♥︎YangYang♥︎

04.01.2022
word count: 1261
~

y/n pov

"H-hi. Um I mean hey there." A boy nervously stood in front of me and my best friend. He looks back at a group of boys before facing us again.

"Y/n, I don't know if you remember me, we have math and history and biology actually together. B-but that's not the point, the point is... would you like to hang out some time? With me?" He asked.

"YangYang right?" He nods his head. "And hang out like what? What are your plans?" I asked.

"I don't know maybe we could go out to the park or something, getting to know each other better." He was insecure in his words but had hope sparkling in his eyes.

"Sure after school today, is that alright?" I asked him. "That's great, yes I'll wait at the... wait we have biology last hour, we can go together. Sorry, bye!"

He was quickly gone to his friends again. "So is that a date?" My friend asks me. "I'm guessing, but he's cute why not."

"Come on he hangs out with those losers, really?" She asked. "Losers? Have you ever actually seen them?" I asked her as we walk to our next class.

"Yes that's why I'm making sure. You should've just gone for someone like my boyfriend, but not my boyfriend. Maybe one of his friends."

"His friends include my two older brothers, no thank you. By the way I'm not one for the basketball type of guy."

"Then what is your type?" She asked. "I don't know, maybe someone like YangYang." I shrug.

~

The school bel rang. I started packing my pencil case and books. "Are you ready to go?" YangYang stood at my table.

"Just bringing these to my locker. And I have to tell my brothers they don't have to drive me home today." I tell him.

"Brothers. Older?" He asks. "Yup. Both Seniors. But one had to redo his year. Let's go." I put my bag on my shoulder.

When walking to my locker I already noticed my brothers waiting. YangYang turned pale and gulps. "They're nice, don't worry."

"Could you go any slower?" The oldest asks. "You don't have to drive me home, I'm going out with YangYang." I tell them.

"YangYang? You're going out with our baby sister?" The youngest asks. "Yes, we're going to the park, maybe ice cream. Getting to know each other. I have no bad intentions, I swear!"

"We're kidding, have fun!" He pats YangYang's back. "But be home before dinner, 8 o'clock." The oldest reminds me. "Alright, bye guys."

I waved them goodbye and drag YangYang with me to the school gates. Once out the doors we feel rain drop down. "Oh no." He pouts.

"I would still like to go get ice cream, we can stay inside to eat." I tell him. "Yes but I don't have a car, nor an umbrella." He tells me.

"Oh. Gotta run then." I laughed. "Wait what?" Before he realised I had dragged him through the rain, running through the streets to the nearest ice cream shop.

"You are crazy, but I like crazy." He pants. "Wait until you've met my family, like more than just my brothers. You know what, enough about family. We're here to get to know each other."

"It's alright, family is part of who you are. Getting to know about them also tells me a little about you." He says.

"What ice cream do you want?" YangYang asks me. "Kiwi." I tell him. "Kiwi? Did not know that's also a flavour." He chuckles.

"It's actually a sorbet but it's good." I tell him. "Cute." He mumbled under his breath. "One kiwi ice cream and for me a chocolate flavoured one please."

"Will be right with you, take a seat." The man says. YangYang and I sit down at a table.

"So if family is part of who we are, tell me something about yours." I asked. "I have a sister and a brother, but I'm barely home. I usually hangout with my friends. They're like a second family."

"Where do you usually hangout then?" I asked. "We have a special place. It's actually Doyoung's home but he made it so cozy so we could all be there. And mostly we're outside as well. Playing ball you know."

"Playing ball? My brothers do basketball, in summer I play around with them. I personally do kickboxing." I tell him.

"Kickboxing? Oh damn. But no we play baseball, that type of playing ball." He explains. "Never done that before."

"Maybe you should play along some time. It's fun and you can get to know the guys, it's a fun hangout." He tells me. "Would be great, it also seems to have stopped raining, maybe we could go after our ice cream?"

"Yes of course. It'd be great taking you there!" The sparkle in his eyes growing whenever he talked about that, it's adorable!

~

"I know what you're thinking. Ew where's he taking me at the back of an alley but that's just where we hangout." YangYang tells me.

"I didn't think that. I'm just happy you're taking me to a place that means a lot to you. Shows me that you have trust in me." I hug his arms as he took me there.

"Here it is, here we play ball. Up these stairs, hangout." YangYang points at a door up the stairs.

"So you play baseball at an alley instead on the field?" I questioned. "Yup, we suggested with the coach to have an official school's team, he said they already have a basketball and a football team so they didn't want more."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure you and your friends are great players." I said. "You've never played right?" He asks me.

"Nope." I shook my head. "Can I show you how?" I frown. "But we're only with two YangYang. I don't know much about this sport but I'm sure you need more people for that."

"True but I can show you how to swing a bat." He tells me. "Do you want to?" He asked. "Yes please."

YangYang went up and came back a little later with a bat. "Are your friends up there?" I asked. "Just Doyoung, but he's busy. He won't disturb."

YangYang showed me how to correctly stand and hold the bat. He stood closely behind me, his arms wrapped around my hands, holding the bat.

"And then from the back, you swing forward. Hit the ball around here and end it just like that." He was explaining it carefully.

"Oi YangYang! Oh you've got a girl with you?" A group of boys ran up. "I thought y'all went to the dinner to eat?" He sighs.

"We're already back. We aren't disturbing right?" Jeno asked, he's in my lecture class and art class.

"Actually you..." YangYang got interrupting. "Are you teaching her to swing? How great! Nice meeting you, I'm Shotaro!"

"Y/n, nice to meet you too. All of you." I say, suddenly getting shy. They were with more than I remembered.

"Oh yeah these are Mark, Haechan, Jeno, Xiaojun, Shotaro, Jungwoo and Jaemin." YangYang tells me. "I'm sorry." He then apologised. "Don't be. They're like your family right?"

"Yes." He smiles. "Can we invite you two up to just hangout? Maybe play some games?" Jungwoo asked.

YangYang looks at me. "I don't mind, really. And I think it's going to rain again soon so we could better get inside." I tell him. "We're in!"

~
A/N: there's so much going on lately and not just with nct, I barely know what to do first. But I guess I'll manage as always
💚🌱