4. Disciplining Princess Arohi

This one's for the junior ASR (Arohi Singh Raizada)😎😎

--*--

Arnav and Khushi were working in their home-office that afternoon while Kavish and Pari were taking afternoon nap. Sleep and Arohi as it is were hard to go together, so she was downstairs along with Payal-Akash's daughter, Piya.

Arnav and Khushi were aware how much of a trouble Arohi was to Piya. For some reason, Arohi used to find immense amusement in making her elder cousin's life difficult. Though Payal and Akash did not say anything, situation often used to get awkward when Manorama mami came to Piya's rescue. Her being Piya's dadi, she could hardly bear her granddaughter being bullied but then everyone else would just come to Arohi's rescue saying she was little and Piya being eldest should let it go.

To say Arnav and Khushi (especially Khushi) would get embarrassed in situations like that would be an understatement. And those incidents were increasing day by day.

Somehow it was never so tough when Kavish was a baby. He too was naughty and was younger to Piya, but he would hardly bully his 'Piya didi' while Arohi used to do it intentionally and then get away with that incredibly innocent face she was blessed with, courtesy her parents' genes and those big doe-shaped eyes she inherited from her mother, Khushi. It was impossible to stay mad at her when those eyes would fill with tears. And somehow that little devil seemed to be very much aware of this fact!

"Nooooo" Arohi's loud voice caught Arnav-Khushi's attention, followed by Manorama mami's voice

"Call her Piya didi, she is elder to you beta"

"No, No, no! I say Piya" came her adamant reply. It was weird resolve by Arohi because she was already calling Kavish as Kavish bhaiyya and even Anjali's son Pratham as Pratham bhaiyya but only when it came to Piya, Arohi was adamant.

Just then doorbell rang, and HP opened the door to a smiling Anjali and her 3-year-old son, Pratham who had come to visit them that evening

Arnav Khushi also came downstairs by then.

"buaaaaa" saying so both the girls ran to Anjali. She used to pamper her nieces and nephew silly.

"What was happening here? My Piya and Aru were playing?"

"Arre Anjali bitiya, no playing, aru was pooling (pulling) hamar Piya bitiya's hairs (hair) "Manorama mami complained

"Yesh Piya ish(is) silly" Aru said giggling.

"Aru" came Khushi's stern voice who was by the time in hall along with Arnav

"Di, how are you? Accha kiya aap aa gaye, dinner yahi karna ok?" Arnav greeted his sister and told her to have dinner with them

"Haan chote, even Pratham was missing you all and especially his play-buddy Kavish. Where is my baby by the way? And where is my Pari?" Anjali quickly started looking for her nephew and niece

"They are taking a nap upstairs Di, they will be up soon anyway" Khushi informed and went on to cuddle Pratham.

"Ok, till then I will talk to my princesses. Did you miss bua?" she said giving both a hug

"Yeshh I did but Piya did not" Aru again started her antics and piya's face fell. This time Khushi decided to intervene

"Aru, it is Piya didi and stop troubling her" Khushi said in loud voice trying her best to sound angry at her child. It was needed after all. Disciplining Arohi was becoming one heck of a task!

Arohi just decided to ignore even though hearing angry words from her mamma did not settle well with her. She was Arnav's daughter after all, an upset Khushi was something neither of them could handle.

Anjali sensed what was going on. She remembered how Khushi often mentioned her efforts to control Aru's increasing naughtiness

So she decided to try her luck

"Aru, do you love your dada (dad)?" Anjali asked Arohi, sitting on the mat, coming on the level of Arohi's height.

"Yeshh Aru loves Dada" Arohi replied immediately and went on to give a sloppy kiss on Arnav's cheek, as if to prove her point. She was just too adorable. Arnav immediately pulled her to himself and kissed her cheeks and her nose making the little girl giggle

"Awesome! Do you know what your dada calls me, his elder sister?" Anjali asked, not giving in to the adorable bundle

"Ummm" Arohi seemed to struggle to remember. She never paid any attention to how her dada addressed her bua. She just knew he called her princess, and he called her mamma, sweetheart sometimes. She liked how her mamma used to blush at that, making her mamma even more pretty.

Seeing no reply from Arohi, Anjali answered.

"He calls me 'di' because I am his elder sister. Ok, do you love mamma?" Anjali continued and aru immediately gave a bright, toothy smile at the mention of her mother.

"yeshh, my pwetty (pretty) mamma" aru said going to Khushi and giving a wet kiss on each of her cheek

"Aww, but mamma's baby is prettier" Khushi said, melting at aru's antics, pulling her on her lap and both forgot they were angry at each other minutes ago.

Once Arohi was settled on khushi's lap, lying comfortably resting herself against her bosom, Anjali continued

"Do you know what your mamma calls Payal maasi? She calls her jiji. Because Payal maasi is elder sister of your mamma" Anjali tried to make the toddler understand and continued

"And so is Piya. She is your elder sister. What does your bhaiyya call her Aru?"

"Piya didi" Arohi replied pouting. She didn't like how her bua was not leaving her alone

"Very good. And you love your bhaiyya right?"

"yes bhaiyya is coolest! Aru loves bhaiyya" she called him coolest, a word she had recently learned from Kavish himself.

"then why don't you call your sister Piya didi like Kavish does?" Anjali finally finished her questionnaire hoping she succeeded

And she did when aru finally gave up, she had better things to do than answer her bua at the moment, things like cuddling her mother who was busy since lunch time

"ok, sowie (sorry) piya didi" she said pouting and everyone sighed in relief, Khushi felt elated, Arnav felt proud as if his daughter just won a medal while Manorama mami was happy.

Alas, it lasted only a minute when aru said next,

"but she is not coolest" and there we go again! Well, when you have an adorable kid in your house, who is also a little devil, disciplining them is not an easy job! Is it?

--*--

A/N – I know, it was mushy wasn't it? I just can't help it, every time I imagine arshi's daughters, I imagine one of them like this and the other totally opposite (more on her in next). 

Have a happy weekend you guys! and Dont forget to hit that little star to vote and leave reviews 🤗