♥︎jaehyun♥︎

12.07.2022
word count: 905
~

Y/N POV

"I can't believe he is not here." Mom complains. "He should be with you not his idiotic friends!"

"Mom calm down. I'm also mad at him but I can't stand you yelling in here." She sits down on the chair next to the bed.

"He's the father of your child, he knew you were due for one of these days, he shouldn't be making plans with other people."

"I know. Don't be mad at me for that. Ouch!" Another contraction. "Shall I call the nurse?" I shook my head.

•••

"You're ready to give birth." The phrase I feared for, Jaehyun was still not here.

"No no no no, Jaehyun's not here. I'm not giving birth if he's not here." I shook my head.

"Darling, the baby's not going to wait." Mom tells me. "But I wanted Jae to be here." I started to become emotional.

"I know, I know but I'll stay with you." She holds my hand. "Are you ready? I want you to take a deep breath in and then puff out."

And it all started, hours in labor and now the main part, giving birth.

Many breaths and puffs, tears, screams and sweat all for one little baby.

"I can't do this anymore!" I cried out. "You're almost there." Mom encourages.

"Never again." I shook my head. "We'll see about that some other time." Mom mumbled.

The moment I heard cries that weren't mine, I felt a relief but it wasn't over yet. After the head it was the next challenge, that being the shoulders and the body.

I cried out for dear god, never have I been through such pain. "A couple more pushes, you can do it."

And a couple more minutes later I had my baby in my arms. The baby immediately calming down from the cries, only for me to start again.

"I love you so so much, my beautiful little sunshine." I pecked it's forehead carefully. "So tiny, look at those little hands."

•••

"Where's she? Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry." Jaehyun came closer for a hug and a kiss.

"I'm sorry is all you've got? I gave birth with my mother on my side instead of you, I experienced so much pain and didn't even have the love of my life next to me. The most beautiful moment of our lives that only I experienced because you weren't here!"

"I regret not being here but as soon as you texted me that you were going to the hospital, I immediately got into my car but the traffic was horrible. I feel terrible for not being here and not experiencing all of these moments on your side." He apologises.

"Do you know what hurts me the most? You walk in here asking for me and not even your own child. I'm glad you care for me but what about your own baby?" I questioned him.

He didn't reply, it was so quiet in the room. "I got you the food... oh look who decided to turn up." Mom walked inside.

"Leave." I simply say. "What? No, I just got here. I didn't even get to see..."

"Y/c/n. I don't care, I just can't face you right now." (Y/c/n = Your child's name)

"You heard her, respect her wishes please." Mom steps aside so Jaehyun could walk out.

"Thanks mom but maybe you should go too, I'd like to rest now." I asked her. "Call me when you need me. Love you." She kissed me on the head before leaving.

•••

I got woken up from my nap, it was Jaehyun. Ready to burst out again I stop myself, the nurse had came by for a check up and bringing the baby with her.

Finally having y/c/n close with me. "Are you hungry sunshine?" I got ready to feed him/her. The nurse leaving the room again.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "I can't leave you, both of you. I need to be here."

"I'm really disappointed in you." I tell him. "And I know that, I want to make it up to you whatever it takes."

"I wouldn't know what you could do except being there for us from now on. Whenever we need you." I tell Jaehyun.

"Of course." He takes my hand and pecks it. "I love you." Jaehyun tells me. "I love you too."

"Can I hold him/her after?" I nod in response but y/c/n was still drinking milk.

As soon as y/c/n was done I carefully hand him/her to Jaehyun. "You have to be careful with the head, and he/she still needs to be burped."

"It's alright, I'm careful with y/c/n. Looks just like you." Jaehyun smiles.

"Well that smile is something you both share." I let him know. "With the dimples?"

"With the dimples and the most adorable laugh. But of course he/she sleeps a lot so we didn't get to spend much time together yet."

"You must be tired too." Jaehyun was worried. "I just took such a long nap and I still feel like I haven't slept but that will be our lives from now on."

"I guess you're right. Yay sleepless nights!" Jaehyun joked. "But we get to spend them with you." He looks down at y/c/n with the galaxy in his eyes, pure love.

~
A/N: I did not want to put a name or gender on the baby so y'all can decide for urself lmao anyway it's way too hot here so to anyone stay hydrated!!!
💚🌱