his drawing, not paying attention anymore to me. Class started and we just sat next to each other in silence. This continued through the whole day. "Mark are you okay?" I ask. "Yes, it's noon you should go to that secret admirer." He tells me. "Okay, I see you in class then." I walk my way to the back of the school.

I turn the corner and see the brats. No it's was a trick. "Y/n you came! Hey!" They smile seeing me. "Now we finally got you away from him we can do whatever we want and no one to protect you." They laughed. "How is it being friends with him knowing he doesn't love you back? How much longer can you hold it?" One of her minions asks me. Her hand raises up to slap me. I had my eyes shut, scared for the impact it'll give me. "Leave her alone!"

I open my eyes, Mark stood in front of me. "Who even said I don't love her? It's none of your business anyway!" He says. "Mr Kim, Mark was going to hurt me! Get him to the principal." She fake cries. "Cho to the principal's office and you 3 can follow her like always." They gasped as they made their way to the principal. I hug Mark from the back. "Thank you!" I hug him tightly. "I'd do everything for you." He turns around and smiles at me. "Did you mean it? Do you love me?" I ask. "Yes." A blush creeped onto his cheeks. "I love you too." I hug him again. This time he hugs me back.

~
A/N: hold on... it's already August... how? yesterday it was still January 1st 2020, since then time just stopped kinda but whatever date or time it is just have a good day
💚🌱