84. The dry spell.

My dear baccha party readers, this topic may not be for you. So, maybe skip this one and re-read some of the old chapters :)

Rated - PG-13.

--*--

Khushi Singh Raizada was not new to miracles. She had seen many miracles happening in her life and around her in general. Her husband Arnav Singh Raizada himself was a chalta-firta (walking) miracle too, being a shapeshifter from devil incarnate to angel on earth many a times. But in all this, one thing had been fairly same, his passionate lover avatar, his willingness to romance her!!! He was somehow always turned on whenever she was in close vicinity! Right from that moment of that photoshoot at AR years ago when she wore a saree for him for the first time -technically not for him, but his company but anyhow- to the stolen moments during her jiji's wedding to then the many times during their own remarriage when he had managed to steal her away from the crowd called their families -even from herself- and kiss her, hold her, basically take her breath away.

And then there was today. This same man, her Arnavji had refused to so much as look at her properly, let alone leave her breathless.

She watched him come out of bathroom, fresh out of shower, a white linen towel wrapped around his lower half while another towel around his neck, he looked magnificent! Her eyes followed a few water droplets that dripped from his wet hair down his lightly stubbled cheeks to his bare torso.

She gulped hard.

By then Arnav became aware of her unwavering gaze at him. Any other day, he would have taken the lead from that point and wouldn't have stopped until those same eyes closed in ecstasy. Today even these thoughts weren't doing anything for him, as his 'little guy' was in no mood to do any hardwork!

Not that he himself was enjoying this very much! After all, he was a warm-blooded man married to a sinfully gorgeous woman who was no less than a nymph! Besides their explosive chemistry had always been a plus. So, he had never remembered facing 'this' issue ever.

But he somewhere also knew the reason for this phase too. Ever since they had returned from NK's wedding, he was drowned in work. AR had been doing well but they had gotten many new contracts, which meant new challenges to face. They had also been in the process to take over another small company which specialized in Lucknow chikankari work. That had added pressure on him. And lastly, a new competitor called Madhav Oberoi had been giving them a headache. Oberoi group which was a well-known name in the business world, had declared to enter in fashion industry. This sudden entry of theirs into the fashion world was both a challenge and a threat to AR.

So, it was no wonder that he was facing tough time to *ahem* perform in that other field.

His reverie was broken when he felt Khushi standing very close in his personal space. Any other day, the look in her eyes would result in a morning quickie, but today- he sighed.

After waiting for him to at least hold her by her waist and kiss her, she pouted sadly and leant closer.

And then he stopped her. Keeping his hand on her shoulder to keep her lightly but firmly at a safe distance, he said, "I am getting late for work Khushi. Not now."

And then getting ready at a lightning speed, he left. Leaving a sad, disappointed wife behind.

"Hey Devi maiyya, ab hum kya karein (what should I do now)." she said as her mind went back to a conversation they had had one morning...