15. Who is AR's future CEO?

Quick note 1: Thanks for the love you all showed on previous chapter, its my fav too, so far. ❤

Quick note 2: I hear sitara channel started using my fav arshi baby's (Arohi) name for their cringe fest show. After knowing that I was so close to changing her name here but then I thought this story came first and I have made her name combining arnav-khushi's names. I write her character with so much love that I don't want to change anything. So I will just ignore it happened. 🤷‍♀️

--*--

"Mamma, can we please make jalebis?" Kavish's demand startled Khushi. It wasn't like her kids didn't share her fondness for that particular sweet, especially Kavish who occasionally had jalebi cravings. But this was the first time he asked her to make it

"Why beta? We should have some left from yesterday, let me just re-heat them and you can eat abhi ke abhi" Nani and dadi who were also seating nearby, looked at the mother-son duo lovingly and continued their chatting.

"No mamma, I want to make them, jaise aap banate ho jab aap tension mein hote ho" Kavish was insistent that they make it. but that was not as surprising as when he said 'tension'. A 5-year-old kid mentioning tension was a bigger tension itself!

"Tension? Chiku, kya hua hai?" Khushi asked pulling him on her lap, lovingly caressing his face

"Today's IPL (Indian premier league) match mamma, Delhi daredevils are losing, our team needs 30 runs in 12 balls" he said widening his chocolate brown eyes and Khushi mentally facepalmed, while Arnav who was working from home and was also there nearby, chuckled at his son's sports craze!

"What is this Chiku? All the time sports talk? Did you finish your math homework? Did you write tables?" now Khushi was angrier than tensed.

"Ye baat sahi kahi Khushi bitiya ne. Kishu(Kavish) ko padhai karni chahiye, kitchen ke kaam doesn't suit boys" dadi commented and Arnav stopped working hearing that

"What the-? Dadi, I don't believe in all this boys cant do this and girls cant do that talk. Kavish can do whatever he likes, as long as its nothing objectionable. And I don't see any objection with cooking" Arnav lashed out on Dadi while Khushi and nani looked on. But dadi kept quiet.

"nahi Arnav ji, point is when will he study? He doesn't even sit for an hour at one place" Khushi intervened but again Arnav stopped her,

"And still completes his homework on time, right? Khushi, till day have we ever had any complaint from his school?" he pointed out

"No but, I was just saying ye ladka padhai hi nahi karta. How will he handle business when he grows up? He is AR's future CEO after all and-"

"Ek minute Khushi, who said Kavish will be future CEO of AR?" Arnav's question shocked all 3 ladies, nani, dadi and Khushi. While his son got irritated with the elders' talking about his supposed future while all he wanted was to have some jalebis and see his favorite team win!

"Huh? What do you mean? Who else will it be?" Khushi wanted clarifications, obviously! Who else was the CEO after Arnav if not their kid?

"Well, it could be Piya, or Pari. Or even my princess, Aru. Or even Akash's new baby? Frankly even someone outside Raizada family could take that place. It's the board's decision after all" he shrugged stating the fact. And he was right, CEO's positions don't generally pass on like that.

"Arnav beta, what are you saying? Why would an outsider be AR's CEO? When we have 5 heirs to take the place rightfully? They are the owners of our business" it was again dadi's turn to point out her facts.

"Nahi dadi. I agree our kids would inherit our wealth, but the title of CEO isn't given in inheritance. They will have to prove their worth. And Khushi come on, I didn't expect you to say only boys will head the business, didn't you look after your babuji's meethai shop?"

"I am not saying that Anrav ji, when did I say girls cant? You misunderstood me. hamare kehne ka matlab bass ye tha ki Chiku bhi toh business dekhega, CEO or some other position. And Arnav ji, of course daughters of our family can do it too. At least Piya or Pari can, I don't think Aru can though" Khushi said slightly laughing, but that clearly offended Arnav

"Excuse me? Did you just say MY daughter can't lead MY business?" It was a direct hit at his pride when someone said his child wouldn't be able to do something!

In the meanwhile, they both didn't notice, the match had finished and Kavish had left from there cheering happily, as his team won!

"Uff, Arnav ji, shaant. Yes, that is what I am saying, because no matter how much you deny, Arohi Singh Raizada is only expert in mischief! Business sambhalne lagi na, to ho gaya fir!" and before Arnav could retaliate, they heard another loud voice

"Bass karo tum dono(stop it you two)" It was nani who interrupted them now. "Kya karat ho? Bacche abhi 5-6 saal ke bhi nahi hain (your kids aren't even 5-6 years) and you are fighting as if they have to decide tomorrow?"

Arnav and Khushi both gave a look to each other as if saying, 'see, it is your fault'. but nani saw that and continued to scold the two 'grown-up-kids'!

"You both are wrong. Khushi bitiya, mana ke aru bitiya masti karti hain (agree that aru is mischievous) par wo toh aap bhi kiya karti thi na? and see today you are handling your own business so well? And Chote, Subhadra ki baat se hum puri tarah sehmat nahi hain (I don't agree with Subhadra(dadi) fully) but I also want you to train your kids first and see if they can indeed take over our family business. After all it runs in their blood right?" nani made a fine point there

"Ji nani" both said together and all dispersed

--*--

Late that night, after dinner and tucking all 3 kids in their beds, arnav-khushi once again found themselves resuming the 'CEO-talk'.

"Khushi, I just wanted to say that I don't want to force our kids for anything, you know? If Pari wants to do painting, let her, if Kavish wants to be a cricketer let him be and if my Aru wants to do fashion, she will find her dad opening a whole new fashion house for her! But I don't want to impose our dreams on them Khushi. Because I was not given that choice. I was made to take over the business without even stopping to think if I wanted to do something else. But my kids have that chance, I want them to utilize it fully. And even after that if they want to come to AR, I will be most happy to hand over my chair to Kavish, or Pari or Aru or even payal-akash's kids." Arnav opened up on what he really wanted to say. Having to take over the family business at a tender age of 23, he always wondered if situation was any different, would he have found himself another career?

Khushi was glad he shared his inner turmoil and the real reason why he so vehemently opposed the idea of Kavish being the future CEO.

"hum samajhte hain Arnav ji. You are right, our kids shouldn't feel pressurized to make their career choices. We will always support them in their dreams, we will help them make good decisions."

"I am glad you agree" Arnav said while switching the bedside lamp off, getting ready for bed.

"But I guess, we will just have to wait and watch who's the future CEO of AR after all?" she said keeping her head on his chest, her favorite headrest! He just hmm'ed in response, not knowing what else to say. And both drifted off to sleep. Maybe their dreams would tell them who's AR's future?

--*--

A/N – so what do you think guys, who will be the future CEO of AR?

I will tell you guys in the next chapter what I think about it 😉 And no, its not my favorite arshi baby, Aru. Not because I don't think she can do it but because I see her doing something else :P

Anyhow, back to AR's future CEO, do let me know what your thoughts are on this chapter and don't forget to vote 😊 

Also, I am thinking to get them a pet (dog to be specific), what you think?