♥︎Jungwoo♥︎

27.12.2021
word count: 1021
~

y/n pov

My phone rang and I picked up immediately. "Look who decided to finally call back after ages." I say.

"She broke up with me, y/n." I hear Jungwoo's hoarse voice, he has been crying. "Woo I'm sorry. I'm coming over." I tell him.

"No I'm a mess, my room's a mess, everything actually is." He tells me. "I don't care at the moment, you're my best friend and you're heartbroken. I'm coming, if you want it or not."

~

I used the spare key to get into his apartment. It was indeed a mess, but that was my last problem at this moment. I go to Jungwoo's room.

He laid on his bed, wrapped in his blanket, staring at the empty wall. "Woo, come here." I sit next to him and hug him tightly.

"Can I ask why?" I asked. "I don't know myself." He shook his head. "But I think she's got someone else already." He tells me.

"How even? Ugh she's such a-" Jungwoo cut me off. "Don't." He shook his head. "But she is! Like really how many times did she cheat and you just forgave her. And then you weren't allowed to see or speak to any girl, not even me. I'm your best friend."

"I know, I'm terrible for listening to her and not see you anymore. Sorry." He apologises. "You don't have to be sorry. But actually I'm glad it's over. Time to move on and find someone who actually deserves you!"

"Are you here to help me get over it or to lecture me on the mistake I've made?" He asks. "Right, let's go out. It'll help you get your mind off of her."

"I don't want to go out." But I had already pulled him out of bed. "Care Bears pyjama pants?" I asked. "I told you I'm a mess."

"Go shower, I'll get an outfit for you ready. I have something in mind that we could do." I smiled. "What is it?" He asks. "You'll see. Just shower already."

I made his bed and cleaned his room a little. Mostly taking the trash out, get the laundry in the laundry basket and put the dishes in the kitchen.

I choose his outfit and placed it on his bed. I continued to the kitchen and start doing the dishes. I don't like a mess and in the past I also did things like this when Jungwoo wasn't feeling well or was simply too busy and I don't mind doing it.

Most of the times when he's feeling better again he'd treat me on a meal at a fancy place as a thank you.

"Really what are we doing that you made me wear this many layers?" He asked me. "Ice skating!" I say excited.

"I can't." He shook his head. "You need to get over these feelings and have fun, yes you can do it." I tell him.

"No I really can't, I've never done that before." He tells me. "Oh well, a first time for everything." I smile and drag him out of the apartment.

~

We put on the skates. "I'm going to break something." Jungwoo says, wobbling as he gets up. "Then you might think of that pain instead the heartbreak. Sorry not the right time to joke about it yet."

I hold his hands to stabilise him. We take little steps towards the ice. "How do you get on? Without falling."

"Like this." I easily get on. I get closer to Jungwoo, taking his hands as he steps with one foot on the ice. He quickly gets the other foot on.

I start skating as I still hold onto his hands, Jungwoo moving forward slowly. "Just do like when we used to rollerblade. Push away and bend your knees lightly to keep better balance."

He nods and starts skating, it went pretty well and he soon let go of my hands. "And now just have fun." I tell him as I skate around.

I just finished a pirouette. "Woo did you see?" His head turned quickly and he lost balance. He still tried to keep still but unfortunately he fell down.

I skate my way to him, "are you okay?" I asked. "Do I look okay?" He questioned me. "Want to rest and have some hot cocoa?" I pull him up. "Yes please."

~

"Two hot cocoa's please." I ordered for both of us. I sit with Jungwoo down in a cozy corner.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked. "Still a mess but you're trying so your best and I appreciate it. Thank you." He hugs me.

"I won't stop until you're happy again." I tell him. "Then I'm guessing on a sleep over for the next coming days."

"Fine with me." I tell him. "Good." He takes a sip of the chocolate milk. "Y/n, we're friends right?" He suddenly starts. "Yes, why?"

"Would you want me to tell you anything even if you know it'll hurt your feelings?" He asks me. "Depends on how bad it is. Oh wait b/n(boyfriend's name) texted me."

I take my phone and read his text. I couldn't believe what he did! I put my phone away and look back at Jungwoo with tears.

"What did you want to say?" I asked. "What did he text you?" Jungwoo asks. "He broke up with me." Jungwoo and I hug tightly.

"My girlfriend... ex-girlfriend cheated on me... with him. I'm so sorry, but I also just know it. I'm really sorry." He repeatedly apologises.

"It's not your fault. They're the ones who cheated." I tried to stop my tears but failed. "Oh ha I'm so idiotic to cry."

"No don't say that, it's alright. I also have been crying since last night. You need to let it out." He tells me. "I hate him." My voice cracked.

"Me too. We'll get your bag at home and then go to my apartment. We'll get over these two, together." Jungwoo says with a chuckles. "Yes, together." We did our handshake and finished it off with another hug.

~
A/N: that was a little sad... oops

💚🌱