♥︎Jaemin♥︎

13.08.2021
Word count: 1113

Jaemin POV

I see y/n walk in and I suddenly got nervous. My hands became sweaty as my heart picked up it's pace. "Can I have another iced tea?" I ask the bartender. "Are you okay?" He asks me. "Yeah why not, the girl of my dreams just walked in and is with a bunch of her friends having the time of her life when I can't even face her." I say. "And why's that?" He asks. "I embarrassed myself in front of her not too long ago, ever since she didn't say a word to me."

"That's horrible, you could use something stronger than an ice tea." He says. "No you can't do that, I promised not to drink." I say. "Oh you're the driver tonight." I nod. "Then here's your ice tea." He put the glass in front of me. I paid and drank the cold beverage. "Jaemin, why are you sitting here on the side? We should have fun!" Jeno says. "No I'm fine." I shook my head. He looks at his phone. "In less than half an hour it's your birthday, you're going to have fun." He tells me. "It's my birthday but I have to be the taxi tonight huh?"

"Oops? We can call a cab if needed. But please come dance with us." He says. "Did you know y/n's here." I sigh. "She's been ignoring you for days so screw her. Enough other girls here tonight." He pulls me to the dance floor. I decided to just have fun with all of my friends, it's my birthday anyway. "Guys, hey!" Y/n smiles as she saw us. "Hey, how have you been?" Haechan asks her. I awkwardly smile on the side. "Let's go sit there, all my friends are there. We can catch up. Jaemin are you coming?"

"Oh yeah." I followed them. I sat down on the only place available, next to y/n. It was awkward. "Let's go to the dance floor!" Some of her friends said taking the guys with them. "So..." She starts. "Why didn't you text me any time?" She asks. "I was waiting for you to text first." I say. "Oh well, sorry, I was waiting for you and I was scared I'd look too controlling." She apologises. "It's alright." I say. "I'm sorry about your brother by the way." I say.

"He's fine." She tells me. "Good, does he hate me?" I ask. "I'm not sure." She shrugs. "Y/n! Come on let's dance!" One of her friends pulls her away from me. "Can you look after my drink?" She asks. "Sure." I smile and hold her glass covering it. "Why are you not dancing with us?" Renjun asks. "I'm good sitting here." I tell him. "Okay, happy birthday by the way!" He tells me. "Thanks." I smile taking a sip from the drink I was holding, totally forgetting it was y/n's. "Hey, that's mine." She pokes my arm. "Sorry I didn't realise."

"I'm going to the restroom." She tells me. "Wait, are you okay?" I ask. "Yeah why not?" She asks. "You're drunk." I noticed. "No I'm not, just tipsy." She giggles before going to the restroom. I waited for her to come back. "Where's she?" Jeno asks me. "She went to the restroom." I say. "And?" He asks. "I think I can still save it. I might ask her tonight." I say. "I'd say you go man!" He tells me. "Thanks." I smile. "Wait isn't that her over there?" He points out. I saw y/n struggling with some guy hitting on her.

I go up to her. "Jaemin." I come in between her and then man. "Leave her alone." I say. "Or what?" He asks. I sigh and didn't hesitate to hit him. "Or that." I tell him. "Can we go?" She asks me. "But everyone... of course let's go." We hold hands as we walk out of the club. We go to my car and just sit there. "And now?" I ask. "I don't really care, I just want you to stay with me." She says.

"Y/n I'm sorry I got so mad the other time and hit your brother out of jealousy. I didn't have the rights to be like that because we aren't dating yet but I really thought he was like some guy trying to get with you and everything was just going great between us." I ramble. "Jaemin I said it was alright. You're forgiven. And thank you for saving me just now." She holds my hand and fumbles with my fingers. "I just like you so much I actually love you." I tell her. "I love you too." She says it back. I couldn't hide my smile.

"Then will you be my girlfriend?" I ask. "Of course Jaemin." She finally makes eye contact. "Can we get food somewhere?" She asks me suddenly. "Food? It's like 2 in the morning, where do you think to find food?" I ask. "I don't know." She says while giggling. "Maybe I can find a convenience store." I say. "Yay!" She claps her hands. I start the car and we leave the parking lot. "What day are we?" She asks me. You want to know the real date or the date from yesterday?" I ask. "Today today." She tells me. "Friday August 13th." I tell her.

"There's something special today. I know! But I forgot. It must be in my phone." She says. "It's alright. You can check another time." I say. "No I need to know!" She frowns. "Alright, check your phone." I grin, she got my birthday saved how cute. "Oh my goodness Na Jaemin! Why didn't you say anything? I almost forgot!" I giggle at her cuteness. We arrived at a 24h convenience store. "Let's go inside." We get out and walk into the store. "I take this and I want you to choose a cake." She tells me. "No I'm alright." I say.

"It's your birthday. You should eat cake. I want you to." She says. "What about this muffin?" I ask. "I guess you can do that too." She says. "Anything else?" I ask her. "Nope, that's it." I pay for everything and we go back to my car. "We don't have a candle." She pouts. "Y/n I'm alright. I don't need all of it. You becoming my girlfriend is already amazing." I try to convince her. "I got this lighter, make a wish Nana." She smiles. I make a wish and blow the little fire out. "Happy birthday." She tells me before leaning closer and kissing me, I smile and kiss back.

~
A/N: in name of Jaemin's birthday let's flash back to the day I made a whole essay based on Jaemin and his good heart and charity work, the best A+ ever
💚🌱